- Member for
- 7 years 36 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|2 weeks 4 days ago||Thank you||
Glad you enjoyed it!
|2 weeks 4 days ago||Suggestion||
Maybe add a spacebar's worth of distance between the left arm and shoulder.
|4 weeks 2 days ago||Arguably took it easy on Durkin||
Durkin seem pissed, but look at the wreckage Harbaugh left at Rutgers.
|5 weeks 1 day ago||Awesome Story||
Where did this go down? And was the guy super-pumped about the job and its significance--like did he take some pride in it?
|5 weeks 2 days ago||Wait for the UFR on D; One Thought on Offense||
1. Context. This game was MSU's whole season sometime around their loss to BYU. State's season was salvageable in only one way, and that was to beat Michigan. I think this idea is all but confirmed by the loss to Maryland.
Also, this is Don Brown's first go at Michigan State. While he was setting priorities for this game, I could imagine moments like "they would've had to work on this thing for the last three weeks and not put it on film; ignore x possibility."
2. First Score. Because of 1, I have no problem with MSU scoring on some scripted drives they haven't put on film. I should mention that crummy Balkan internet prevented me from seeing the actual drive, so maybe I'm wrong.
3. Wait for the UFR: Elite Defense's Non-Elite Day or (Just a) Very Good Defense. The former is the result of stuff like the assymetrical amount of focus the coaching staffs gave one another or an easily-fixable/temporary personnel problem. The latter is due to longer-term holes in personnel (skillset or talent) or some kind of unjustifiably inadequate coaching preparation that has been covered up by great talent. Let us wait for some UFR analysis to figure it out.
4. Reason to be Disappointed. Michigan State's o-line should not have held up to Michigan's d-line, and this was supposed to screw up everything else for them. The UFR will show why that happened, but it's still disappointing, given the overwhelming advantage Michigan was expected to have.
5. One Concern for the Offense. I forget which announcer said it, but Michigan looks like it still needs a speedy vertical threat. I think that's about right. Chesson was once that guy, but it doesn't seem like he's fully recovered; I'd say he has lost a step or two. He's just not leaving CBs behind by a couple of strides like he did last year. It wasn't a problem v. State, but it could haunt Michigan later on. Here's to hoping Chesson recovers and/or that Michigan finds that guy in the coming games.
|5 weeks 4 days ago||Solid||
I enjoyed the information and solid writing, thanks a bunch!
|5 weeks 5 days ago||Great idea, and not too hard to execute||
Just weight the ranking by the literal number of years played.
|6 weeks 2 hours ago||Great find||
If they've maintained that relationship, there could be something very interesting brewing.
|6 weeks 3 days ago||Expected Wisconsin to be up more||
To be fair, though, they've left a bunch of points on the field. Fumbles, etc.
Still, Iowa is doing its part to hang around, too.
|6 weeks 3 days ago||Iowa Fiesty||
It's a rivalry game for them and everything, but they're making it a game with Wisco.
|6 weeks 6 days ago||Thanks for the response!||
Interesting to know how Michigan does it against other top programs.
|7 weeks 1 day ago||Big Picture View of Michigan Recruiting Methods||
As always, thanks a bunch for your insights.
What makes Michigan under Harbaugh good at recruiting, and especially, how does it distinguish itself against other top programs? Are there overarching strategies and pitches--or does Michigan maybe excel at tailoring recruiting tactics for a particular player?
|7 weeks 2 days ago||How Michigan Can Pressure Forever||
If true, I definitely like Michigan's chances to get to JT even more. We rotate so many quality DL, and our blitzes can come from so many different positions, that I think we're at less of a risk to gas.
|7 weeks 2 days ago||Encouraged, but Still Freaking Out||
Hornibrook did a pretty awesome job throwing the ball. Here's to hoping Speight can come close to that.
|7 weeks 3 days ago||SOS||
With Iowa and Michigan State going up in flames, I'd like to keep Ohio State clean to give Michigan more possibilities of going to the CFB Playoff SOS-wise.
My idea is that even if Michigan loses a close one to Ohio State, and Ohio State continues on undefeated, and if a ton of things go Michigans way in the PAC 12 and Big 12, maybe Michigan sneaks into the Playoff.
|7 weeks 3 days ago||Ohio State-Wisco, Nebraska-Indiana||
Due respect to Rutgers, but that common opponent tells us nothing about Ohio State. I think Wisconsin will be a very interesting matchup.
I'm also very keen to see how far Indiana has come. It has 'trap game' written all over it for Michigan.
|9 weeks 15 hours ago||Maybe stroll by his place wearing Michigan Jumpman||
Don't speak unless spoken to and all that, but nothing wrong with him knowing Michigan's reach and popularity. Might even take it as a sign!
|9 weeks 6 days ago||Reasoning Good; Subtext||
I think his reasons are actually pretty solid, but I can't help but think this is a case of a beta kissing Harbaugh's bum.
|11 weeks 1 day ago||CO Potential||
With their starting QB potentially out, it's a shame that Colorado may not get to show how good it is this year. I'd like to see how they stack up against their conference with their offense in better shape.
|11 weeks 2 days ago||Houston||
That's who I think will gum up the works. Can a bad SOS, but unbeaten, hurdle all P5 AND an undefeated Houston? I'm not so sure.
|12 weeks 4 days ago||How does this differ from 'injuries' to get a RS?||
I think it's crazy that Davis got a 6th year, but I thought that a bunch of teams report a *wink-wink* injury to give guys a RS? It's even a practice used at Michigan, especially for younger players.
|13 weeks 1 day ago||Inside running||
Did Michigan get much action on the inside? I remember being concerned about a general lack of holes leading to consistent interior running.
Major exception was the gaping hole that paved Evans' way into the endzone.
|15 weeks 21 hours ago||Oh buddy||
|15 weeks 22 hours ago||All is well||
It's a minor injustice on the grand scale of things. Serious props to you for taking the time to notice what was happening.
|15 weeks 22 hours ago||No big deal||
Thanks for your work patrolling the boards. Also, thanks for your 'Wolverine Wanderings' podcast. Good stuff.
|15 weeks 22 hours ago||Oh, I hear you||
It's a pretty good joke; no harm done.
|15 weeks 22 hours ago||For sure||
I thought that maybe because there is an actual issue of fact, I'd get a pass.No problem, though.
|15 weeks 22 hours ago||That's where I found it||
I thought that was a good place to give credit.
|15 weeks 22 hours ago||Vindication||
Very few are going to see your explanation, but I certainly feel better about not seeing the previous thread.
Edit: Quoted you up top for visibility.
|15 weeks 22 hours ago||This is my sin||
But no big deal.