This list is completely arbitrary and not a genuine analysis of the relative merits of state fossils.
Exit Jerald Robinson
this was not a catch
Well, it finally happened: Jerald Robinson has left the team after two years of practice hype did not translate into playing time. Michigan returns Drew Dileo and Jeremy Gallon, but in non-short-guy receivers the only returning experience is Jeremy Jackson. Darboh, Chesson, and whichever freshmen come in will have to pick it up fast.
Robinson is now the 15th member of the 27-strong 2010 class to exit. The departed:
- Conelius Jones (never showed up, academics)
- Carvin Johnson (played a bit, but transferred midway through Hoke year one)
- Cullen Christian (torched as a freshman, followed Tony Gibson to Pitt)
- Demar Dorsey (academics)
- Terrence Talbott (left team before fall for mysterious reasons)
- Ray Vinopal (same as Christian)
- Terry Talbott (injury)
- Antonio Kinard (never showed up, academics)
- Davion Rogers (never showed up, academics)
- Christian Pace (injury)
- Stephen Hopkins (moved to FB, injured a bit, quit football)
- Austin White (booted off team almost before showing up)
- Ricardo Miller (gave up football after not finding PT)
- Jerald Robinson (presumed transfer after not finding PT)
- DJ Williamson (didn't like football, quit)
What a disaster. Jackson and Dileo are the only WRs left from the five Michigan brought in; Michigan has no other offensive recruits left from that class other than Devin Gardner. There's not much on defense, either: Jibreel Black, Courtney Avery, and Jake Ryan are the only contributors. You are permitted to go poke your Rodriguez voodoo dolls now.
As for the future: Michigan now has a full 25 spots in the current class without anyone else leaving. Lewan is headed to the draft and Michigan's sudden urgency to recruit an additional linebacker or two probably indicates attrition is on its way there, so expect this class to bulge up to 27-28 when all is said and done. Sam Webb suggested on the radio today that Michigan could take up to seven more players from their current total of 21/22, give or take the longsnapper.
I'd expect Green/Dawson/some LB/Delano Hill as four of them, with randoms making up the remainder.