Some remarkably poignant and common sense ideas from a man I've never respected re: player compensation. Ideas include:
• Players should receive stipends of $3,000 to $5,000;
• The NCAA should cover eligible players' insurance premiums;
• Athletes should be able to accept loans up to $50,000 against future earnings;
• If a coach leaves an institution, players should be able to transfer from that program without having to sit out a season;
• Athletes should be allowed one round-trip flight home every year.
Soviet Union metaphor seems fitting. Insurance premiums and flight-home ideas in particular indicate that he's thought about it and seems to have kids' interests in mind. Is there more to this man than ruining programs and one-and-dones?