- Member for
- 7 years 18 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|8 weeks 4 days ago||Good point.||
|8 weeks 4 days ago||Cousins or Rivers? Really torn.||
Cousins or Rivers? Really torn.
|48 weeks 3 days ago||Just placed a bet on over 82 wins in Vegas. Hope it cashes.||
Just placed a bet on over 82 wins in Vegas. Hope it cashes.
|49 weeks 5 days ago||Yeah...||
I was wondering where that came from. In the Bracket Matrix, Tulsa is the first team out. We need them to lose and then just have Memphis lose later on.
Agree on rooting against the Bonnies, though.
|1 year 8 weeks ago||I've heard whispers that it's||
I've heard whispers that it's Blake O'Neill with an ACL but don't know if those whispers are true. Hope not.
|1 year 22 weeks ago||Not sure what's going on here, but...||
I laughed at this post much more than I should've.
|1 year 31 weeks ago||Tough call||
My answer would be one of the following contenders:
- 2006 @ OSU - realizing the magnitude of what had just happened hit me like a ton of bricks.
- 2001 @ MSU - Spartan Bob. TJ Duckett. Enough said.
- 1994 vs. Colorado. 7-year-old me was at the game, and he was not a happy camper.
- The Horror.
- 2008 vs. Toledo - The game where it truly hit me that things would be different now. Harsh realization when you're in your senior year at M.
|1 year 38 weeks ago||Uhh||
So you give an undefined number of fucks. Gotcha.
|1 year 39 weeks ago||Willamette Valley wine is||
Willamette Valley wine is underrated. I was just at Four Graces last month.
|1 year 39 weeks ago||Auburn, so we can get back at||
Auburn, so we can get back at them for whining about the satellite camps 10 years after the fact.
|1 year 39 weeks ago||Block M||
|1 year 40 weeks ago||Ladies and Gentlemen||
"Laaadies and gentlemen, preeeesenting the two-hundred thirty-five member Michigan Marching Band. Baaaaand take the field!"
|1 year 47 weeks ago||Lavert||
What does he think about the odds of Lavert coming back?
|1 year 47 weeks ago||MGoIdea||
OK, Brian. Can we please just have an embedded section on the main page that just automatically posts Harbaugh tweets and allows people to comment?
1. They're always fantastic.
2. Each one always causes at least a couple threads on the board as it is.
I'll hang up and listen.
|1 year 47 weeks ago||Adidas yellow||
Call me crazy, but I think the Adidas yellow looks better even though I absolutely want Nike back from a design/apparel perspective.
|1 year 48 weeks ago||My list||
1. Trey Burke
|1 year 49 weeks ago||Update||
Per Nick Baumgardner's twitter, Glasgow's attorney stated that Glasgow's probation was extended for six months after he admitted to the violation in court today.
|1 year 50 weeks ago||Timbers||
I'll be going to Timbers v RSL Saturday night. Portland has the best atmosphere in the MLS by far. Hoping the Timbers can hang w some of these teams who have been given the big name players from Europe this year.
|2 years 3 weeks ago||End of 1st half||
Belichick flubbed the end of the first half too. Isn't the best decision to have all your defenders purposely tackle/hold the receivers on the play with 6 seconds left? If that happens, SEA gets one more play with 1 second left and will undoubtedly take the field goal.
|2 years 6 weeks ago||PDX||
Go blue, me too.
|2 years 50 weeks ago||Who hates the Fab 5?||
I honestly don't think I know a Michigan fan who does not like/love the Fab 5.
|3 years 47 weeks ago||maize?||
Since we are the lower seeded team, does that mean we will be wearing maize again tomorrow? I hope so.
|4 years 2 weeks ago||I love Mgoblog,||
but the majority of you have to stop getting your panties in a bunch. The only difference between these jerseys and our normal maize ones (which are amazing btw) is that the Michigan and number are not filled in with blue. Is that really the end of the world?
Stauskas and a couple other players have already voiced their opinion on the shoes, calling them "cold" (that means he approves of them). If the players like them and are excited to wear them, what's the big deal? Beat Ohio!
|4 years 3 weeks ago||If I'm not mistaken...||
they actually do mandate that the numbers are different/stand out from the jersey in the NCAA Rulebook. I don't have the direct citation in front of me, but technically all teams that wear this type of uniform would be in violation of this rule and the opposing team should be granted 2 technical free throws before the beginning of the game. No ref has granted these free throws this season, but it is in the rule book. But we all know how good the NCAA is at rule enforcement...
|4 years 4 weeks ago||psh||
already won it earlier this year in NYC!
|4 years 5 weeks ago||Same division||
Michigan and Ohio MUST be in the same division.
1. by being in separate divisions, it becomes a competitive disadvantage for both M and Ohio because we would still have a protected crossover game every year, where others in our division would have protected crossovers against crap teams, making our strength of schedule more difficult year in and year out.
2. the obvious possibility of back-to-back games which has been discussed.
3. it makes the rivalry mean so much more.
4. It works because if MSU is not in our division, they could still be our protected rivalry game. The only rivalry game we could lose out on every year would be the Little Brown Jug -- does anyone care THAT much?
Proposed divisions (the same as umbig11 proposed above actually now that I look at it):
East : Michigan, Ohio, Penn St., Rutgers, Maryland, Indiana, Purdue
West: Michigan St., Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Northwestern, Illinois
The reasons why I like the division matchups and think they are good for the conference are as follows:
1. It allows the major programs, Michigan and Ohio, to get yearly access to huge markets and alumni bases in NYC and DC, which is good for the BTN's prospects and the many thousands of fans of either school on the east coast. (while also keeping Penn State in the mix in the east -- something they really want.)
2. it protects all the rivalries in the Big Ten, when considering protected crossovers as well.
3. The competitive balance is still there. The East has 3 traditionally great programs, and the West would be anyone's division on a yearly basis.
|4 years 5 weeks ago||this team.||
This team, man. This is the kind of game that wins Big Ten championships. Going on the road and winning at Minnesota when they don't come to Crisler this year = HUGE.
I just posbanged the shit out of everyone, hope you enjoyed.
|4 years 5 weeks ago||almost..||
I agreed with everything you said until "I would not have been surprised if they had won the game and not ended up being number 1."
The only undefeated team in the nation coming back from a 24-point deficit to win on the road against a top team in the Big Ten. There is no chance in hell we wouldn't have been ranked #1. Every team goes through rough patches throughout the season, and I am proud with how this team bounced back, on the road, and gave Ohio everything they could handle. I do agree that this loss will be a wonderful learning experience for this team, and knowing Beilein, it will help them improve in the future.
|4 years 5 weeks ago||Fair||
I think this is fair considering how the (meaningless) polls work in college basketball. I am not losing any sleep over being ranked #5. All we have to do is take care of business and everything will work out in the end. What truly matters is getting that #1 or #2 seed in the tourney, and I think we are in a very good position to accomplish that goal.
Thursday's game is going to be just as difficult as yesterday's was. This is the Big Ten. Beat the Gophers.
|4 years 7 weeks ago||no||
the way you have it set up, the North division is the Division of Death. Who headlines the south division? Nebraska and a sanctions-destroyed PSU? No thanks.