if you seek an image of the most Wisconsin OL ever, enter here
- Member for
- 4 years 2 weeks
- Michigan finished 5th in its Big Ten Division last year.
- With our starting QB getting injured in the OSU game and unable to play in the postseason, Michigan’s offense put up a pathetic 14 points in its restaurant-labeled bowl loss; our second consecutive bowl loss and underachieving season.
- The media contends our head coach is on “the hot seat”, and this season’s record will determine his job status.
- Alumni and fans are also growing tired of the trend of disappointing season after disappointing season. Although beloved in his first year as head coach, the luster has worn off of the no-headset-wearing Michigan Man’s halo. It isn’t just the media who is calling for a change at the top if this season’s record doesn’t improve dramatically. Many Wolverine diehards also believe the head man must do better than a 4 loss season in order to avoid the ax.
- Preseason prognosticators peg Michigan to finish 3rd in their Big Ten Division.
- The offensive line needs to be retooled this year, including the replacement of our All-American left tackle.
- The QB position is well-manned with four capable student-athletes battling for playing time. The “competition” for starter will most certainly go to the 5th year senior QB over younger, but potentially more gifted youngsters.
- Fred Jackson looks to deploy a one-two punch at tailback while sprinkling in carries for a third back, although none of Michigan’s runners has proven they possess elite talent.
- The Wolverines have a talented corps of receivers, including an All-America candidate junior pass catcher and All Big Ten tight end from last year. An added element of excitement could come in the form of our uber-athletic cornerback taking some snaps with the offense.
- Greg Mattison's defense was good last year, but not great. With 8 returning starters, this year’s unit looks to turn up the heat with an aggressive, blitzing, in-your-face identity.
- The Wolverines are loaded with talent at the linebacker position, including last year’s team leader in tackles and All Big Ten performer.
- The Michigan secondary is recognized as one of the top units in the Big Ten as the Wolverines return three starters, including junior cornerback #2 — a member of the Jim Thorpe Award preseason watch list.
- The Wolverine kicking game will get a major overhaul this year as we replace our veteran long snapper, punter, and top 5 all-time point producer placekicker. Last year’s kickoff specialist is expected to take over extra point and field goal duties.
- The big story in regards to postseason play is the major change coming to college football, as this year the national champion will not be crowned by the BCS.
|20 weeks 5 days ago||31-24 Good Guys||
31-24 Good Guys
|21 weeks 3 days ago||Are we related?||
Not sure if this is creepy, corroborative, nerdy, or all of the above, but we have written similar scientific proofs. During the Lloyd years I used to send an email to friends every year with a similar prediciton for each season. Haven't done one in a long time, but on August 20th I sent the following synopsis of pre-season chatter to a group of friends:
Oh, by the way, that was the preseason Wolverine chatter before the 1997 season. Which season did you think I was referring to??? All of these statements happen to be accurate for this year as well.....
|23 weeks 1 day ago||Received an extra one today...||
Sorry, not to rub it in...
|27 weeks 3 days ago||Duderstadt would be glad to see football disappear completely||
I can tell you firsthand that the Dude would like nothing better than to see us go the way of University of Chicago. To this day he's an advocate for ditching athletics in favor of sole focus on academics. And he's still kicking around on North Campus. I'm a little concerned that our new prez is leaning toward that end of the scale. Let's hope the two don't become best buds.
|42 weeks 2 days ago||Walked it||
With my daughter, who's a freshman. It was an awesome experience. Daughter took a video of me jumping up and touching the banner. Been on the field before, but never thought I'd get to touch the banner. Great event, will definitely do it again next year.
|43 weeks 3 days ago||I'm on my way||
Any idea where to find tickets?
|44 weeks 22 hours ago||Me too||
I'll be going to the Spring game with my daughter, then doing the 5k walk on Sunday. Her idea, love it!
|1 year 5 weeks ago||R U Kidding?!?||
Crappy Bowl. Crappy Opponent. Crappy Date. Crappy Start Time. The real question is why are 5500 people going? I expected more like 55. After shelling out $4200 for my season tickets, I'll stay at home and watch this embarrassment for free. And if we win, that Crappy Trophy better not see the light of day in Schembechler Hall. Embarrassment to the program. And it only gets worse with the new bowl tie-ins starting next year. Better get this program back to where it belongs. Fast.
|1 year 9 weeks ago||Thank you, great post||
Thanks for keeping this little corner of the internet honest. Why let facts get in the way of a good post, eh?
|1 year 10 weeks ago||Maize-ish maybe?||
Not a speck of red on him at least...
|1 year 10 weeks ago||No blue suit???||
What happened to the blue suit he dreamt he'd be wearing???
|1 year 14 weeks ago||Noticed it because||
I found it ineffective if they were trying to hide signals from the press box. Mattison was swaying side to side as his signal. Holding towels up wasn't hiding anything from up above.
|1 year 14 weeks ago||This was happening the whole game||
Mattison was wearing the maize jacket the entire game, and the GA's were behind him with towels the entire game. I noticed it from section 1 from the first snap.
|1 year 24 weeks ago||They have them at M-Den||
Saw the "authentic" helmets at M-Den on State last week. They had sparkly maize paint, and I thought they looked cheap and very un-authentic. Who knew?
|1 year 24 weeks ago||Sometime over a beer...||
... But not in a blog. If you've ever been in a company taken over by a new outsider-CEO you'd understand. Not saying the change is good or bad, just significant.
|1 year 24 weeks ago||Actually, you're half right||
Bruce was moved to an honorary, "special" role since DB came to power. Great guy, great sense of humor, great wealth of knowledge, but not a great fit for the new culture DB installed. There will never be another Bruce Madej; he will be missed dearly.
|1 year 42 weeks ago||Ditto||
Sec 117. Row 16. Go Blue!
|2 years 21 weeks ago||Roundtree and Rawls not practicing with 1's||
...in warmups. What's up with that?
|3 years 3 weeks ago||Magical season||
These are the types of games we usually lose and blame the refs. All went our way today (except offense). Karma's back for the good guys!
|3 years 3 weeks ago||Setup for their kicker||
To finally choke