Yesterday we dropped one territory overall. This isn't the end of the world as our attacks were more concentrated in that we wanted to make sure we won key positions rather than winning relatively inconsequential territories. The biggest result from this strategy is that we finally broke into Toledo and we can now reach every single territory in the state of Michigan besides CMU. We are also facing a bit of a front with OSU and Alabama.
Elsewhere in our alliance Florida continues to make waves against Nebraska, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma. They have some key spots out west at UTEP and Kansas State where they can really be a burden to the opposing alliance. Georgia Tech and Clemson did a great job in nearly kicking OSU out of the Atlantic Coast yesterday. Lastly, Texas expanded quite a bit and is in a versatile position to help out in both the northern and southern front as needed. Overall this may be the most promising map our alliance has seen in quite some time.
Steps To Play Every Day:
- Sign up for a reddit.com account if you don’t have one already
- Visit https://flair.redditcfb.com/ " go to “find by conference," click “FBS” then “Big 10” and finally “Michigan” to set yourself as a member of our team. Click “Update Flair” to set it.
- Visit https://michigancfbrisk.com/ and click “Get Order!”
- Click the blue chessboard beneath the logo that you’re meant to attack/defend to take you to the game.
- Scroll down, now, and on the right hand side of the screen, you will see the options that you can attack or defend. Click the school logo that you were assigned to
Do not ever attack any territory that is owned by one of our allies unless specifically told to do so in your orders. Our allies are Clemson, Florida, Georgia Tech, and Texas. If you get an order to attack an ally owned territory then it means we are coordinating with them, so it is acceptable. Otherwise, do not attack allied territories or defend territories that allies border please!
Make sure you aren't flagged as a bot
One potential issue with the influx of new users we had is that some players may have been flagged as a bot and therefore their actions may not be counting. If you are flagged as a bot you will see the image below on vote.redditcfb.com
If you are seeing that message follow the steps below, otherwise you can ignore this.
- Follow the link shown in the screenshot above and fill out the google form
- Wait at least one day for the text box to disappear. If it does disappear, you are all set.
- If the bot disclaimer message persists after one day, then message the mods of /r/cfbrisk directly. You can follow the link in step 4 below to do this in one easy click.
- Be patient as the mods of the game are busy and they are putting a lot of effort into running this thing.