- Member for
- 7 years 47 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|1 week 5 days ago||Confused||
Okay, that explains it. Didn't find the DL coach's name or anything with Solomon's name.
I'm guessing Scout is a good enough.
|3 weeks 1 day ago||Good Point||
But I'd add: not just because of a WR coach. It could be the straw.
|3 weeks 2 days ago||Was a Fake Twitter Account||
From what I'm reading elsewhere, the allegations are all coming from a fake twitter account that later got deleted, and the school itself was not even recruited by Florida.
|3 weeks 3 days ago||Missed it in the Etc. Section||
|3 weeks 3 days ago||Great Call by Brian||
His analysis of how Michigan will utilize Frey seems to be on the money.
I don't follow much Patriots football, but this seems like their strategy with some o-line deficiency issues to speed up the implementation timeline: have all the tools to attack a defense in many ways, then let them try and guess what you're going to do. All the times Brian marveled at Harbaugh messing with a linebacker's keys could have an added twist, for example, of going from power tells to spread execution.
Maybe next year won't be so bad after all.
|3 weeks 6 days ago||Heard this from a guy following LSU boards (but had weak evidenc||
I should start out by saying that the dude couldn't link to the boards or quote any of the sources on the boards, but he said that a poster with a good track record said something very similar. Allegedly the poster's source was Coach Orgeron at LSU.
|3 weeks 6 days ago||Retaliation with Lies||
It wouldn't take much inducement for a recruit at a cheating school to make the exact same claim about the University of Michigan. What's another falsehood to the cheaters?
|4 weeks 4 days ago||Link to Source Material and Method||
You had a cool idea, but in this case, I got the list of 'white guy' descriptors from here (link), and then I tried to mash them up in a way that I hoped emphasized the absurdity.
|4 weeks 4 days ago||Link to Source Material and Method||
Thanks a bunch for the props! I got the list of 'white guy' descriptors from here (link), and then I tried to mash them up in a way that I hoped emphasized the absurdity.
|4 weeks 4 days ago||Gritty, Hardworking||
I feel strongly that he's scrappy and has an incredible motor. The grit factor? Nearly as off the charts as his intangibles. He's got winner written all over him, and it's a scholarly article, given his high IQ.
Can't say enough about his fundamentals, which makes sense for a lunch pail guy. First guy in the lunch line too--deceptive speed.
Reports have him as a gym rat who maximizes his abilities. And then, when he has reached his limits, he digs even further because he's a grinder with lots of heart.
He'd be first on my list to date my daughter, and that's not just because he's a coach's son. It's because he out-hustles other suitors like I've never seen before.
|5 weeks 1 day ago||Speculation on Wheatley Unhappiness||
Assuming the info is legit, what comes off as a lateral move, especially with his kid at UM, makes me think he's upset or convinced he has no upwards mobility and is focused on moving elsewhere.
Michigan gets loses Fisch, hires Hamilton, and gives Drevno a raise. I'm wondering if Wheatley thought he'd be seeing some changes in his position at Michigan, saw the all the activity, and turned his eyes elsewhere.
|5 weeks 2 days ago||Delta Heart||
Can you link me to some places where that has been mentioned? I don't recall seeing it in a recruiting roundup, for example.
|5 weeks 4 days ago||Great news; factor with Nico?||
I remember reading that Georgia was negative recruiting Michigan on coaching stability. Pep will not only continue top-level coaching for Michigan WRs and passing scheme, but his hire should render that recruiting angle ineffective.
|5 weeks 5 days ago||Weird Bid||
Is Scout carrying heavy dept to depress its value or something?
|6 weeks 1 day ago||Getting Soloman Would Be a Legendary Recruiting Coup||
This would only be second to Saban getting a kid after the young man got an Auburn tat.
|6 weeks 5 days ago||TUA TO MICHIGAN!||
|6 weeks 5 days ago||I'll just put this here||
Najee Harris v. Dylan Moses in 1v1s
|6 weeks 6 days ago||Forgot to Refresh the Page||
Went directly from unrefreshed page to publish. Didn't search because it was pretty new info.
|7 weeks 1 day ago||Missed fade?||
I remember Speight missing an open receiver in the endzone. Great playcall, but I don't remember if it was a fade.
|13 weeks 3 days ago||Thank you||
Glad you enjoyed it!
|13 weeks 3 days ago||Suggestion||
Maybe add a spacebar's worth of distance between the left arm and shoulder.
|15 weeks 1 day ago||Arguably took it easy on Durkin||
Durkin seem pissed, but look at the wreckage Harbaugh left at Rutgers.
|16 weeks 7 hours ago||Awesome Story||
Where did this go down? And was the guy super-pumped about the job and its significance--like did he take some pride in it?
|16 weeks 1 day ago||Wait for the UFR on D; One Thought on Offense||
1. Context. This game was MSU's whole season sometime around their loss to BYU. State's season was salvageable in only one way, and that was to beat Michigan. I think this idea is all but confirmed by the loss to Maryland.
Also, this is Don Brown's first go at Michigan State. While he was setting priorities for this game, I could imagine moments like "they would've had to work on this thing for the last three weeks and not put it on film; ignore x possibility."
2. First Score. Because of 1, I have no problem with MSU scoring on some scripted drives they haven't put on film. I should mention that crummy Balkan internet prevented me from seeing the actual drive, so maybe I'm wrong.
3. Wait for the UFR: Elite Defense's Non-Elite Day or (Just a) Very Good Defense. The former is the result of stuff like the assymetrical amount of focus the coaching staffs gave one another or an easily-fixable/temporary personnel problem. The latter is due to longer-term holes in personnel (skillset or talent) or some kind of unjustifiably inadequate coaching preparation that has been covered up by great talent. Let us wait for some UFR analysis to figure it out.
4. Reason to be Disappointed. Michigan State's o-line should not have held up to Michigan's d-line, and this was supposed to screw up everything else for them. The UFR will show why that happened, but it's still disappointing, given the overwhelming advantage Michigan was expected to have.
5. One Concern for the Offense. I forget which announcer said it, but Michigan looks like it still needs a speedy vertical threat. I think that's about right. Chesson was once that guy, but it doesn't seem like he's fully recovered; I'd say he has lost a step or two. He's just not leaving CBs behind by a couple of strides like he did last year. It wasn't a problem v. State, but it could haunt Michigan later on. Here's to hoping Chesson recovers and/or that Michigan finds that guy in the coming games.
|16 weeks 3 days ago||Solid||
I enjoyed the information and solid writing, thanks a bunch!
|16 weeks 4 days ago||Great idea, and not too hard to execute||
Just weight the ranking by the literal number of years played.
|16 weeks 6 days ago||Great find||
If they've maintained that relationship, there could be something very interesting brewing.
|17 weeks 2 days ago||Expected Wisconsin to be up more||
To be fair, though, they've left a bunch of points on the field. Fumbles, etc.
Still, Iowa is doing its part to hang around, too.
|17 weeks 2 days ago||Iowa Fiesty||
It's a rivalry game for them and everything, but they're making it a game with Wisco.
|17 weeks 5 days ago||Thanks for the response!||
Interesting to know how Michigan does it against other top programs.