Quick takeaways from Sam Webb's interview with these two gents:
Sherrone Moore - Tight Ends Coach
- Depth chart sounds like what you'd expect: McKeon and Gentry at the top (both are bigger and faster, and Gentry's strength gains have also positively affected his confidence); Eubanks (we'll have to see how he is now that he's healthy); and Wheatley (another guy who has not been able to shine due to injury).
- Both freshmen--Schoonmaker and Muhamman, are physical freaks with the chance to be special players.
- Biggest area of improvement/emphasis was on clean releases off the line vs. man coverage. Taking this news with McElwain's comments from the spring, it's obvious that the coaches felt this was an area that needed drastic improvement from the entire receiving corps.
Jay Harbaugh - RBs and Special Teams
- Higdon and Evans are primed for special seasons. We're likely to see Evans used more in isolation schemes and in the passing game. Higdon has improved strength, flexibility, and lateral quickness. Evans is even stronger is working on using his off hand more effectively for stiff arms and to protect himself and the ball.
- Samuels, Wilson, and the incoming guys (Turner and Haskins) have the clearest path to RB3.
- Pass-blocking improvement from the OL trickles down to the RBs.
- Did not hear a mention of Kurt Taylor. Does anyone have any info on him?
- Offensive coaching staff is really clicking.
- Special teams has an electric returner in Ambry Thomas and some bigger, stronger options that will be used depending on the situation. Did not hear DPJ mentioned.