“He was on the other side of the court, screaming: ‘Good shot, Kev!’” Durant said, shaking his head in delight. “I’m thinking, this guy’s an All-American type of teammate right there.”
- Member for
- 5 years 32 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|7 weeks 20 hours ago||i think youve got way too||
i think youve got way too much confidence in braden, considering he hasn't played even a single snap of competitive college ball. i know other players and spectators have talked up his impressive combination of size and athleticism, but that doesnt mean much unless he can put it all together. and the fact that he couldnt see the field last yr makes me somewhat skeptical of his game readiness.
I think jack miller is the dark horse here. i have a feeling that miller outperforms braden in the opening game, and braden gets replaced at RT by glasgow after week 1.
|12 weeks 2 days ago||This is some very solid||
This is some very solid coverage and most appreciated. of the guys you have on the outside looking in, i think pelosi, gil, zelalem, packwood, and cropper are the most likely to make the 23.
- Zelalem - i expect klinsmann's recruiting pitch to zelalem will include a julian green-type promise (pure speculation here) that he will be on the 23 man roster.
- Gil - hes been a force on the youth-national teams. he seems like the type of offensive engine that we were hoping bradley would be at CAM
- Pelosi - he is on the fringes of liverpool's top club. they have a strong developmental program and view him as one of their top young prospects. if he is able to break through with liverpool or get loaned out to another top club, i dont see how he gets left off.
- Packwood - I think klinsmann looks to develop some youth at CB, as besler and cameron will likely both be done by 2022.
- Cropper - id put my money on cropper being the next starter after guzan retires. that being the case, I think he makes the roster as a third goalie (with hamid making it if howard retires)
O'neil/Stanko - I think we bring 4 wingers and only 3 CDMs. Complete toss-up as to which gets left off.
Of the guys currently in your 23, its tough to say who doesn't go, but here is my guess.
- Dempsey - he doesn't have the type of style that requires great speed, which suggests he could play for a while. But I think Klinsmann looks for more athleticism and youth here. he is clearly not afraid to make unpopular cuts to his roster, although it is entirely possible that dempsey retires by the second half of the cycle.
- Diskerud - he looked like a solid playmaker in the pre-world cup games, and would have been a good offensive spark off the bench (either at CAM or on the wing). but his not seeing the field during this world cup makes me think hes not a favorite of klinsmann. hes not very quick or strong and i think there are younger options here with more physical ability.
- Geoff Cameron - I thought cameron played well during this WC. and hed be a solid, versatile, veteran for the 2018 team. but with both besler and cameron likely done after 2018, I think klinsmann will look to develop one of the younger players.
- Hamid/Howard - As I said above, I think cropper is the starter of the future. some have suggested he even has howard-type potential. i think he is the goalie 3 regardless of who is the second keeper.
Here is what it would look like:
Goalie: Guzan, Hamid/Howard, Cropper
Central D: Besler, Brooks, Packwood
Outside back: Johnson, Yedlin, Farrell, Klute
Defensive mid: Bradley, Trapp, O'Neill/Stanko
Wing: Green, Gatt, Gyau, Pelosi
Attacking mid: Nagbe, Zelalem, Gil
Striker: Altidore, Boyd, Agudelo
|25 weeks 5 hours ago||I think this tracking||
I think this tracking attendance idea would work and shouldnt be that difficult. In my opinion, they should just use an "opt-in" type system. You pay a fixed amount prior to the season that gives you the right to opt-in to home games (for no additional fee) during the week leading up to the game. This would be essentially be the same thing as paying for season tickets. You then have the ability to "claim" your ticket online up until some cut-off period before each game. For example, maybe you have until 12:00am the night before the game.
If you don't claim the ticket by then, you cannot attend (no refund). Any unclaimed tickets would then be assigned the upper-most seats in the student section (these seats wouldn't be general admission) and can then be resold by the university the morning of the game.
There would also be some penalty for claiming your ticket but failing to actually show up. For instance, if you claim your ticket and don't show up on two separate occasions, you lose your right to claim tickets for the rest of the season.
