Back in summer months, there were several front page articles and posts about site redesign. A local firm, whose name I forget, was actually going to do things the right way. (I tried the site search, to see if my questions were actually answered, but get back a 404 error message.) Then, apparently soon before the season actually began, we were told that it was going to be harder and take longer than expected. And that we shouldn't expect anything until after the season was over. Well, the season is over, so I'm curious what's going to happen.
I am not posting to complain:
- Mgoblog is free, so why complain
- Complaints and whining causes downvotes and sometimes outright bans
- And complaining doesn't really seem to work at changing anything.
Still, I'd like to know what's happening. I assume some changes have happened.
- I haven't seen the whole system crash this Fall, so either the server is better, or the software, or I just haven't been around to witness the crashes
- I see you can page down the forum, at least today. Which should make it easier to avoid starting new posts when the same topic was posted yesterday
Here are several questions and suggestions:
- Explain what is happening with the server or servers or handling of traffic
- Explain the software changes
- Lay out the current projected timeline for things to happen (now? Feb. 29? Never?)
- Show us what features and capability will be added
- Tell us what in the current site will be abandoned / killed
- Tell us about general site design, navigation.
I still am addicted to mgoblog. I'm thankful, as this is my personal retreat from reality. While I'd like to see things "new and improved," I continue to (mostly) be happy with the site.