After a neutral-to-decent RNG night the day before, last night's RNG was slightly negative. The odds had us expecting 22.11 territories at the end of the night and we ended up with 20. Particularly painful was losing AA on 82% win odds and WMU on 90% odds. If you've been with us for the last few weeks, you've been able to see how this game fluctuates with its ups and downs from day to day.
Michigan (20) is currently in second place behind Florida (31) with Nebraska (19) making a final push to win. We urge you all to please remain active in this final week. This is the last week you have to make votes and to push towards a victory here. Participation is crucial if we are to end the final week on an upswing.
Announcement: Please don’t post your orders anywhere (mgoblog included). Other teams visit this blog in hopes of seeing what we will be doing, and it would be much better it if they were left in the dark. If you have a question about an assignment, try to ask it in general terms, instead of naming specific territories.
Steps To Play Every Day:
- Sign up for a reddit.com account if you don’t have one already
- Visit https://flair.redditcfb.com/ " go to “find by conference," click “FBS” then “Big 10” and finally “Michigan” to set yourself as a member of our team. Click “Update Flair” to set it.
- Visit https://michigancfbrisk.com/ and click “Get Order!”
- Click the blue chessboard beneath the logo that you’re meant to attack/defend to take you to the game.
- Scroll down, now, and on the right hand side of the screen, you will see the options that you can attack or defend. Click the school logo that you were assigned to.
Do not ever attack any territory that is owned by one of our allies unless specifically told to do so in your orders. Our allies are Clemson, Florida, Georgia Tech, and Texas. If you get an order to attack an ally owned territory then it means we are coordinating with them, so it is acceptable. Otherwise, do not attack allied territories or defend territories that allies border please!
Make sure you aren't flagged as a bot
One potential issue with the influx of new users we had is that some players may have been flagged as a bot and therefore their actions may not be counting. If you are flagged as a bot you will see the image below on vote.redditcfb.com
If you are seeing this message that asks you to contact the game mods, follow the instructions below, otherwise you can ignore this.
1. Follow the link shown in the screenshot above and fill out the google form
2. Wait at least one day for the text box to disappear. If it does disappear, you are all set.
3. If the bot disclaimer message persists after one day, then message the mods of /r/cfbrisk directly. You can follow the link in step 4 below to do this in one easy click.
5. Be patient as the mods of the game are busy and they are putting a lot of effort into running this thing.