In my opinion this is an easy way to ensure that at least somebody will be using the tickets. this doesn't promote student-specific attendence directly, but you can reasonably envision such secondary effects:
the upper-tier seats in the student section are given away --> the students are more condensed in the remainder of the student section --> better atmosphere in the student section --> more students want to attend the game
|33 weeks 5 days ago||I really think the whole "he||
I really think the whole "he doesnt really want to be here so we don't want him here" attitude is way off base. Just because he prefers another school doesn't mean he would only come to UM kicking and screaming. it doesn't mean he wont come to enjoy ann arbor or that he won't work his ass off on the football field. Guess what... my first choice when applying to schools was not Michigan. But its the best school I got into, and I've been a diehard fan ever since.
|41 weeks 6 days ago||(No subject)||
|42 weeks 4 days ago||60% of the time they stay||
60% of the time they stay committed everytime
|1 year 14 weeks ago||youve got it right. the car||
youve got it right. the car is capable of speeds in the 100s but will be using up battery power. i believe the car can travel in the 60s without using any battery energy
|1 year 18 weeks ago||i'm afraid to ask what||
i'm afraid to ask what happened to the first two dr. hamlets
|1 year 25 weeks ago||or bielfeldted up...wait i||
or bielfeldt up...wait i don't think i did it right
|1 year 25 weeks ago||BAD MOVE!!! the comparisons||
BAD MOVE!!! the comparisons to clay mathews (which were based on the hair and nothing else) were artificially inflating his draft stock. without the hair, hes just another guy. /s
|1 year 28 weeks ago||So essentially what you are||
So essentially what you are saying is that the only statistical similarities between oladipo and hardaway are scoring and assists. Let's take a closer look at things, shall we...
Oladipo gets 1.5 more rebounds than hardaway. Take into consideration that oladipo played 7 fewer minutes per game, that Hardaway is on a team with very few good rebounders, and that these are both guards. All of a sudden, 1.5 rebounds looks like a lot.
You also didn't mention the fact that over 41% (80 / 193) of oladipo's rebounds were on the offensive end. For comparison, just over 4% of hardaway's boards were offensive (6 / 142)
also those shooting percentages, which you so casually dimissed, are pretty damn signifiant. hardaway's numbers are nothing to sneeze at, but 61% shooting percentage for a wing player is extremely efficient.
finally, those steal numbers say a lot, but perhaps not enough, about the defensive abilities of the two players. oladipo is probably one of the top two on-ball defenders in the big10 (along with craft). Not sure if you saw the trouble he gave burke. but he's also able to defend wing players (like hardaway). On the other hand, hardaway (like burke) is a below average defender.
im not saying that burke doesn't deserve to be POY, but to say that oladipo shouldnt be in the conversation, or that hardaway is even close to as valuable as oladipo, is just silly talk.
|1 year 28 weeks ago||This is actually pretty||
This is actually pretty interesting. that looks like a lot of talent competing for the RG spot. It seemed like the general concensus was Kalis at LG with braden, bosch, and bryant all competing for RG. Wonder if that means the staff is really that impressed with Braden.
There were also a number of people speculating that Morgan would move over to MLB, with Ross at WLB. If true, this would make Bolden the starter in the middle.
|1 year 30 weeks ago||to be fair I think ricardo||
to be fair I think ricardo miller predated shane morris in this position
|1 year 36 weeks ago||Not sure what you're talking||
Not sure what you're talking about? He's totally gonna be part of our transfer class of 2014 (ed: see the rumors are already multiplying)
|1 year 36 weeks ago||Not sure what you're talking||
Not sure what you're talking about? He's totally gonna be part of our transfer class of 2014
|1 year 41 weeks ago||Obviously there is still||
Obviously there is still hope. But if things don't work out, and your daughter is deadset on michigan, keep in mind the possibility of tranferring in. My suggestion--again, if she doesn't get in directly--would be to contact the admissions office. Ask them what schools they typically accept transfers from and what types of courses are likely to transfer over.
This is a very real option that too few students take advantage of. If she does well in her first few semesters at another school, there is a very real chance that Michigan would accept her. She would only lose one year at michigan. And future employers will only care about where she graduated from, not the school she went to for her freshman year.