I thought that myself when I read that article that talked about a Data Scientist(tm)
- Member for
- 5 years 22 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|19 hours 19 min ago||Frat fires||
Was the old SAM house at the corner of Hill and State, where Weill Hall currently sits? The house history page is currently offline. If so, knowing the property-hoarding ways of the University, it wouldn't surprise me if there was pressure on the national organization to just let it go. Of course, not helping the chapter find a new house elsewhere, that's a different story. But really, how many properties near campus would be suitable for that use and available?
|19 hours 33 min ago||^ What he said||
Fuck Scent of a Woman. Go watch Full Metal Jacket. Or The Purge. (wait...never mind.)
I once cost my 4th grade class a recess because I put non-flushable paper towels in the toilet and didn't fess up to it. Boy were my 30-something classmates pissed.
If these frats want to get back on the right side of history, they can start by identifying the culprits.
|22 hours 25 min ago||What are the meaningful||
What are the meaningful consequences of the national organization suspending the house? Obviously it doesn't mean the students can't continue living there. So they can't hold parties or official functions? I fail to grasp the ramifications of this "punishment." Someone help me?
Sent from MGoBlog HD for iPhone & iPad
|2 weeks 1 day ago||Form*||
Sent from MGoBlog HD for iPhone & iPad
|2 weeks 5 days ago||Late to the party||
I love IBD-bangs.
|3 weeks 1 day ago||Obligatory||
"Not just a (great) shooter."
(No really, he actually said it at 2:00.)
|3 weeks 1 day ago||I don't think anyone forgets that||
It's about the only reason he got the job.
|3 weeks 1 day ago||Begrudgingly, indeed||
And it's been suggested he may have survived the incident (with his job) had Bo been in town to help mitigate the fallout.
I miss Mo. Glad to see him at the presser.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||Boo This Man dot gif||
Or IBD. Take your pick.
|3 weeks 4 days ago||A few comments||
I'll enter this high in the thread, but it applies to all responses that referred me out-of-hand to the podcast.
1. I missed the podcast. I didn't see the post in all the post-Harbaugh hiring frenzy, and I probably wouldn't have listened, anyway; just don't have an hour to commit to weekly podcasts. Hell, even Sethopogon admitted further down he hasn't listened to it, and he works here. Mea culpa. However, to ensure I didn't miss anything, I listened this afternoon.
2. I don't find anything that Brian said in the podcast to diverge from what he covered in recent Searchbits. Which is to say, there's nothing new in the podcast. It's just a different way of presenting what he knows (or thinks he knows or was told by sources). Along with his opinions about it. Which is good listening for most of us.
3. The OP concerned official "word" from a source involved with the search, not more speculation (retrospective or not). Granted, Brian said in the podcast that he has "solid intel" that Mullen was Plan B, and that he would've come if Harbaugh had declined. If true, this is comforting. It's also comforting that what we thought was happening was really happening, and that common sense was finally employed in a U-M coaching search. But Brian goes on to note that he's collating information on message boards and like, assigning his own confidence level, and trying to separate the crap from the real (for the good of his readers). While many of us have confidence in Brian's assessment/sources/intel and appreciate the work he does, he's not directly involved with the search. This was the entire purpose of the OP; to compare the "real story" to what we think we know.
4. I doubt the search firm only called Mullen. We have a good idea they called Cutcliffe. And if they called Cutcliffe, I hope to God they called Stoops. Maybe I just want the satisfaction of knowing Coaches X, Y, and Z were interested, if the job had fallen to them. I'm still a bit traumatized by 2007. Getting turned down my Schiano is like that scene in Can't Buy Me Love where the orca-fat chick tells Ronald that he could've had her for $49.95. I like to think the Michigan HC job is still a big score.
5. No, the internal workings of the search don't change anything going forward. We have our #1 man, and I'm thrilled. I was jumping up and down in my living room during the press conference. I didn't present the OP because I plan to compare Harbaugh to Plan B in the future. I'm simply allowed to be curious about how it all went down (when Hackett knew Harbaugh was coming, how assured we were, if there was any chance he'd bone us after waiting a month, how serious our Plan B was, etc.), as I'm sure many others are.
