Football Display Case
i find this extremely interesting
i may have altered the title
i thought this was america
like I said on twitter: that was almost as intense as Iowa NIT games
...talks about how UConn hasn't been in contact and how they're out. (HT: UMHoops)
Jalen, Burke, and Simmons.
Mike Hart the heavy favorite in the trolling competition
just what the Pistons need: a third string center. Joe Dumars was replaced by a mean ol' alien a few years back you guys.
this would be a close approximation of hypothetical graduation speech
no you guys they're just super pumped about COLLLLLLLLLLLLEGE
not a surprise
premature congrats. One thing we can be sure of: he'll take fewer asinine penalties than Abdelkader
Thanks to ugly transitions between Fulmer/Kiffin/Dooley/Davis, Tennessee is on the edge of APR penalties for football.
i approve of this message
Seriously that's what the dashboard called them. Not THE Ohio or anything.
Seemed pretty uninspiring. It seemed to make light of a good OSU squad. It didn't surprise me that we came out a little flat and carefree.
I don't know what goes on behind closed doors with that team, but like you, I wish this team a little more fired up about who they were playing. They had a chance to make a statement against our top rival on their court, but they just did not seem focused and ready to play in the first half yesterday. But I don't think they'll make the same mistake twice. They will be ready when OSU comes to town next month. The crowd will be fired up and the team will feed off of it.
Brady Hoke: Kicking Ass And Signing Names On The Recruiting Trail
It's final 4 or bust for this team.
There were some glaringly obvous things yesterday from that loss.
1. Our ability to shoot the 3 ball could be our achilles heel all season. When you are on you will blow teams out, but when you are off you need to find other ways to create.
2. The number of freshman who play on our team is obvious. The experience factor played a big part in yesterdays loss. At times our guys seemed intimidated to take the ball to the basket, all of them.
3. Our lack of developing a low post game will cost us this year. I cannot understand why GR3 played so much outside on the wing while Stauskus seemed to end up down on the post.
4. Our ability to play zone or man coverage will end up being a good thing. It can change the pace of a game and create offense from the turnovers and rebounds.
5. Drive, Drive, Drive........this cannot be said enough after yesterday. Sure you are gonna take some hits, but let's get teams in foul trouble and create opportunities from the line. We left way too many points on the floor by chucking 3 pointers when we were not hitting or didn't have players in position for rebounds.
6. McGary needs to see more minutes against bigger teams. This kid hustles, blocks shots, can body up to a big man and play defense. The other guys are good, but he has the ability to be special when he gets back to 100%. We have the height, now we need to use a big man rotation to change up the pace when we are shooting poorly from behind the arc.
Just my 2 cents.
I agree with all of your points. As far as 3 point shots go I don't have a problem with taking them when they are open. But there's no need to keep throwing them up from WAY beyone the 3 point line. We had a stretch late in the game where we missed about 6-7 in a row and all of them were about 4-7 feet outside the line. Too far for a high percentage.
Seems like they kinda sorta started to figure this out at points in the game, but didn't stick with it. When they got them into the bonus in the first half, I was encouraged...but they didn't stick with the strategy.
The Team, The Team, The Team
I felt towards the end in both halfs, Michigan got to the Bonus pretty early. In both cases they stopped attacking the basket, and stopped getting fouled. I dont know why you don't sieze the opportunity to a.) Put your opponent into foul trouble and b.) Take free points while the clock isn't running. In games when you are either chipping away at a lead, or holding on to the lead late, the team that wins usually, wins at the free throw line. And its hard to win at the free throw line once you completely quit trying to go there.
As soon as Michigan realized the refs were not calling two hands on the body as a foul, the game changed. Craft was b-fing Burke for the first 5 minutes with no calls. The intensity had to pick up sooner than it did.
Nik "The Loon" Stauskas is amaahhzing!!
It's great to be a MICHIGAN WOLVERINE!!!!
Ohios best shot for us. Though disappointing loss lets look at a positive, for me at least. We were down huge in the first half and we clawed back give us a chance to win the game. I know large leads dont usually hold but I was impressed how we came back. I think we know sometimes it takes a hard loss, espeicially to a hated rival, to light another fire under butts.
Also, good learning experience for the young guys.
On to Minnesota
1) The funk that they went through vs. Nebraska carried over to OSU, except OSU is much better than Nebraska. The second half, they seemed to snap out of it.
2) the "lack of urgency" or "non fired upness" or whatever you want to call it that some people have complained about might actually be a strength. The team seems pretty level headed at all times, which I think allowed Michigan not to panic after they were down by 20+. An emotional low may have caused the team to fold after being down by so many, but lo, they came back in a cool, calm nature.
Go Blue. That it all.
Someone probably addressed this in one of the massive Ohio threads, but I noticed during the game a couple of things (and, yes, this is influenced by the maize-colored glasses):
1. The TV crew was unbearable. Their comments about our "lack of depth" seemed from bizzaro land.
2. The Ohio scorer's table video board was doing funky stuff. Now, take this with a grain of salt (especially considering the fact that I didn't re-watch the game to pick it apart)...BUT...It was like a strobe light disco when Michigan was running their offense, and then the blinking stopped when Ohio had the ball. WTF? And yes, my hat is tinfoil.
3. I'm just venting, but the refs were turrible. I know, common and annoying gripe, but (prior to the game) even 11W said officiating, especially with regard to Craft being too physical, would be a big issue. The refs let him go full Sandusky and it hurt us. We still should have won, but it's tiring to see our team game abused (and clotheslined).
Ok, neg away. Just needed to get that off my chest.
The "NutCracker" Pre-game speeched sucked, it did not prepare them for what was about to happen.
I thought the second half comments were awesome with the coaches. There was no panic in that group, really well done.
Let's remember we were about a centimeter away from taking a 1 point lead with 12 seconds left, how that shot did not go in is beyond me.