- Member for
- 8 years 34 weeks
- View recent blog entries
- Exteneded highway trips (anything > 30 miles)
- Any heavy traffic scenario
- Any parking situation
|1 week 3 days ago||Thanks for the analysis||
Curious how you crunched the numbers. Is there a quick and easy way to download the prelim heat sheets and crunch it in excel? I assume the coaching staffs are doing this but have always thought that somone should be doing it for us fans. All 39 of us.
|1 week 3 days ago||Been there||
Did the exact same thing in the 50 free my senior year.
|1 week 6 days ago||Here are the times I want to||
Here are the times I want to give control to my car:
All other times I would like to keep control.
BTW, that last bullet is the least talked about, but may be the absolute best part of an autonomous car. Driving up to work, the grocery store, mall, wherever and then getting out at the front door and letting your car find a spot for you . . . and having it come back to pick you up when you're ready to go??? Damn.
|3 weeks 1 day ago||Yep||
I think the rankings were especially bad back in those days. I didn't do a whole lot of investigating, I just know that he made his commitment at the Army AA game and even back then guys who played in that game were not 3 stars.
|3 weeks 1 day ago||3 out 22 = 13.6% Not goanna||
3 out of 22 = 13.6% Not gonna spend time digging too deep into the stats, but that seems about right to me.
Also, Alan Branch was not a 3 Star.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||Happy Friday All||
I will drink to anything
Pos bangs all around
|6 weeks 3 days ago||Just Here for the Bang||
Happy Friday the 13th
Watch our for dudes in old time goalie masks with large knifes
|7 weeks 2 days ago||How much did he mold him?||
More than the coaches who molded the #1 and #2 QBS I guess
|7 weeks 3 days ago||Exactly||
- 6 conferences each with 11 teams
- 10 game Conference schedule
- 2 non-con games
- 6 Auto bids, 2 at large bids for the playoff
|16 weeks 3 days ago||Happy Friday||
Perfect Fall weekend on tap - Friday night HS Football playoff game, nice weather for raking a few leaves, watch a Michigan football victory on Sat afternoon.
|17 weeks 3 days ago||Bang Bang||
Been looking looking forward to this for a long time.
Win with character. Win with cruelty.
GO BLUE !!!
|19 weeks 3 days ago||Happy Friday||
Have a good bye week all
4 hockey games for me and the kids
Perhaps a beer or two on Staurday night as I cheer on Wisconsin
|22 weeks 3 days ago||Happy Friday||
Friday a little time away from work for son's hockey tournament
Saturday a little ass kicking vs. Penn State
|23 weeks 3 days ago||Bang Bang||
I'll bang to that.
Happy Friday All
|24 weeks 1 day ago||Holy Pants what a cluster||
What the hell is it with NFL coaches and not understanding clock managemenet? Taking a TO to stop the clock with 1 minute left and inside the 20??? And then quickly lining up top snap the ball immediately after the ref wound the clock after tha booth review??? The Colts easily could have left the Lions with close to zero time but instead gave them 37 seconds and ll their timeouts.
|27 weeks 3 days ago||Happy Friday||
|28 weeks 1 day ago||Relax a bit, Hemingway||
While you may not care for the style, the OP wrote a post that included actual facts and an honest questioining of the current situatioin. You wrote a very strong (and might I add "douchey" if it is a word) post alleging something and provided zero evidence to back it up.
|28 weeks 3 days ago||Not sure on the 1500, but my||
Not sure on the 1500, but my assumption is that it is a remant from the bad ole days when womens events were designed to be less strenuous than mens. Perhaps I'm dating myself a bit, but I can remember the first Olympic women's marathon won by Joan Benoit. It was way back in 1984. That's right, a mere 40 years ago we still didn't let women run a marathon in the Olympics.
|28 weeks 3 days ago||A couple comments from a||
A couple comments from a former swimmer:
(1) The IM argument isn't realy the best argument to make. Competing in the IM doesn't require some type of additional level of skill, time to train, or effort to be good. In general you can think of it like this: IM swimmers are just swimmers that decide to train for the IM. The winner of the IM events is no more special than the winner of any other event.
(2) Competing and winning in multiple strokes is little more difficult than just swimming one, as a swimmer may find themselves competing against other swimmers that concentrate on only one stroke. For example, Phelps is going up against guys in the 100 Fly that are exclusively Flyers. That being said, there is quite a bit of carryover between Free, Back, and Fly so while it is a bit more impressive its not excactly multi-sport, Bo jackson territory. So we can give Hosszu some props for being a winner in the IMs and the 200 Back (assuming she takes gold).
(3) What is probably the most impressive feat in swimming is being good across muliple and/or large distances (this is the same as track and field). Looking at Ladecky, her gold in the 200 combined with a gold in the 800 is impressive by itself, but when you consider that she holds the WR in 1500 (which they don't have for women in the Olympics) she is a much more impressive swimmer that Hosszu.
By the way, 528.com did a pretty good piece on Ladecky. They looked at historical data across the events she swims and it shows some pretty eye opening thinngs.
|28 weeks 3 days ago||Bang Bang||
Happy Friday All
Last weekend before I start a new job.
I can smell football in the air.
Great to be alive.
|28 weeks 4 days ago||I think what makes you a bad||
I think what makes you a bad American is that you care about Olympic basketball.
|28 weeks 4 days ago||Another Reason||
I think that in swimming there is another big factor at play and that is the fact that a swimmer's time serves as a de-facto drug test. In baseball, football, and others there is a ton of subjectivity involved when we start suspecting players of doping - "player X gained 35 lbs after his rookie year", "player Y looks way too ripped", etc. Its very hard to be 100% (or even 95%) certain that doping is invloved. With swimming there is an absolute objective measure of performance - the clock. World class swimmers have a long history of competition and swimmers are well aware of each other's times, so when all of sudden a swimmer suddenly sees a huge drop over a short period of time its a pretty dead give away that they were doping.
|30 weeks 3 days ago||Welcome to the weekend||
Cup of joe at 7:00 AM
Bottle of beer by 5:00PM
Last days of July 2016!!!
|30 weeks 5 days ago||1. Best helmet? U of||
1. Best helmet? PSU
2. Fan of alternate uniforms? No
3. Big Ten favorite? OSU
4. Best mascot? Sparty
5. Loudest stadium? The horseshoe is the loudest I've been to
6. Best locker room? not qualified to answer
7. Coach you'd most like to play for? Fitzgerald
8. Best social media site? My local brewpub
9. Best pre-game music? M-Fanfare / The Victors
10. Do you play Pokemon Go? No
|30 weeks 5 days ago||Sample size||
I get that these types of things are essentially clickbait, but cumong man. A poll of 13 people?
|31 weeks 5 days ago||Please stop drinking and go||
Please stop drinking and go to bed.
. . . and pick another school to root for
|32 weeks 3 days ago||Good Morning all. Enjoy your||
Good Morning all. Enjoy your upvotes.
Another summer weekend.
Another weekend closer to football.
Cheers to everyone.
|33 weeks 3 days ago||Bang Bang||
Fridays are good
|34 weeks 1 day ago||Nope. Its a reference to the||
Nope. Its a reference to the Bowl games I attended when I was in school.
|34 weeks 2 days ago||Nice Job Magnus||
Normally I don't post to say thank you, but going into the 4th of july weekend I had to get a couple more points.