- Member for
- 6 years 15 weeks
- View recent blog entries
- Michigan finished 5th in its Big Ten Division last year.
- With our starting QB getting injured in the OSU game and unable to play in the postseason, Michigan’s offense put up a pathetic 14 points in its restaurant-labeled bowl loss; our second consecutive bowl loss and underachieving season.
- The media contends our head coach is on “the hot seat”, and this season’s record will determine his job status.
- Alumni and fans are also growing tired of the trend of disappointing season after disappointing season. Although beloved in his first year as head coach, the luster has worn off of the no-headset-wearing Michigan Man’s halo. It isn’t just the media who is calling for a change at the top if this season’s record doesn’t improve dramatically. Many Wolverine diehards also believe the head man must do better than a 4 loss season in order to avoid the ax.
- Preseason prognosticators peg Michigan to finish 3rd in their Big Ten Division.
- The offensive line needs to be retooled this year, including the replacement of our All-American left tackle.
- The QB position is well-manned with four capable student-athletes battling for playing time. The “competition” for starter will most certainly go to the 5th year senior QB over younger, but potentially more gifted youngsters.
- Fred Jackson looks to deploy a one-two punch at tailback while sprinkling in carries for a third back, although none of Michigan’s runners has proven they possess elite talent.
- The Wolverines have a talented corps of receivers, including an All-America candidate junior pass catcher and All Big Ten tight end from last year. An added element of excitement could come in the form of our uber-athletic cornerback taking some snaps with the offense.
- Greg Mattison's defense was good last year, but not great. With 8 returning starters, this year’s unit looks to turn up the heat with an aggressive, blitzing, in-your-face identity.
- The Wolverines are loaded with talent at the linebacker position, including last year’s team leader in tackles and All Big Ten performer.
- The Michigan secondary is recognized as one of the top units in the Big Ten as the Wolverines return three starters, including junior cornerback #2 — a member of the Jim Thorpe Award preseason watch list.
- The Wolverine kicking game will get a major overhaul this year as we replace our veteran long snapper, punter, and top 5 all-time point producer placekicker. Last year’s kickoff specialist is expected to take over extra point and field goal duties.
- The big story in regards to postseason play is the major change coming to college football, as this year the national champion will not be crowned by the BCS.
|1 week 5 days ago||Info comes from Michigan Insider email received tonight.||
Info comes from Michigan Insider email received tonight.
Sent from MGoBlog HD for iPhone & iPad
|1 week 5 days ago||Yes||
8am to 6pm Saturday. Golf course clubhouse.
|21 weeks 1 day ago||I was shocked. I expected the||
I was shocked. I expected the worst, but had nothing but a positive experience with OSU fans. Several fans came up to us and thanked us for coming (before and after the game). Others asked if we were treated well. All were genuine.
Sent from MGoBlog HD for iPhone & iPad
|21 weeks 2 days ago||Same here. Went in 1986.||
Same here. Went in 1986. Risking my life and my daughter's by going back again. Too big a game to miss. Section 10c if I make it alive.
|22 weeks 1 day ago||Same here. Plus have tickets||
Same here. Plus have tickets and hotels reserved for our next 3 games.
|23 weeks 6 days ago||Will be there...first time||
Daughter (who's a senior) and I will be there. Going to every single game this year (her idea), so the journey won't be over until January 9th. A stadium takeover a la Rutgers would be nice...
|24 weeks 6 days ago||Jr is not concussed, he has a||
Jr is not concussed, he has a firm grasp of reality. He is going no where....this bowl season.
|25 weeks 3 days ago||5 of us||
Section 106, row 29. But moving down to the empty seats in the 3rd quarter. Go Blue!
|26 weeks 18 hours ago||Hoping to move down from the||
Hoping to move down from the upper deck to the empty good seats in the 3rd quarter like we did at Rutgers. 5 of us coming wearing our maize. Go Blue!
|34 weeks 3 days ago||Thought of the day:||
Thought of the day: Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
|38 weeks 1 day ago||Glad he's OK. I sit in||
Glad he's OK. I sit in section 1. Two years ago your grandfather was a tremendous help in throwing out an obnoxious couple who were verbally abusive toward my daughter. I simply asked your grandfather to ask these people to show him their tickets (they didn't belong there). When the guy refused to show his ticket, your grandfather went ballistic on them and practically carried them out of the section. Didn't think he had that kind of spunk in him, but obviously he does.
