that's unfortunate, but at least the interest is there on both sides
- Member for
- 5 years 36 weeks
- View recent blog entries
- Chris Nolan/Batman
- Matrix (2 and 3 weren't great, but there is some good philosophical, existential, mathematical stuff in there. Also, I include Animatrix in there, and particularly "The Second Renaissance, parts I and II.)
- Marvel has been killing it
- it looks like Cover 1 instead of the Washington/Va. Tech Robber coverage, and
- with 3-4 personnel, using RJS as a hybrid DE/LB and in this case playing the 7-tech SDE
- WDE is in a 4i technique (inside shade of OT)
- 3-tech must command the double team, freeing the MIKE.
- MIKE keys guard for cross-pull, makes "PULL!" call and runs the crease (A or B gap, where the hole has been created.
- Backer (B) must be heels in D gap on LOS (initiated by "pull" call from MIKE)
- Corner must "crack and replace," meaning that with the flanker crackback, the corner replaces the defender being cracked
- Rover (R) must force ball back inside--he must meet the FB 1 yd behind the LOS and as tight to the box as possible. If TB bounces, escape and tackle.
- Nose keys a pull and expects back block by the center. Fight pressure and constrict the hole.
- WDE plays weakside C, constrict and pursue.
- Wolf (W) executes a "fold" technique, shuffling toward play, securing gaps visaully until ball declares, then pursue.
- Free safety fronts the ball.
- Weakside Corner is the TD saver, pursuing for the opposite corner goal-line, but being careful not to allow a big cutback run; i.e. stay behind the football as you take your pursuit angle.
- RJS wasn't in his gap
- The 3-tech did an absolutely terrible job on this play allowing the OT a free run at the MIKE. The 3-tech's footwork on his get off probably got him yelled at in film review. Dreadful.
- Countess was late and too wide on his assignment. His fit is b/w the Rover and Backer. As a result, he was unable to make the tackle and it went from a 5-7 yard gain to a 35 yard gain.
|1 day 23 hours ago||Just finished popping the corn||
Going to head over to the Rivals premium board now.
|2 days 3 hours ago||Yikes||
That's gonna leave a mark. Hope there's plenty of coffee on hand on 6/12 at SMSB in the D.
|2 days 8 hours ago||East, IIRC.||
|2 days 8 hours ago||Cool story bro||
|2 days 9 hours ago||Jeez||
|2 days 22 hours ago||Who are the 49's?||
Get the 49'ers confused with the Houston Colt 45s?
|2 days 22 hours ago||'96||
As a Math/Teacher Ed. student at EMU.
Used pine email starting in early '90s while at UM. Cool story bro: when I entered the Ross MBA program in '12, my original uniqname was still on file and I had to use it. At Ross I was the only one of my colleagues whose uniqname wasn't some form of his/her actual name.
|2 days 22 hours ago||That's what she said.||
That's what she said.
|3 days 51 min ago||Cripes||
That stance is poor for youth football.
|3 days 55 min ago||Standard joke...||
...when hanging out with the fellas and heading to the john:
"Excuse me, I have to go take the Browns to the Super Bowl."
|3 days 1 hour ago||I don't like...||
...when people are a certain religion, political affiliation, or fan of something because their parents are.
I have two young kids, and I'm not going to push them to be Michigan fans. In fact, I'm going to counsel them to think for themselves and choose accordingly. Just don't jump on a bandwagon, like Oregon now or Miami in the 80s/90s. Don't think it'll work, though, as both kids (ages almost 5 and almost 3) know "The Victors" and have recognized since they learned to talk that the Block M stands for Michigan and "Go Blue!"
|3 days 9 hours ago||'Twas||
a sarcastic shot at the horn-dogs who like sexybits.
|3 days 10 hours ago||Point made above||
So my edit will be a pic of Kate Upton:
|3 days 10 hours ago||To be fair||
Urbs looks like he's thinking, "I'd tell this piece of shit to get his arm off me if I didn't think I'd end up floating face down in the Everglades."
|3 days 10 hours ago||Question to OP:||
Any chance you work for Bleacher Report?
