Amidst all the speculation about WHO Dave Brandon might or might not be interviewing soon, I’d like to focus on this: If you’re Brandon, *what* questions would you ask potential HC candidates in a sit-down interview?
Here’s a few I’ve come up with – what would you add?
1) Let’s say I offer you the job. You now have XX days to complete the 2011 recruiting class. How do you plan on retaining current commits and convincing other potential recruits to commit to Michigan in such a short time frame? What’s your “pitch” to them about your plans for the future of the program, and why they should come to Michigan during this transition to a new coach?
2) What will you say to the current players in your first meeting with the team? How will you convince those who might be unsure about staying at Michigan that they should remain Wolverines?
3) How quickly can you put together a coaching staff? Which members of your current staff would you ask to come to Ann Arbor, and how likely are they to accept?
4) What’s the one (or two or three) thing(s) you would do immediately to bring about substantial improvement in our on-field performance, particularly against our “benchmark” peers? (i.e., ND, msu, Iowa, Wisconsin, Penn St., Ohio St.)
5) How would you adjust your overall approach to take advantage of the specific players/talent currently on the team?
6) How do you plan on uniting a divided fan base? What’s the first thing you’ll say to them if you’re introduced as the new coach?