|41 weeks 1 day ago||Wonder about regional accuracy||
Love the analysis Seth, and the way you tried to find who to believe when there's a discrepancy across services is especially helpful. I wonder if one service is more accurate than the others on a region by region basis. In other words, instead of just concluding to go with Scout when they're higher on a player than the others, I wonder if it can be concluded to go with Service X if the recruit is from Florida, but go with Service Y if the recruit is from the Midwest.
|1 year 11 weeks ago||Thank you! I've been waiting||
Thank you! I've been waiting for someone to point out the blatant hypocrisy in EL. Not a single mention by fans or media EVER about Izzo's Midnight Madness clown show being just that. Everyone laughs along with it and thinks it's great.
|1 year 19 weeks ago||It is Friday night, and it||
It is Friday night, and it applies during Summer term too. If you nod off, Harbaugh blasts an air horn to keep you awake.
|1 year 22 weeks ago||Correction on the long||
Correction on the long snapper. He has a hyper extended thumb from the MSU play, a ruptured bursa sack in his knee (happened two weeks ago), and was out all last week with 103 degree fever. Harbaugh didn't even let him travel with the team because he was still contagious on game day. Drove to and from the game from Ann Arbor. Need to cut the kid a lot of slack.
|1 year 28 weeks ago||FWIW, at the last two home||
FWIW, at the last two home games he's taken part in pre-game WR drills. Probably so it doesn't look out of the ordinary when he's in those drills before the MSU game...
|1 year 33 weeks ago||W7 Row 61||
W7, Row 61. Wearing blue, but it's going to be 87 degrees at kickoff so going with kahki shorts; not pants. Staying right on campus at University Guest House.
|1 year 35 weeks ago||SRO at RES||
With my brother, daughter, and nephew...
|1 year 41 weeks ago||Nike+||
haven't seen this posted yet, but a really cool aspect of all this is that Nike+ technology is going to be incorporated into practice jerseys and routines. The science of training is about to enter the 21st century for us like it has other programs such as FSU.
|1 year 44 weeks ago||Bought airfare and hotel for||
Bought airfare and hotel for this game, thinking tickets would be easy. StubHub prices outrageous, so donated $200 to the Crimson Club in HARBAUGH's honor in order to qualify for season tickets. Got a handwritten thank you note from Coach, but didn't rank high enough in Crimson Club for tickets. Expensive autograph and a cool story bro...
|1 year 44 weeks ago||This is absolutely correct.||
This is absolutely correct. There are one or two kids at each of the camps that the coaches are specifically interested in. Camp locations were not random. Everything Harbaugh says and does is with purpose and forethought.
|2 years 33 weeks ago||31-24 Good Guys||
31-24 Good Guys
|2 years 34 weeks ago||Are we related?||
Not sure if this is creepy, corroborative, nerdy, or all of the above, but we have written similar scientific proofs. During the Lloyd years I used to send an email to friends every year with a similar prediciton for each season. Haven't done one in a long time, but on August 20th I sent the following synopsis of pre-season chatter to a group of friends:
Oh, by the way, that was the preseason Wolverine chatter before the 1997 season. Which season did you think I was referring to??? All of these statements happen to be accurate for this year as well.....
|2 years 35 weeks ago||Received an extra one today...||
Sorry, not to rub it in...
|2 years 40 weeks ago||Duderstadt would be glad to see football disappear completely||
I can tell you firsthand that the Dude would like nothing better than to see us go the way of University of Chicago. To this day he's an advocate for ditching athletics in favor of sole focus on academics. And he's still kicking around on North Campus. I'm a little concerned that our new prez is leaning toward that end of the scale. Let's hope the two don't become best buds.
|3 years 2 weeks ago||Walked it||
With my daughter, who's a freshman. It was an awesome experience. Daughter took a video of me jumping up and touching the banner. Been on the field before, but never thought I'd get to touch the banner. Great event, will definitely do it again next year.
|3 years 3 weeks ago||I'm on my way||
Any idea where to find tickets?
|3 years 4 weeks ago||Me too||
I'll be going to the Spring game with my daughter, then doing the 5k walk on Sunday. Her idea, love it!
|3 years 17 weeks ago||R U Kidding?!?||
Crappy Bowl. Crappy Opponent. Crappy Date. Crappy Start Time. The real question is why are 5500 people going? I expected more like 55. After shelling out $4200 for my season tickets, I'll stay at home and watch this embarrassment for free. And if we win, that Crappy Trophy better not see the light of day in Schembechler Hall. Embarrassment to the program. And it only gets worse with the new bowl tie-ins starting next year. Better get this program back to where it belongs. Fast.
|3 years 22 weeks ago||Thank you, great post||
Thanks for keeping this little corner of the internet honest. Why let facts get in the way of a good post, eh?