[Update 7/17: New promo game for MLB (for tomorrow's games). Also, the way we're getting the copies to you is Larry sends me a chunk of emails a few times a day and I handle them all at once. The last group was from 6pm last night so if you've done the deal since then the book's on its way.]
Longtime readers should by now be quite familiar with our longstanding relationship with fantasy partner, Draftstreet. This week Larry called me to let me know they're merging with the other big fantasy site, Draft Kings. We've been playing and promoting Draftstreet's games for awhile because we like the guys—like us their whole business outlook is to put all of their thought and effort into the users' experience. During the course of that relationship Larry lamented a few times that Draft Kings really had the same outlook as they did, plus some software geniuses he envied.
This was inevitable: the two Drafts have merged into one great realm of daily and weekly fantasy sport awesomeness.
What this means
Well, they'd like you to try out the Draft Kings software today to get a feel for it, so you're ready to go by football season. They offered a second promo for MLB today, so check that out.
Promo? Of course. Two actually, and not mutually exclusive.
Try the MLB Game
Follow this link or any of those above to the game. Details:
- $2 entry fee
- For the MLB games on Friday, 7/18. Starts at 7:05 EST
- $15,000 prize pool
- First Place wins $1,500
- Top 1,725 are paid
- Drafting style is salary cap. You have $50,000 to select 8 MLB players
- First time depositors at DraftKings receive a 100% bonus up to $600
Deposit $5 or More to Get a Free Digital Copy of HTTV Right Now
Same link. Whether you're a first-time user, played the free games before, or one of the jerks who took my money from me all March, if you add at least $5 to your account and came from our link, I'll e-mail you shortly after to send you a free digital copy of Hail to the Victors 2014 which we gave to our Kickstarter backers and which print version is currently awaiting the heating of presses (but is now available for pre-sale).
- Follow the link to Draft Kings.
- They'll send me your email. In clumps.
- I email you (when I'm not sleeping or having dinner or some such) to ask if you want a 10 mb file attached to that or another email address, or a link and instructions to download it.
- You get a DRM-free PDF of the book you can use on any device, write on, or whatever.
Larry's Still Our Guy
Larry's still our guy. ANY problems email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.