mesmerism! presidential assassinations! circuses on fire!
- Member for
- 4 years 42 weeks
- View recent blog entries
- 1979: Wrangler to Carter beats Indiana my freshman year
- 1982: SF beats Cincinnati in Super Bowl XVI at the Silver Dome. Epic goal line stand by SF in the 3rd quarter to keep Cincinati out of the end zone on 1st and goal at the 3. The start of the Bill Walsh led 49ers dynasty.
- 2002: OSU & Maurice Clarett holds offf UM 14-9 at The Shoe. My first football game at OSU - I survived (barely). Despite UM losing (and OSU going onto to take the national championship), it was a classic UM/OSU game that was decided on the game's final drive.
- 2000: Friday at the PGA Championship at Valhalla Golf Club in Louisville KY. Followed the group of Tiger (in his prime) + Jack + Vijay Singh on a 103 degree day.
- 2008: Sunday at the Ryder Cup at Valhalla GC. The USA's only victory since 1999.
- Arrive 2+ hours before kickoff
- Use the public parking garage by Nickels Arcarde, 324 Maynard Street, $8-10/all day
- Walk thru Nickels Arcade for a 1 hour pre-game beer(s) at Ashleys, voted one of the Top 100 Beer Bars in America
- 1 hour before kickoff, walk thru campus down State St and follow the crowds on Hoover to the Stadium. 20-25 minute walk, 1+ miles. The walk will keep you wam and it's a great way to take in the crowds, pre-game festivities and campus.
|2 weeks 6 days ago||Heading down to Reds Opening Day...||
....this afternoon. Pirates @ Reds, First Pitch at 4:10. Cincinnati used to be THE Opening Day event for MLB and is practically a local holiday. They have a pre-game parade that goes thru town that has a decidely All American small town feel. Should be a fun, beer-filled day.
|7 weeks 5 days ago||Second that...||
.....along with a fine selection of beers and cocktails
|9 weeks 4 days ago||Great Topic....||
...in no particular order:
|13 weeks 2 days ago||My first Friday Posbang post....||
....Tighty Whitey Style!!
|13 weeks 4 days ago||Gotta admit the Home Unis also look great.....||
....with the classic white socks:
|13 weeks 4 days ago||How about we go full-on Classic Old School..||
...and bring back plain white socks ala Alabama and PSU:
|14 weeks 1 day ago||You can't drink all day....||
....if you don't start in the morning
|15 weeks 1 day ago||Rhinegeist Truth IPA||
|15 weeks 2 days ago||Sports Illustrated Cover Jinx||
|15 weeks 2 days ago||Jack Daniels & Vernors||
...and 100 Points!!!
|15 weeks 3 days ago||well played....||
|15 weeks 4 days ago||Agree...||
...I've lived in Cincinnati for 19 years (yikes!), and there's plenty of unnatural Buckeye love going on in the area. Our inner circle of neighborhood friends (~15 couples), almost all born and raised in Cincinnati, are ALL Buckeye Football fans. Curiously, maybe 1/3 actually attended OSU, with the rest going to schools like Dayton, Ohio U and Miami (NTM). All colleges with football teams, yet they are all diehard, Walmart Buckeyes. Attending last week's neighborhood Alabama/OSU party was insufferable. My only saving grace was a palpable curiosity and concern from everyone over HARBAUGH!!
|18 weeks 2 days ago||Tito's, highly recommended...||
....reasonably priced, award-winning and Made in America (Austin, TX)
|18 weeks 2 days ago||Tito's...||
...Dirty Martini w/Blue Cheese Olives
|22 weeks 1 day ago||Agreed...||
....UM v OSU should consider color-on-color games with their standard uniforms
|22 weeks 3 days ago||Third this.....||
...decidedly off the Bourbon/Canal Street beaten path, but an easy street car ride to the end of the St Charles line. Great NO-style food at reasonable prices, a deep selection of regional craft beers, and a friendly, enthusiastic and well-educated football crowd.
|22 weeks 4 days ago||Another take on parking and pre-game||
|28 weeks 2 days ago||Bulleit Frontier Whiskey....||
.....Manhattan - Hello Old Friend
|30 weeks 6 days ago||Surreal Stadium Picture.....||
....once play resumed followig the rain delay - supplying the Cherry on top of Saturday's Turd Sundae.
|34 weeks 4 days ago||Agreed...||
....also the M is trending closer to traditional Maize vs neon adidas Sun
|36 weeks 2 days ago||Indeed....||
Bulleit Frontier Whiskey with a couple cubes - outstanding. Ran out of Sweet Vermouth for my go-to Manhattan, but really enjoying some top shelf KY bourbon in its pure form.
|47 weeks 4 days ago||Recent First Pitch Fails||
Baba Booey (nee Gary Dell'abate)/Howard Stern:
Mark Mallory/Cincinnati Mayor:
|1 year 3 weeks ago||Couldn't agree more....||
....I really wanted to like adidas, but between the cut/quality of the uniforms, their intepretation of Maize (aka adidas Sun, nee highlighter yellow) and their cookie-cutter approach with our basketball unis, I'm ready to move back to Nike.
Our current basketball uniforms = Wisconsin = NC State = Nebraska, only with different colors + jersey school name/mascot.
|1 year 14 weeks ago||Much Appreciated||
Sounds like I need to head over to Mason Whole Foods for lunch on Monday.....
|1 year 14 weeks ago||Where in Cincy?||
What Pubs/Retail Outlets in Cincy carry Hopslam?
|1 year 22 weeks ago||M has to go back to White Socks!||
Watching last weekend's Tiebreaker and remembering how great our unis loooked with the black shoes and white socks makes me wish for UM to resurrect this traditional, classic look. Like most everyone on the blog, I will always maintain that UM Football has the best uniforms on the planet regardless of sport, but I'm not a big fan of the blue socks/black shoes. Alabama, PSU and USC still sport the white socks which fully preserves all components of their traditional uniform and distinquishes them from everyone else.
|1 year 38 weeks ago||Zing Zang = best Bloddy Mary Mix on the market||
An excellent take on a morning tailgate requirement. I trend towards Tito's Vodka (great taste, resonably priced and American-made) + plenty of horsradish (that's where you get your heat/spice, NOT from a hot sauce) + a liberal amount of Worcestershire + garnish of your choice (I like pickled green beans and olives).
|1 year 39 weeks ago||Jack Daniels & Vernors||
....a much improved twist on a Jack & Ginger
|1 year 44 weeks ago||Variation on #1....||
1. Why do dogs lick their balls? Because they can't make a fist.
|1 year 44 weeks ago||These Two....||
1. An old man walks into a pub in Scottland, his feet shuffling, his back bent. He drags himself onto a stool and orders a beer. Placing the full glass in front of him, the bartender inquires upon his sad face.
2. There were these two guys having lunch one day when the first guy says to the second one, "Have you ever made a Freudian Slip during a mundane conversation?"
"What's a Freudian Slip?" asks the second one.
"Have you ever said one thing subconsciously to someone when you meant to say something else?"
"I'm still not clear." replies the second one.
"Well last week I was at the airport in Philly and I wanted to come back here to Pittsburgh and the women at the counter had these enormous breasts so instead of asking for two tickets to Pittsburgh, I asked for two pickets to Tittsburgh."
"I now I know what you mean.", says the second guy. "Why just this morning I was having breakfast with my wife. Instead of asking 'Honey, please pass the sugar' I said, 'YOU FUCKING BITCH, YOU'RE RUINING MY LIFE!!'"