- Member for
- 5 years 14 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|6 days 19 hours ago||As an Idaho alum (grad||
As an Idaho alum (grad school) I am...completely unmoved by this. Football there was a mildly interesting side show a few weekends of the year but I was coming from U of M so most places would likely feel the same. Kibbie Dome represent, now pass the lentils.
|1 week 5 days ago||Care to link that article? I'd be curious to see||
Care to link that article? I'd be curious to see how someone ranks the class difficulty of football players in an empirical manner. Or was this an "article" on the 11 warriors message board?
|2 weeks 3 days ago||I tried sling out last fall in a cord cutting||
I tried sling out last fall in a cord cutting experiment. It was terrible. Monday night games were poor quality when they were even coming in. Most were unable to be loaded. Customer service was not helpful at all. It wasn't my computer either as I could easily switch over to netflix or other streaming site. Cancelled after a couple months.
|10 weeks 5 days ago||Official description||
The University jobs website just posted a position titled: Football Operations and Analytics Coordinator. Maybe this is the same job but maybe not since they had a more bland position titled Football Analyst posted a few weeks back. Either way, the previously posted position was pretty similar to the current posting that can be found right here and if this is another position we have a heads up on it.
Below is the actual job description. And since I am a fan of the Ann Arbor Observor I put in a few fake job requirement for people to look for. Spot the fake requirements and I will send you a prize.
Perform analytical research services for the coaching staff and aid the Director of Football Operations with task management and organization in regards to all aspects.
1. Perform data analysis for identification of play calling tendencies and strengths and weaknesses of our team and our opponents
2. Creation of and provision over research in regards to specific teams, conferences, styles, and College Football as a whole, that lead to insightful measures and reports
3. Weekly video scouting of top opponent players through an in-house created Player Evaluation System
4. Creation of Michigan post-game summary statistics and advanced measures of success
5. Weekly management of coach-produced player grades and helmet stickers
6. Produce and analyze offensive concept breakdowns
7. Create visualizations of the field of play with different information displayed, such as drive charts and exact depths and widths of passes against different coverages, blitzes, etc.
8. Creation and management of Strength & Conditioning advanced tracking measures and graphs for progress reports and analysis by S&C Staff
9. Produce aimed recruiting research and analysis of opponents and ourselves to help influence recruits
10. Creation of weekly referee foul summaries and bullshit meter
11. Assist the Director of Football Operations and Associate Director of Football Operations with organization, planning, management, and execution of tasks for upcoming projects, events, trips, etc.
12. Assist in management and integration of Teamworks as a way of creating ideal communication to players and staff regarding responsibilities, scheduling, and other necessary information
13. Update and manage player accountability reports and help execute necessary repercussions
14. Database management of player academics to help ensure the success of individual players and the maintenance of team G.P.A. threshold
15. Management or Team Blue Interns and their assistance to the team, but not like the Ole Miss or Clemson "interns".
16. Help plan and execute camps, clinics, conferences, and various forms of enthusiam
17. Help research, plan, and execute the creation of the new Sports Performance Facility
1. Help ensure execution of pre-game responsibilities of players, staff and guests
2. In-game analysis for coaches in the booth
3. Occasionally, and on short notice, remove headset wires, puffy jackets, or smaller framed walk-ons out of head coaches path.
Prior Internship Experience
Salt and pepper dreads.
Salary commensurate with experience.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Must be able to drink 1 U.S. gallon of whole milk in under 10 minutes, no vomiting. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act. OSU degree a disqualification.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
|13 weeks 2 days ago||Its like pizza deliveries to||
Its like pizza deliveries to the Pentagon before major military action.
|14 weeks 4 hours ago||Wasn't there an Mgobaby on the way or am just||
Wasn't there an Mgobaby on the way or am just confused and talking nonsense as my wife is fond of saying.
|15 weeks 3 days ago||Considering the number of wives and children he||
Considering the number of wives and children he had I would say yes.
|19 weeks 1 day ago||China is really bad but tame||
China is really bad but tame compared to Vietnam where it is a free for all of high speed weaving and thousands of moped/motorcycles. I spent most of my time overseas a little further north though driving Russian vehicles which are comically unsafe but sturdy. One of my rides for a couple of years was this rigged up 6 wheel drive Russian troop transport with the ass end of a bus welded on. Lots of fun, and would go anywhere.
|21 weeks 5 days ago||perhaps it is the risk of getting salmonella when||
perhaps it is the risk of getting salmonella when handling them?
|29 weeks 1 day ago||mgo tshirt...Fullbacks are||
mgo tshirt...Fullbacks are heartwarming.
|34 weeks 1 hour ago||wish i had know about him a few months ago. went||
wish i had know about him a few months ago. went with Huron Valley Financial and had the worst home buying experience possible just short of them dropping the ball at the end and losing our house for us. terrible customer service and incompetant loan officer caused weeks of stress and headaches. also paying at 4% for the next 30 years instead of 3.825% solely because of their screw up. stay far away.
|34 weeks 3 days ago||is that a tuba player at the very||
is that a tuba player at the very top?
|35 weeks 6 days ago||Canteen now back to WR? That||
Canteen now back to WR? That was fast.
|36 weeks 2 days ago||"In my mind, Michigan should||
"In my mind, Michigan should have had Jim locked down a month before that, and could have. I can only conclude that Dave Brandon is the sole reason Jim did not become our football coach in 2010."
