I'm about to go to bed, but brought up Ohio State fan website "The Ozone." Tony Gerdeman writes a regular feature on Michigan's game.
LINK: Michigan Monday
This is really for Michigan football junkies who haven't read enough already. Often, I'll quote liberally. However, there isn't a whole lot to say after a 63 - 3 beatdown. Here are a few observations:
- Michigan dominated in every single area. They did exactly what they were supposed to do against a vastly overmatched team.
- Speight was fine. Not yet someone who will scare a defense.
- We already know how good the senior receivers are. Eddie McDoom is very fast and worthy of notice.
- Obviously, Evans is the biggest news among the RB group. He is much more than a small scatback. It remains to be seen, but it appears he could be the kind of RB who would strike fear, and give Michigan a good running option up the middle in like, forever.
- 7 of 7 conversion of 3rd downs. Notable for the perfection, and how few 3rd down situations they faced.
- The biggest revelation of the day was the LB group. They were very, very good. The LB's were the biggest question mark. This kind of performance bodes very well. With the blitzing and the aggression, Michigan's defense is going to be dominant.
- The DL is good, as advertised. With the injuries to Mone, Taco, and Hurst, it will be something to keep an eye on.
Gerdeman is often a good read. There just isn't a whole lot to say with this kind of domination. If Michigan dominates the same way this coming week, it will be more worthy of note.