I GET IT
That Manning knows who he is. Who knows, maybe one day Manning will rue the day he gave the sage advice depicted here.
DG wearing reebok. I bet Adidas loves that...
Adidas owns Reebok.
Look at the hockey teams garb. After a bad season wearing addidas jerseys they moved to reebok.
Reebok is a subsidiary of Adidas.
and Nike shorts.
What kind of hat is Devin wearing? Looks sweet.
Actaully Gardner is giving the advice and Manning is just doing gestures to make sure he understands. That's what it looks like to me.
You got it, he was showing Dev that he now understands the proper time to scramble
Manning is explaining how to recognize the orange barrel blitz, and how to pick up the Papa Bear receiver -- "Orange Barrel! Reroute ... Call Papa Bear, hut! hut!"
Gardner will be a 1st round pick in 2015. Book it
Gardner will be the first pick in 2014. Book it
I'd prefer a 2015 first-rounder after leading Michigan to two straight nattys.
Boom. Fixed your fixed.
What is the context of this photo?
...the Manning Passing Academy as a counselor.
I don't think I've ever seen a camp that high schoolers could go to with so many potential marquee instructors.
"So, Peyton, that Charles Woodson is a hell of a player, don't ya think?"
(From any Volunteers' perspective)
" Do not be a Joe Bauserman and launch the ball into row 40 on a quick out".
"So what you want to do is just get in as many gosh durn TV commercials as you possibly can. Doesn't matter what the product is, just put yourself out there. If the fans can go through two consecutive commerical breaks without seeing your face, you're doing something wrong."
that everyone thinks is a rube, but I digress...you'll win your only superbowl and then your brother will win a couple."
I am assuming this is a picture from Devin's stint at the Manning Passing Academy, which I believe runs from today through Sunday down in Louisiana. What I did not know, upon doing a little research, is that in the brochure (HERE), Devin Gardner is listed as "Staff Emeritus" and an assistant at the camp.
I was present yesterday during this.
The camp starts around 5:00 each year on Thursday, but before it starts all the counselors (college QBs) work with Peyton and Eli for a couple hours. There are about 40 college WRs, RBs and TEs that they throw to. Jacob Hester (Broncos) and Chase Clement (Giants) were also present. There were a couple other NFL guys I think but it was hard to tell who was who. Some of the guys get in throughout Thursday night so more will come.
- The QBs are split in to two groups (one works with Peyton, the other with Eli and then they switch). DG was always first in line. Often taking reps with Peyton or Eli.
- I'm no football expert but DG seemed to do alright. I was standing with some college coaches and they were going on and on about his size and athleticism. Vince Young's name was thrown out a few times.
- After the workout the QBs and WRs were standing around talking to each other. A camper (8th or 9th grade) asked DB if he wanted to throw with him. He did so for about 15 minutes. he was the only counselor to throw with campers.
- Eddie George is a massive human. MASSIVE.
- Local ladies flock to town for this event. Let your imagination run wild and it is probably true.
- Chris Mortensen is always around. Everywhere you look.
- Jon Gruden and Jesse Palmer are regulars.
- Denard came for a few days a couple years ago.
- This year's winner of the Matt Barkley Award: Nick Montana. Awarded yearly to the QB who is waaaaay smaller than you would think he is. Former winners: Matt Barkely and Aaron Murray.
- Around 1,200 campers annually.
I appreciate the insight you shared here!
Wow, Dave Brandon showed up and tossed a football with a 9th grader! What a guy. And who's the kid that asked him over all the college and pro athletes around?!
In all seriosness, thanks for sharing.
"I brought you a potion and its gonna work great cuz it'll make you run. And you brought your potion, right?"
Hey, don't offend me"
Peyton: "I'll hit any of those dudes sitting in the stands over there. Just pick one."
Gardner: "Seriously? That ain't cool man."
you haven't seen Peyton's SNL skit then
Peyton Manning actually has a pretty good sense of humor, if you're implying that the lack thereof is the major contrast between Devin and him.
Learning from the best. Keep it up, DG.
not Tom Brady so how is he learning from the best unless you are talking about choking.
Peyton: Man, I was from here to that guy in the blue shirt away from the Heisman!!! My butt still hurts.
Heard your DC has some awesome SWAG going on, glad I don't face him anymore. Check out Juicy Dorfman over there, she's not wearing any panties, now let's loose 5, ready, Break!
Go Blue, by the way I was better on SNL than my dang baby Brother!
Is it judt me or does it look like Peyton is constamtly sucking on a lemon?
can't edit on cell phone
I call this move "The Sprinkler", gets chicks every time.
See that guy in the stands? Black shoes and white socks?! Come on, man!
Devin is clearly teaching Peyton how to point.
I see Peyton made DG turn his Michigan hat around. He could not bear to look at it.
Because of Woodson
Manning is probably telling him all the wrong things.
Peyton has the biggest head...I mean seriously! Look at that noggin!
Peyton looks significantly taller than DG. Devin is looking like a combine 6'31/4 in this picture
Looks like they are close to the same height if you rotate the photo a bit.
he has a rather impressive Fetushead.