Ugh, reading that is some painful shit.
|39 weeks 6 days ago||This is a different bird most||
This is a different bird most likely as it looks like a jake, notice the short "beard" on the chest. A male turkey alive in 2013 would have an enourmous beard by now unless it froze off in the winter (not likely in Ann Arbor). When this one grows up though and gets some nice pointy spurs and a bad territorial attitude I think people will not enjoy having it around. The DNR will likely come in and trap it then.
|41 weeks 1 day ago||Totally agree. Very ugly.||
Totally agree. Very ugly. But I still love mine. Comfortable to drive, very safe, very reliable (0 problems in 3 years of ownership), and quite handy. The fold up seats and in bed trunk are very usefull and swallow gear. Kills it in the snow, stability control isn't too touchy and works like it should. Off road it isn't like the Tacoma it replaced but does fine for most purposes and carries the hunting dogs just fine and a dead deer or two. Cons: ugly, from most angles but looks fine from others which is weird. Mileage sucks, should be better for a smaller truck. Towing capacity is limited at 5000lbs but gets most things done. Looking forward to the redesign which is rumored to be coming soon.
|42 weeks 5 hours ago||Being a wildlife biologist is||
Being a wildlife biologist is never useful on this blog, until today (or when discussing Bret Bielema). That is a raccoon with some kind of condition leading to hair loss such as mange, ringworm, or alopecia. Sometimes a diet change can do the same. Google "raccoon with mange". Happens with coyotes also and people go nuts and call the TV station. Perhaps Mrs. Stock should supply it with whatever she uses on her own scalp, seems to be very effective for her and they are both mammals so why not.
People thinking that a medium sized mammal can maintain a population level high enough to persist yet somehow go undocumented for decades in areas with high human populations, tons of hikers and hunters, and severe habitat fragmentation are living in a fantasy world (populated by bigfoots (bigfeet?), chupacabras, loch ness monsters, high school linemen with "excellent pad level", large breasted centaurs, and Miley Cyrus.)
|43 weeks 1 day ago||Moving back to Ann Arbor and wife needs a commuter||
Moving back to Ann Arbor and wife needs a commuter with AWD and decent mileage that may be able to actually tow something and has great safety ratings because primary driver is accident prone. Getting one of the following: Subaru Outback, Mercedes GLK 250 bluetec, Audi Q5 diesel, grand cherokee diesel.
|48 weeks 4 days ago||I was a fly fishing and horse riding guide in||
I was a fly fishing and horse riding guide in mongolia for a couple years. That line of work sounds fun but is actually quite stressful and just horrible for family life. When a dude pays $18000
|50 weeks 3 days ago||Kiante is nice. I had dinner||
Kiante is nice. I had dinner with him and a census taker once. We had liver with fava beans. fuh fuh fuh fuh fuh fuh...
|1 year 3 days ago||Probably didn't have to use your AK either. How||
Probably didn't have to use your AK either. How is the pager?
|1 year 3 weeks ago||(No subject)||
|1 year 6 weeks ago||You have mentioned it twice now and piqued my||
You have mentioned it twice now and piqued my curiosity...what does the bankruptcy aspect of this have to do with anything?
|1 year 7 weeks ago||To be fair, that is the same||
To be fair, that is the same face that most people make when I start speaking Mongolian.
|1 year 8 weeks ago||Spot on. The Judge Judy||
Spot on. The Judge Judy stuff is quirky and goofy and sand in the undies of many MSU and OSU fans.
|1 year 11 weeks ago||Ha, wait until your baby is||
Ha, wait until your baby is born and sleep deprivation kicks in. Compared with what is coming the cheese grater incidents will feel like your time together back by the lake on Naboo.
|1 year 14 weeks ago||"particularly a long ulna to||
"particularly a long ulna to upper arm ratio". Really? Has it come to this?
|1 year 14 weeks ago||I bet they deflated some footballs also.||
I bet they deflated some footballs also.
|1 year 15 weeks ago||I hope he warns the hosts,||
I hope he warns the hosts, 7-10 NFL rookies would obliterate the buffet.
|1 year 15 weeks ago||At first glance, i thought||
At first glance, i thought that was porn on the TV screens.