So last night sucked, we all know that. But I am seeing a whole lot of negativity and despair from some people on here over one bad loss. So I feel we should look for the positives on this team and focus on the good things that are coming up ahead, rather than dwell on negativity and hatred.
Here are my silver linings in the wake of last night's loss, what are yours?
- We went 1-3 in a brutally tough stretch of the schedule, a stretch many were expecting us to finish 2-2 at best. In that stretch we faced 3 top 10 teams.
- We are still undefeated at home.
- We are still undefeated at neutral site games.
- We are not eliminated from B1G title contention.
- We can and will still win the conference tournament, because it is neutral site.
- The rest of the month should allow the team some time to rest, heal, and regroup with only 3 games in the next two weeks, two of which are against Penn State.
- We won't have to worry about road games in the B1G tourney or NCAA tourney, they're all neutral site, where we are currently undefeated.
- Last year's team lost on the road as well, and went 13-5 in conference.
- The past few games probably guaranteed that GRIII will be back next year.
- We won't have to deal with B1G refs after March 17th.
- MSU still sucks as a school.
- Both Duke and Florida, two other teams that may be one seeds, suffered embarrasing losses as well, to Miami and Arkansas respectively.
Cheer up people, it's just a bad loss, it's not the end of the world!