BC guys evaluate Bates's tenure positively.
- Member for
- 4 years 13 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|11 hours 45 min ago||You are correct that the||
You are correct that the Medical Team should get props for checking out the health of Morris. Getting the diagnosis right it way more important than the image for the University. As for Brandon, he is am idiot. He just threw his head coach under the bus to make himself come off as a caring individual. He let his head coach do multiple interviews and media requests yesterday while answering questions about the incident. If they were truly doing more testing to diagnose Hoke should have responded that there is further testing being done and we do not have the results yet. Now he is on record saying he only had an ankle injury and lookng like a fool. Dave Brandon is trying to save his own neck.
|1 day 23 hours ago||So his health was of their||
So his health was of their utmost priority, but they put him back into the game, after being pulled for his health, when Gardner lost his helmet......makes sense to me. TERRIBLE!!!!
|2 days 12 hours ago||I know that you left Saban||
I know that you left Saban off the list, but for a couple of reasons I feel he might be worth taking a second look at. Let me pose this.
1. He is familiar with the state of Michigan.
2. He was treated poorly by MSU and has a severe dislike for Urban Meyer.
3. His ego is large enough that you could sell him not on just ressurecting Michigan, but the entire Big Ten Conference. He has ressurected multiple programs and the next logical step for his ego is a conference.
4. His previous OC is already here and his current OC would jump at the chance to take over Alabama so the system wouldn't be a complete rebuild.
5. He has built his connections in the south so recruiting would get a lot easier, not to mention all the NC he has won.
6. $$ should not be an object. Charlie Strong was given $5 Mil to go to Texas, John Harbaugh is making $7 Mil, Jim Harbaugh is making $5 Mil, and Les Miles is making $4.5 Mil. Urban Meyer just got $4.8 Mil for OSU.
Play with his ego and pay the man, can't hurt to try.....but you better turn over the AD before this happens.
|1 week 2 days ago||I have been thinking about||
I have been thinking about this since the ND game and I think there are a few names that come to mind. Everyone is looking to Jim Harbaugh when in reality there is a bigger storm brewing in Baltimore. John has an owner and a GM entangled in the Ray Rice mess and they are gonna have fallout. John is familiar with Mattison so it isn't a complete stretch. $$ has to be comparable to his deal now, but given the fact that Meyer, Strong and Sumlin are all making roughly $5 million and Saban makes over $7 million it isn't out of the realm.
I have scanned the latest list of hot coaches and the cupboard is close to bare. Not sure they should experiment again. The other option is go after a huge winner with a huge ego and bet the farm. You sell it based on the chance to single handedly bringing the Big Ten back to prominence and the chance destroy his rival. That is Saban. He is connected to the south now, wins and instantly brings a credibility to the team and conference....kind of like Meyer. I know it is far fetched, but Michigan needs to get over that hump and has a bankroll to do it. We also need to get over the thought that Saban cheats. He may or he may not, point is that he hasn't been caught and even bigger is that the NCAA has shown they just don't care.
|1 week 3 days ago||My son is named Braylon too.||
My son is named Braylon too. My wife fell in love with the name while we were dating and I was in the Dental School.
|2 weeks 3 days ago||Desmond hit the nail on the||
Desmond hit the nail on the head. It all comes down to development. Herbie is usually OK, but his homer minute saying the Big Ten went 0-for during the 2011 January Bowls was down right disgusting. He blatantly called out U of M and completely passed on the fact that OSU won, but vacated the win and hasn't won a bowl game since. The Big Ten is terrible because they haven't adopted the win at all costs mentality that the SEC and Pac-12 have.
I don't get his Lee Corso has any room too talk about how the Big Ten hasn't adapted to today's college football. That man was past his prime 20 years ago and still doesn't know when to quit.
|5 weeks 4 hours ago||I would suspect this is his ride.....and outfit||
|6 weeks 2 days ago||Nope. Those who had season||
Nope. Those who had season tickets got in at 6:30. Everyone else got in at 7:00 regardless if they had a ticket or not. I think the students got in earlier too.
|6 weeks 2 days ago||My observations from last||
My observations from last night at the sUTL.
1. Attendance was pretty good. You didn't need a ticket to get in, they just opened the gates and let people walk right it. Tickets were just for their estimation of interest.
2. Student turnout didn't seem all that high even though they aren't back to school yet. The opportunity to get on the field didn't pull many in.
3. There was a guy who proposed to his wife on the field. She said yes I would assume as they walked off together. Unless she is into odd situations because he drove her there.
4. Shane M. and Devin G. both look good. While warming up Shane seemed to take things very serious and he seems to want to start. Devin was a little more relaxed and playful. Shane throws a heck of a spiral.
5. Your initial starting line was Cole, Magnuson, Miller, Glasgow, Braden. Dawson did make an appearance for Glasgow after some reps.
6. Your line for Morris was LTT, Burzynski, Kugler, Bosch, Dawson.
7. I expect your kick/ punt returners to be Norfleet and Peppers. Douglas took some snaps as well, but there is too much potential with the other two.
