December 7th, 2010 at 1:48 PM ^

Thank the football gods.  If I had to listen to Matt Millen again this season my head would explode.  He should be banned for life from the entire sport of football


December 7th, 2010 at 2:11 PM ^

That is a very bold claim. I dislike Craig James as much as the next guy, but Pam Ward, Jon Gruden and Bill Walton is enough to incite a mass suicide before the game even starts.

You are talking about three god awful announcers together as one. I can't even imagine what would happen.

JG: "This Denard Robinson kid is the best to ever grace a football field. He is just a gamer! But so is this MSU QB, he can just play!"

PW: Unintelligible garble.

BW: This Denard character can really run, but he's got nothing on my son Luke. Luke would have rushed for 300 yards!

JG: Yeah, Bill, your son was a gamer!

PW: Derp.

BW: Man, Luke would've won this game himself!



December 7th, 2010 at 10:25 PM ^

Millen was considered to be one of the best announcers prior to being hired as GM of the Lions.

So either he got worse during the intervening years, or people 'round these parts just hold a grudge because of the shitty job he did as GM.

I'm guessing it's the latter.

Blue Bunny Friday

December 7th, 2010 at 4:04 PM ^

He had to press his luck with a few of those spins he aquired, but he managed even though he only knew the one pattern.

He then blew most of his money in a Florida real estate scam. He was left with like $40k. A local radio station had a competition for getting bills with consecutive serial numbers. So he withdrew all this from a bank in $1 bills. Apparently it took him days to go through it all, laying them all over the house and attracting some attention. He left for a Christmas party and someone stole all of it.

This I didn't know:

Shortly thereafter, Larson got involved with an illegal scheme to sell part of a nationwide lottery. As a result, Larson went on the run, leaving Ohio. His family was contacted by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the Internal Revenue Service, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, but none knew his whereabouts.[1]

Larson died of throat cancer on February 16, 1999, in Apopka, Florida. Only after his death did his family find out where he had been living