Predictable based on tweets and last night's thread. But a few things stand out:
- Glasgow #1 NT? This mentioned in the write-up on Hurst. Again, not sure if Pipkins played last night, but is he #3?
- Godin started at 3T, some praise for his play last night. They predict Henry as the opening day starter, but as of now Godin is #1 (probably as a way to keep fire lit under Henry). This would put Wormley #3 at the moment. Didn't hear much about him either, not sure if he played. But this pushes the two supposed interior DL starters to #3.
- Peppers is starting at CB, if that wasn't clear. Taylor came in at CB when going to nickel. Lewis started on the other side. Countess is currently on the outside looking in.
- Peppers was beastly.
- Bolden is absolutely lighting it up.
- For those who believe this D is just last year's D one year older, you're ignoring the facts above: two starting CB's (one of them All-B1G) and two promising quasi-starting - or at least penciled in as starters in 2014 - DL have been pushed to second (or third) string, and a younger LB has overtaken a three-year starter. This could all change in the next two weeks of course, but that's 5 of 6 positions where competition has replaced a 2013 starter or presumed 2014 starter. All other things being equal, that should be good news. Plus, the aggression thing is real.
- Offense is as expected: Morris and WR's (Funchess, Ways, Darboh/Canteen). Yes, we should all be concerned.