8. Mo Ways, Bo Fever and DeMario Jones all had some nice catches. Canteen had a great sprint and catch down the sideline. Our receiving corp is deep and good. Mo Ways had a heck of a block on one of the passes that went for some yards.
9. Our RB's all looked like we left off close to last year. No large gaping holes to run through, but they seem to know where they were supposed to be running through. Green, Smith and Johnson could all potentially start. Hayes looks good hitting the edge and his hands look good. Shallman is a stud. He is just hard to stay with, always finds a way to make a play and is just hard to bring down. He could be a ton of offense if nothing else seems to work.
10. Devin still has a tendency to not stand in the pocket and try too much. He did throw a couple into the stands to save the sack, but he also let one fly before that just over a defenders head that should have went into the stands...and Nuss gave him a talking to about it. I hate to say it, but he hit his ceiling last year. His decision making skills will make or break our close games and I am not sure he has matured in that area from last year.
11. Shane has crisp passes, more so than Devin. Shane reminded me a lot of watching AJ Mccarron run that offense the first year. He was mechanically sound, doesn't quite have the full grasp of checking at the line and stuff, but could run this offense because Nuss will get him through it. Shane has potential to be really good without being the athlete that Gardner is. Shane does have a tendency to stare down receivers on almost every pass, this could be an issue.
12. Our defense is tough. They are not the laid back bend don't break defense of last year. They are swarming to the ball...everyone. Our DEs are extremely quick. Clark and Charlton both were able to blow by guys and get into the backfield. They weren't afraid to send DBs either. This defense could keep us in games and definitely played more aggressive.
13. Our O-line... I sat in front of them as they waed up and did the drills at the behinning of practice. I think the problem here is that they are still young and learning. Good news is, I am not sure Glasgow is our best lineman anymore because the others have begun to catch up. Cole wasn't terrible, but he is a little undersized for the position. He has a bright future ahead of him. Braden and Magnuson looked the most polished of the bunch and they still were being coached a good deal. For the most part, they seemed to give Devin enough time to throw, but not much push to let the RBs through. I don't remember seeing Kalis at all last night, could be I just missed him. It was at times hard to tell if the D-line was just that good that they overshadowed the O-line or is the O-line still just that bad.
13. I was looking at the schedule and 9-3 looks achievable outside of ND, MSU, Penn St and OSU. We can win one of those. Everything else looks pretty weak. If the line starts to get push 10-2 or higher could be possible. The O-line is gonna be the key.
|7 weeks 1 day ago||He probably is pissy that he||
He probably is pissy that he was expected to go deep into the later innings tonight with little to no help from the bullpen. He wasn't exactly chipper last night watching everyone on the team throw for 19 innings and leaving nobody for tonight. The manager better put him in check quickly or else this could spread fast.
|7 weeks 1 day ago||I know the OLine doesn't, but||
I know the OLine doesn't, but the team in general has been given the warning. Hoke was smart in getting his seniors to buy into his system the first year and maybe the second. By his third the mood had changed and I firmly believe the players assumed that no matter how hard they worked the seniors would be given playing time over everyone else. Hoke is smart to evolve that mentality and maybe should have started last year. No one player should ever be more important than the team.
|7 weeks 1 day ago||Completely agree with what||
Completely agree with what you said. The one thing I am most excited about is that Hoke has finally admitted a little bit that he is done giving seniors the "job" just because they are seniors. I like the idea of playing with the line a bit to see how it mashes out. I don't know why eveyone is freaking out about starting a freshman on the line, this wouldn't be the first time Nuss has used one and done just fine. Maybe he really is that good of a player or maybe he hasn't bought into the whole "I will get to start cause I am a stud recruit" and is out there busting his butt. Either way, I want the best 5 on the field....and by best five I mean mentally and physically the best five.
|10 weeks 1 day ago||Wonder what the response||
Wonder what the response would be from the same group of kids when asked if they would rather just skip the NCAA and head right into the NFL?
|11 weeks 23 hours ago||If you want to try some great||
If you want to try some great beers from the local Michigan breweries, check out Bonteboktoberfest at Binder Park Zoo in Battle Creek. They open the zoo for an evening and many of the breweries come to serve their beers. You buy a ticket and you get to sample 10-12 glasses of beer (4-6 oz each) and you get to keep your glass. Not gonna get you wasted, but a great place to sample some of our local stock. They also have live music as well. Just an FYI.
|46 weeks 3 days ago||I would have to agree here||
I would have to agree here with Seth. I expect a different kind of standard and Lewan would have taken it for the better of the team. I was disappointed that Hoke was so quick to make the "no suspension" statement at the presser. He should have at least elaborated that it was being handled internally and that there would be discipline of some sort. I felt as though he just brushed it off.
|1 year 1 week ago||One could assume that since||
One could assume that since they did the Manning passing camp together that they could be acquaintences or even friends. So I don't find this to be patronizing at all or out of the realm of just being a friend. While I am not a fan of Manziel's media hype, he does seem to find a way to win. Gotta give the kid credit.
