So this might be a good time to start gathering constructive comments about the new site. I get the feeling that transferring an entire blog from one platform to another is difficult, in the same way referring is difficult - We all want to complain but we'd be a lot less whiny if we were the ones tasked to do it and we had some experience doing so. Also remember that undoubtedly there has been a significant drop in user traffic this week and I'm sure Brian isn't digging that one bit since its no guarantee that it'll all come back.
I'm about as computer savvy as my cattle and my comments here will reflect that. You coding and computer whizzes should wade in with suggestions and comments though. This might be better as a diary, or mod deleted, or me sent to Bolivia, but in the spirit of constructive commentary lets see what we can put together for the computer crew:
1. For OP's, an Edit function would be helpful. Also think the old visible up vote/down vote for OPs would be good to come back. Lastly, how about any avatar picture for the posting OP.
2. For regular posts, Edit function and the old style up/down vote where both totals showed, not just a 'net' total.
3. Some form of easily visible notation of 'new' posts in any one thread. Makes for much quicker processing of lots of info, convenient when scrolling, etc.
4. Along the same lines, can we get a 'track' function back?
5. If you are on a user's posting history and you want to see where a specific comment is in a thread, when you click on that comment it takes you the top of the thread, not the comment itself.
6. What are the differences with the yellow lines or brackets in replies to OP's, and the dark ones? There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to them but I'm slow, so maybe there is one and I've missed it.
7. The banner pictures are: Robo-Chase + blind Trekkie + Tron with a hockey helmet. How about swapping those out for one of a million more inspiring possibilities of past or present players, the Big House, celebrations, campus pictures, muppets, or just about anything else?
Blaze away with hot takes. I've tried to be gentle about it b/c it would not be surprising if behind the scenes there is crying and wailing and gnashing of teeth, and I don't want to make it worse.
Hope you are all having a great summer weekend.