|3 days 13 hours ago||Ironic thing is...||
...Harbaugh loves to tweet about everything Michigan Football, and we've all loved it. Yet, had he not tweeted about the team watching this movie, no one would've known, they would've watched it in peace, and there would have been no community blow up and subsequent banning. You can bet that we won't be hearing about what movies they're watching any more.
|3 days 14 hours ago||The University is part of the marketplace of ideas...||
...but this blog is not a part of the U. This blog is a subset of that marketplace, pertaining specifically to sports, concentrating on "football, basketball, hockey, and what have you." If you desire to engage with members of the UM community on this political topic, I'm sure you can easily find places to do that. This isn't one of them. It isn't about level of agreement, because people and topics who have expressed both left and right leaning views have been sacked.
|4 days 55 min ago||Does...||
....30 for 30 count?
|1 week 4 hours ago||Cazzie is a great choice||
But it's not as cut and dry as Seth would have you believe. First, it's "the house that Cazzie built" mostly because he was the first elite player here, not the best. Second, to suggest that people who didn't say "Cazzie" are either young, ignorant, or both, is arrogant and that attitude is more wrong and immoral than not choosing Cazzie.
|1 week 2 days ago||I think he will||
Just not likely as HC at a Power 5 school. Those who are thinking "maybe Purdue," I don't think any B1G AD would take a risk like that--he was given the keys to a potential gem of a program, had all the resources and support anyone could ask for, and failed at winning enough games.
I could see him as a mid-major HC, or most likely a Power 5 DL coach. Guy just loves football and helping kids too much.
|1 week 2 days ago||Interesting||
Three spread teams. Seeing the light? Learning how to defend it better? Visiting buddies in the profession?
|1 week 3 days ago||Uh.....||
|1 week 3 days ago||In before MacGruber|
|1 week 3 days ago||In before mods go||
|1 week 4 days ago||Just absurd||
The most talented player on the 2008 offense was probably David Cone...as a rapper.
|1 week 4 days ago||Guess||
Greg Skrepenak? Has to be the largest guy to ever don the Maize and Blue.
When you dwarf other NFL OLmen, you are huge.
Our time at Michigan coincided. My man would wear t-shirt, shorts, and an open overcoat on campus in January. The cold seemed to get out of his way. I also remember him dunking repeatedly down at the IM Building one day.
|1 week 4 days ago||Here's what I see||
First, this is Classic G defense, except:
Morgan is correct, as he is responsible for D gap and to get his heels 1 yd. behind the LOS on run to his side. There is no angle weak as Seth has suggested; RJS is responsible for C gap, but is used to LB technique where you shoot your hands to the blocker and discard to get to the ball. He needs to play the C gap first.
Here's the offense's (we spell ours with an "s" #murca) blocking scheme:
This should've been a dead play, with two unblocked defenders (playside corner and MIKE) unblocked in the box. Even if the D concedes the combo of the OT/OG (which would never happen from a D perspective but would from an O perspective), the corner is unblocked and there should be 1-2 free hitters, one outside the ball and one inside it.
The reason the play broke was because:
Again, the offensive geniuses (no sarcasm) can do whatever they want in order to think they have a numbers advantage at the point of attack, but the simple truth is that when the QB turns and hands it off to a runner, there's now 11 defensive players attacking 9 blockers. In other words, if everyone on both sides executes, the defense should win by simple arithmetic.
This is why I like option football--it allows the offense to play 11 on 11. And spread allows the offense to remove defenders from the box.
The only pro-style teams to win the national title in the BCS era were simply loaded with NFL talent (SEC teams and USC--recruiting issues, anyone?). This, in my opinion, is the key to the ability for the Jim Harbaugh era to be a perennial playoff contender.
|1 week 4 days ago||Hmmm, let me think:|
|1 week 4 days ago||Not that you need the points, but||
+1 since OP can't be upvoted.
|1 week 4 days ago||Anyone think...||
...that Duke benefitted from more rest? They played in a blowout early game while Wisconsin had to battle Kentucky in the late game.