|1 year 2 weeks ago||Winning cures all. All it||
Winning cures all. All it takes is another conference to win a couple and the SEC is best will even itself out. My complaint isn't that they win, but that the preseason rankings give the SEC an unfair advantage to hold onto top spots without always earning them. Rankings shouldn't start until week 4 or 5 so we can fairly assess teams baeed on performance and not where they finished last year or how they look on paper. Giving any team an unfair ranking only helps them to stay at the top after beating up on cupcakes.
|1 year 4 weeks ago||M-41 CMU-7||
|1 year 11 weeks ago||Only bothers me when they try||
Only bothers me when they try to lessen my degree of fandom while they can't name more than 4 players on the current team, don't know who we play next week and can't name on recruit we have committed. You don't get to tell me I am less of fan when you can't do those things. If you aren't doing that then you are fine.
|1 year 20 weeks ago||Bluiett Highlights||
Watched the Bluiett highlights and I am not terribly impressed. He looks like an average shooter who takes a large amount of shots and has little if any idea on how to follow up a missed shot. He has an awkward release and looks like he has a be clearly set before he can shoot. He does like to pull the trigger though. For 6'6" I would like to see more inside work and rebounding.
|1 year 22 weeks ago||We had quite a few undrafted||
We had quite a few undrafted free agents signed. Is this a normal number for a Div 1 school or is this year an anomaly?
|1 year 24 weeks ago||Not sure who is was, but||
Not sure who is was, but there were 3-4 men and a group of young boys. The boys ran all over the place up and down the bleachers in front of people. The men hooped and hollared all while cussing and being very loud. As an adult, I could tolerate it....but not with my kids and wife. I was pretty shocked with the rather Family environment that we seen around us. No big deal, we just moved.
|1 year 24 weeks ago||Can't just appreciate the||
Can't just appreciate the genuine Thank You that people are giving. I have a last name that is never pronounced correctly and I never see the problem when I am being praised or thanked for doing good. You complainers must all work for Dick Sporting Goods.
|1 year 24 weeks ago||Took the wife and kids to the||
Took the wife and kids to the spring game for the first time. Kind of expensive to get all 6 of us at a real game and wanted them to see the Big House. They absolutely loved it. Motts was great, the volunteers and staff were great. Only downside we had were a group of guys who insisted on cussing every other word while watching. We moved after a bit and the kids didn't even care. Overall a nice experience. Wish they would at least simulate a game in full, even if it was only for a half. We will definitely go again.
|1 year 25 weeks ago||I find it terrible that ESPN||
I find it terrible that ESPN interviewed and put Jalen through the ringer all week about the Fab Five, only to make sure he couldn't be at the game. I know he gets paid to work for them, but this is a rare occurrence and to "use" him for their ratings all week is terrible. At least give the man a chance to see his school play.
|1 year 28 weeks ago||Looks like the first and||
Looks like the first and second OL that we can see in that video is around 301+ average in weight. Let's hope there is some strenght to go with all that beef. We need bigger holes.
|1 year 28 weeks ago||Looks like he was with the||
Looks like he was with the 2nd group.
|1 year 29 weeks ago||He looks pretty developed for||
He looks pretty developed for a post player in high school. Maybe a last minute growth spirt to put him a shade taller and he will be able to bang down low with best of them. At 6'9" he better play physical, the Big Ten has not been kind to guys that size this year unless they are physical. Seems like a solid pickup who can get some minutes to start and work his way into a big post player.
|1 year 37 weeks ago||There were some glaringly||
There were some glaringly obvous things yesterday from that loss.
1. Our ability to shoot the 3 ball could be our achilles heel all season. When you are on you will blow teams out, but when you are off you need to find other ways to create.
2. The number of freshman who play on our team is obvious. The experience factor played a big part in yesterdays loss. At times our guys seemed intimidated to take the ball to the basket, all of them.
3. Our lack of developing a low post game will cost us this year. I cannot understand why GR3 played so much outside on the wing while Stauskus seemed to end up down on the post.
4. Our ability to play zone or man coverage will end up being a good thing. It can change the pace of a game and create offense from the turnovers and rebounds.
5. Drive, Drive, Drive........this cannot be said enough after yesterday. Sure you are gonna take some hits, but let's get teams in foul trouble and create opportunities from the line. We left way too many points on the floor by chucking 3 pointers when we were not hitting or didn't have players in position for rebounds.
6. McGary needs to see more minutes against bigger teams. This kid hustles, blocks shots, can body up to a big man and play defense. The other guys are good, but he has the ability to be special when he gets back to 100%. We have the height, now we need to use a big man rotation to change up the pace when we are shooting poorly from behind the arc.
Just my 2 cents.
|1 year 37 weeks ago||My kids loved it when they||
My kids loved it when they were cheering BEAT OHIO at the end of the game last night. The whole arena was going nuts. Let's hope they shoot better than they did last night.