- Member for
- 1 year 24 weeks
- Current value
|6 days 23 hours ago||Peppers and Chipotle||
1) I don't understand the Peppers thing, so I am choosing to interepret it as "he outran his own shadow, which caused a rupture in the space time continuum., throwing off our stopwatches." (Especially if he ends up at Michigan).
2) I would buy a t-shirt with a picture of Lewan and Ryan riding scooters with recruits. Just saying.
|1 week 6 days ago||Two Dumb Questions||
1) Hagerup: I read someplace that Hagerup was viewed as a potential NFL draft pick this year. Does he have serious NFL potential, and is he seriously jeopardizing that over alleged MJ?
2) Kovacs: I guess I am old, but even after 3 and a half years of interest, is close to $100,000 a plausible debt level for TWO YEARS of out of state U-M tuition room and board?
|5 weeks 6 days ago||Maturity? Mediocrity?||
Between this and the Outback Bowl, I find myself in the curious position of saying "OK, we lost, but those kids sure played a great game." Maybe it's maturity, I don't know.
Anyway, those kids sure played a great tournament. Hail.
|6 weeks 21 hours ago||More Rule Posts, Please!||
It's the nerd in me, but I love rule posts, and still have fond memories of the discussions of the incomplete pass and roughing the kicker from the football season.
The irony is that Morgan's shuffling and that little hop are him DEFENDING, which is what people theoretically want to see.
|6 weeks 6 days ago||HFJ||
He's UM Law class of 96 or so (he took a year off to run his dad's campaign, so I'm not sure when he graduated.) His father was a long-time US Rep, and he held the seat for a few years before redistricting got him. Now he does political commentary and is probably a banker or something.
|10 weeks 4 days ago||Texting Recruits||
Unless the texts come from hot co-eds or from grads now starting for pro teams, I don't see how it's going to work.
(I would have also included "Greetings! I am a Ghanian solictor, and have recently receieved a bequest that I would like to transfer into your name," but that sounded like a recruiting violation).
|12 weeks 3 days ago||Nerdism||
Yeah, it's not as inspiring, but I'm pretty sure that logically, the gazelle must run faster than the slowest gazelle,* or it will be eaten, and the lion must also run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. **
* See also the joke that starts with "Two Michigan Law students go camping" and ends with "I don't have to outrun the bear . . ."
** Assuming one gazelle will feed the pack of lions, and that the pack won't let a slow lion mooch indefinitely. Otherwise, add replace "slowest gazelle" with "slowest N gazelles", where N is the number of kills it will take to make the lions stop chasing.
|13 weeks 3 days ago||Replay||
I agree that the replay is disputable -- what was the call on the field?
|13 weeks 5 days ago||Nice Job||
Excellent writing, good advice, but most impressively, I had to check Wikipedia because I couldn't tell if the dachshund thing was real or not. (Worse, Naismith's actual life is still so funny that now I'm not sure if WIKIPEDIA is punking me.)
|24 weeks 6 days ago||Request - Cincinnati||
Is there any chance of Heiko and Al Borges doing a panel discussion for the Cincinnati alumni club? I'd be willing to travel to Columbus or Louisville as well. ;-)
|24 weeks 6 days ago||Coaching Philosophy - Devil's Advocate||
Two Part Question
1) If you were AD, what are the top 2-4 things you would like to see changed about coaching philosophy, playcalling, staff, recruiting or similar issues.
2) In the privacy of the AD's office, what do you think Hoke and Borges would say to justify going the other way? In other words, these are two smart, experienced guys who want to win games. Do you think that they:
(a) Don't get it;
(b) Understand but disagree (and if so, what's their best case); or
(c) Agree but don't currently have the tools?
|1 year 17 weeks ago||Nooooooo!!!!!!||
1) I guess it's the right decision, but man it hurts. Hoke is more of a man than I am, in case anyone wondered.
2) Good response by Stonum -- I hope things work out for him.
3) Nooooooooo!!!!!! Couldn't Stonum buy a bike or something?
|1 year 24 weeks ago||Hoke at Chop House||
I love the idea of Brady Hoke ordering a steak.
- Coach Hoke, what can I get for you?
- It's not about me, it's about these kids.
- [Takes recruit's orders]
- OK, Coach, what will you have?
- A steak.
- [Sigh] What kind of steak would you like?
- Well, we'll have to see what develops. For now, let's just work on a steak.
- [Sigh] And how would you like that cooked?