somehow we're only 124th
- Member for
- 1 year 29 weeks
|2 weeks 4 days ago||Negativity||
Yes this was a painful loss, but we did better than expected going in, and this is the last game for players like Gardener and JMFR who have given so much to the program. Quit whining, now is not the time.
|18 weeks 5 days ago||Tradition||
Just because we have a strong tradition does not mean we can never experiment with new things. We broke from tradition when we switched to winged helmets in 1938, yet you don't hear any fans complaining now.
|50 weeks 1 day ago||I will be rooting for them||
I have a few friends at MSU who have actually been decidedly sufferable MSU fans, and I really enjoy watching their defense play shut down football. I generally want MSU and OSU to be good teams, rivalries are better when the competition is top notch. That being said, I never root for OSU.
|1 year 6 days ago||Fair point||
I should have specified further: struggles in our marquee sports, especially football and now basketball as well. It is good to keep in mind the success of other less appreciated sports as well though.
|1 year 6 days ago||Congratulations||
Congrats to all these athletes. Despite our recent struggles athletically, at least we can remain proud of the academic success of our student athletes.
(I'm here for the posbang)
|1 year 16 weeks ago||Injuries||
It seems to me there have been a whole lot of injuries this fall, I wonder whether it's a product of the intensity the coaches stress at practice, or if it's just bad luck. That being said, Avery will be back for a full week of practice before the Notre Dame game; assuming he can stay in shape, this shouldn't hit us too hard.
|1 year 17 weeks ago||Considering your book rankings||
I actually really enjoyed the fifth book. I thought the Jon storyline was pretty compelling, and while Danaerys was definitely frustrating, I still found some of the later stuff with Selmy to be really good. I would say
1. Storm of Swords: two great weddings, plenty of action, and a huge diversifying of characters
2. Game of Thrones: did a great job of setting up the world, and the Ned-slaying at the end made me realize that this was unlike almost any series I had read.
3. Dance of Dragons: Goes way more into the magical aspect of the world, great hostilities between the Manderlys and the Freys, and (hopefully) represents the low point for the good guys (whoever they may be)
4. Clash of Kings: Great stuff with the Brotherhood Without Banners and great Stark storylines, but lacked the impact moments of a lot of the other books. Blackwater didn't do it for me in terms of suspense, I never saw Kings Landing falling.
5. Feast for Crows: Had a few really great aspects: the Kingsmoot, Cersei's expose, and Arya's storyline, but dragged on, and really felt the absences of some of the best characters.
As far as Michigan Football goes, I think you're spot on. My (homer) hunch says we put together a special season and go 11-1, dropping either OSU, PSU, or Northwestern, but I'd say 9-3 is more likely. No matter the record, I would really like to see us send Gallon and Lewan out with a Big Ten Championship.
|1 year 28 weeks ago||Good work||
I was hoping someone would look into this. Really puts into perspective how well we are recruiting nationally. Thanks Coastal
|1 year 29 weeks ago||A great year for Michigan||
And next year could be even better! The football team is poised for a huge year (I predict two Ohio State games followed by a BCS Bowl), and the basketball team is getting enough new talent to reload pretty effectively. I couldn't have picked a better time to start freshman year
|1 year 29 weeks ago||Not in name||
It's Ray's Red Hots now. Still serves out a delicious polish sausage with cheese fries though.