Hey it's Seth I've completely thread-jacked this thread from the guy who suggested it because it's helpful to be collecting all the feedback in one spot. Maybe not ALL the feedback--but if you've noticed any bugs in the site post them here and if you have constructive criticism we very much appreciate it. The developers are also going to be in this thread. Even if we can't always respond, you're being heard.
Just had our weekly call with HUEL. They've been short-staffed since we aren't paying to have all hands on deck right now and our project manager recently had a baby. But we're working through things.
The Background issue is still sticky--we can get the background behind part of but not all of the site and we won't push it out until it's everywhere. It's way more complicated than I thought it would be; we wanted to push it out today but can't. We did however get the link issue fixed so they're underlined where they're supposed to be and not where they're not.
We got the login box issue fixed and then fixed for mobile. That was the big project after July 4.
And we got the user points working. If you're having trouble let me know because I tested it on every level of account and it works.
We've also created a new subset of issues that the developer can get to if they're low-hanging fruit. Examples:
Allow users to edit their own posts
Allow up/down voting on the Diaries and Board Posts themselves
Save user view preferences (e.g. how many posts to show, whether to thread oldest to newest or newest to oldest)
"Continue reading" links on front page should jump to the break tag not the top of the article.
WYSIWYG image posting should provide the option to post from a web url, not just upload to our site.
Comment boxes are "hopping" or "wiggling" as you type a response when your response is longer than the standard size. The bottom of the frame where you're typing seems to be automatically creating a space after the last paragraph or something that then pushes the bottom of the frame down for half a second. This happens with every letter typed and becomes very annoying.
The last happens to me--I haven't heard anyone else complain about it or else I'll bump it up.
- New comments in a thread should be labeled such. We need a new module it seems. It's a big fix but a priority.
- Allow users to edit their account information (right now there's a workaround if you try to reset your password).
- After you post in a thread you should be placed on your new comment, not the bottom of the comments.
- I want a background on the site to make it clearer where text is to my stupid, easily distracted eyes.
- Little design fixes like the content area is just under the 720 it's set for, text in tables not acting right, can't add tags in OLW, bullets aren't indenting.
- Allow users to edit their posts and edit their forum posts until they've been replied to (there is a security issue).
- See the 1.1. list