Football Display Case
...talks about how UConn hasn't been in contact and how they're out. (HT: UMHoops)
Jalen, Burke, and Simmons.
Mike Hart the heavy favorite in the trolling competition
just what the Pistons need: a third string center. Joe Dumars was replaced by a mean ol' alien a few years back you guys.
this would be a close approximation of hypothetical graduation speech
no you guys they're just super pumped about COLLLLLLLLLLLLEGE
not a surprise
premature congrats. One thing we can be sure of: he'll take fewer asinine penalties than Abdelkader
Thanks to ugly transitions between Fulmer/Kiffin/Dooley/Davis, Tennessee is on the edge of APR penalties for football.
i approve of this message
strong indictment of AAU right heah
Glockner sides with justice
a good cause, and a good time
good job gents
1. Taking GF to, "Book of Mormon"
2. What? Is that a Savage Love term?
Working on the home theater system in the basement.
I backpacked a stretch of the Au Sable River 30 years ago with 3 other high school buddies. It was in April and the 1st day was a blue bird day with mild temperature, clear skies, and pleasant travels. Overnight, the temperature must have dropped 50 degrees and a giant snow storm dumped about a foot of snow on us. We called and had someone pick us up. Needless to say, I haven't backpacked since....although I hope to give it one more go before I reach Herm status.
One of my old roommates and his son are MGoBloggers.
Pan fried venison burger with sauteed red onions and mushrooms, any available cheese, BBQ sauce and topped with a fried egg. (Substitute hamburger if you're that kind of guy - nttawwt).
Cheddar, Green Apple, & Bacon...yum!
In excited for tomorrow because I'm doing slow carb and it's weigh-in/measure/cheat day. I've had great success so far (3 weeks) and may stick with this permanently, as it has completely fixed all my energy & digestive issues and killed my desire for sugar and bad carbs.
1) flying up to syracuse tonight, headed to the last ever big east gtown-cuse game at the carrier dome tomorrow. hoya saxa! hope i make it home alive.
2) backpacked in europe last year if that counts
4) bacon grilled cheese
I bleed Blue & Gray and Maize & Blue
I am have a nasty chest cold, no plans. No on backpacking. Never met another Mgoblogger. Grilled cheese with left over sliced jalapeño cheddar brats. It is even better with homemade bread. My choice of cheese is cheddar and provolone.
1. I will be heading to Home Depot, Bed Bath and Beyond if we have time. Actually I'm getting the carpets cleaned, moving a couch to the curb and hosting a few friends at the new house. I'm also hopelessly trying to please the ole ball and chain. An impossible task.
2. Twice. Good times out in Oregon
4. American and Swiss on Rye
Oh yeah. and I will be drinking lots and lots of alcohol. Mostly beer, maybe a few Manhattans
I've checked this thread probably 8 times during work to make sure everyone is getting their points
Weekend: sleep, trail teenager daughter shopping, concert, WOLVERINE BASKETBALL SECTION 114 REPRESENT I SMELL VICTORY, concert. Also grading
Real life: oh sure bunches, and had many in class....they are all surprised to find I have so many points.
Grilled cheesee: Anything on Zingerman's Paesano bread, sliced and basted in olive oil and toasted on my George Foreman grill. Dill havarti, cheddar of all varieties, fresh mozz and pesto, pretty much anything works.
1. Prepping for a couple of interviews and hanging around the house. Watching Skyfall and Argo sometime this weekend hopefully.
2. It's been a while since I've been backpacking but I have done 50 miles out in Philmont and 50 miles on the AT in North Carolina.
3. Yes, but I knew them already in real life.
4. Irish cheddar and smoked gouda with banana peppers on honey wheat bread.
It ain't easy being cheesy
Getting on a plane tomorrow morning with the spousal unit and heading to Aruba for a week to drink beer in the warm sun. Everything else doesn't matter at this point. I need me some sun and fun.
1) Continue grinding away at my thesis (in hopes of graduating this May)
2) Not a backpacker, but since I'm a geologist I go do a lot of hiking.
3) I don't think I've ever met one, but I'm assuming I've been in the same place at the same time as multiple MGoBloggers...
4) I've put a hambuger in my grilled cheese before.
What's your thesis on if you don't mind me asking? Working on the BS or MS?
I'm getting my M.S. right now. Got my B.S from GVSU, and now I'm at Missouri State University getting my Master's.
I'm studying the Cambrian sandstone in Missouri (the Lamotte Sandstone). I'm doing a detailed petrographic analysis on three new cores (drilled pretty much just for me), in an attempt to better understand the depositional history of the Lamotte, an attempt to classify it with more accuracy, create a state wide (of Missouri) fence diagram of the Lamotte, create an isopach map of the Lamotte, and finally (and most importantly) for the purpose of shallow geologic carbon sequestration.
My research is funded by the DOE in hopes of finding a location in Missouri that could serve as a site where we could inject CO2 into the Lamotte Sandstone, where it would be stored safely for a very long time.
So what's your story?
And OT: That Jose Canseco theory must have given you the same reaction I had from it.
Graduated in the spring from Ohio University (bobcats) with my B.S. Also got a degree in Meteorology. Now I'm working in the Permian Basin oil fields in West Texas. Probably going to go back for my M.S. in sequence stratigraphy in 2-3 years, depending on how things work out. It will be hard to walk away from the money I'm making though, that's for damn sure.
1. From the forecast, it looks like a lot of snow shoveling. A lot of getting my Oscar pool all done so I can watch the basketball game in peace.
3. Yes, at the HTTV party, and kinda half...I recognized one at a football game.
4. I like the original basic, but if I must bacon.
"I love him, he's a great coach, he's a great mentor, he's a great friend. He's every single thing you want a college coach to be, and he does it flawlessly." -David Molk
Attending a wine and seafood extravaganza tomorrow and will eventually go and buy me some new clothes - yearly wardrobe upgrade.
Do not backpack much anymore - used to go up mountains awhile back, not anymore.
Have met some MGObloggers but they are family members - did meet a guy in Hawaii last summer - I was wearing a Michigan football t-shirt at the beach - exchanged the obligitory GO BLUE - started a conversation and found he was a blogger of this site.
Best way to eat a grilled cheese sandwich is to dunk it in ketchup. I am Canadian - I think it is the law.
If someone ever invented a low fat vitamin - filled vegetable that tasted like fudge covered Rice Krispies treats - I'd probably eat better
All buckled up and ready for the weekend.