In the end, it's very comforting that common sense was finally used in a U-M coaching search. I can be satisfied with that.
|3 weeks 4 days ago||Read to the end of the OP||
There's a paragraph in there -- in parentheses -- aimed specifically at you (and Ira).
Don't care? Don't click, don't read, don't respond. Easy peasy.
|3 weeks 4 days ago||Funny you should say that||
I originally included reference to a future JUB "tell-all" insider book on the search. But I ultimately left it out.
|4 weeks 15 hours ago||Nice things||
We can haz them.
|4 weeks 15 hours ago||Harbaugh||
...was also ibd.
|4 weeks 20 hours ago||Wow||
Ablauf sounds every bit the weenie that his snippy e-mails convey.
Why couldn't Hackett open the presser?
|4 weeks 22 hours ago||Please, please, please||
Eliminate the "J. Ira and Nicki Harris Family Head Football Coach" title.
No disrespect at all to Mr. and Mrs. Harris, or their significant contribution. But that's just...so many words fit here, but "Brandon" is probably the most fitting.
|4 weeks 22 hours ago||Beta Dog||
Like Brian said after Hoke's apology, the proper response in that situation is always FUCK YO COUCH.
|4 weeks 23 hours ago||Agree||
If college QBs are like lottery tickets, why wouldn't you want as many opportunities to scratch-and-win as you can get? I'm not saying you take five QBs in a class, but two is hardly unreasonable. It's not disrespectful to Malzone, or even a knock on him. If he (or Morris or Speight) turns out to be the guy, Harbaugh will recognize it and use him.
I think it would be natural for Harbaugh to evaluate the current roster and kick the tires on some elite QB recruits to start molding the team to his vision. I mean, why would he not? Dude is a rock star, riding a wave of mass hype. According to yesterday's recruiting post, recruits and decommits are big on this hire. Why not (try to) strike while the iron's hot?
|4 weeks 23 hours ago||Posted from iPhone - bug?||
I found it odd that I couldn't edit my own post, as there had been no responses (on the web). Checking the mobile app, I see Grove City has responded to this post, which is again visible only on the mobile app. Is there a site bug here?
|4 weeks 1 day ago||Yes||
Someone made a comment about Mo's firing, which I agreed with. Why it was deleted, I don't know. Sure makes my post look kinda nonsensical.
EDIT: All posts are still visible on the iPhone app (from which I posted). The original post about Mo was by Grove City Wolverine at 6:44a. I don't know why his/her original post (and the response to me) aren't showing on the web.
|4 weeks 1 day ago||Mo||
I, too, feel Mo's dismissal was a watershed moment for the program (as suggested by the sig...), but The Game weekend 2006 was arguably bigger.
|4 weeks 6 days ago||Deck the halls!||
With (Har)baughs of horry.
|5 weeks 1 day ago||Hm||
Will he wear a headset?
|5 weeks 3 days ago||Oh relax||
It was a dig at Cowherd, not you.
|5 weeks 3 days ago||Adversity||
I'm not necessarily talking about adversity with winning. I don't believe he's a quitter. I'm more talking about relationships and all the things that go along with college football (that he may or may not care for). There's an indication he may rub people the wrong way.
|5 weeks 3 days ago||*** ********||
|5 weeks 4 days ago||Cosign||
Not blasphemy. Maybe not popular in here, but not blasphemy.
|5 weeks 4 days ago||Heart not in it?||
Am I the only one who has a problem with this?
IF this is truly how he feels (yes, I realize we need to consider the sources)...
IF his heart is truly in the NFL...
IF he's truly interested in seeing what NFL opportunities come available before giving U-M an answer...
Why do so many people consider him to be the savior?
I can see this having a very bad outcome, with a "savior" coach who later on down line faces adversity and says, well, I never really wanted this job, anyway.
Neg me if you want, but I'm wary.
|6 weeks 4 days ago||Nobody knows nothin'||
Well, except for Gil Brandt.
|6 weeks 4 days ago||Even better||
...goat cheese curds.
And he would only need to go as far north as the Tipsy Cow in Madison!