a terrible blight on our fine country
Know Your Neighbors - Mich Edition
Perhaps that we have the debonair disposition which allows many of us to pull off wearing an ascot.
Also, upon our first football meeting, we will come at them like a spider monkey all jacked up on mountain dew. This action will hardly dishevel our said ascots.
That's really all they need to know about me.
I have a feeling that Rutgers and Maryland fans won't like much of anyone in the B1G, since they aren't likely to get too warm of a welcome.
Yeah...I hate them already. I will treat all Maryland/Rutgers fans like they have cooties and shun them, just like I treat girls
Please don't adopt the "Ohio" moniker.
It is stupid.
coming from Hoke. But how people here wring some much enjoyment out of something so trivial is definitely a head-scratcher.
understand why he calls it "stupid".
1) Most buildings on campus have the term O-h-i-o.
2) The band scripts the term O-h-i-o.
3) The crowd always spells O-h-i-o. Probably because they cannot spell staee correctly.
4) Fans from around the world line up in a rediculous formation and do a Village People rendition of O-h-i-o.
I agree it is stupid, and from now on I will take it for granted that Buckeye fans are being deliberately offensive when they don't refer to us as THE...........................University of Michigan. /s
We think of you as the entry point to a media market, at best, or a cash-strapped parasite that doesn't know how to play football very well, at worst! Like Indiana and Purdue if we'd never met them and they just showed up at our house drunk and grimy and sat down for dinner!
Nice to meet you!
Interesting. I think Maryland at Rutgers are at best cash-strapped parasites and at worst are going to set off a series of dominos that will ultimately have a very negative impact on college football.
Seriously, my hope is for them to play Minnesota level football in a stadium half-full of opposition fans. It's ludicrous to expect them to play championship football or to actually increase viewership / BTN subscribers in the New York or DC or any TV market.
East Lansing is where to take a dump.
I thought it was a dump.
But if you have done this, you may want to take some penicillin.
would not have received a buncha pluses. Bisb was right.
There was a Rutgers fan on Reddit already talking about their disdain for Ohio.
"But though the reception has been mostly negative, most B1G fanbases have been generally welcoming... with the exception of one.
Haven't even been in this conference one minute [officially] and I've come to see why it's so easy to hate them."
I think we are well on our way
If they continue to only recruit kids from New Jersey and Maryland then prepare to take Minny and Indy's place in football and as soon as they signed on for basketball they were already below .500 in conference play...
Crab cakes and football! That's what Maryland does!
Andddd this is what happens when you post before reading the original post completely through. I've been wanting to say it, so I don't regret it.
Us and Nebraska are the coolest. Wisconsin fans are pretty awesome too. Michigan State, Ohio State, and Penn State are some of the most unenjoyable sports fans to be around.
Welcome and enjoy your stay... Btw Maryland, I'm looking at you, get rid of those ugly uniforms.
All the Penn State fans I've met have been cool if you ignore the god treatment of Paterno
I'm sure the 34 combined fans of Maryland and Rutgers will really appreciate reading this, especially the 4 fans who actually decided to read this...
So we're reaching over 11% of their fans? That seems pretty good!
The funny/sad thing is last night, I told my family that Rutgers and Maryland were joining the Big Ten.
For the blank looks I got, I might have said The University of Zaphod and Beeblebrox College.
To answer your question, I might introduce the Big Ten:
1) We think the East Coast is flyover country. If we can't get a non-stop to Florida in the Winter, we might fly over you to connect in Philadelphia.
2) We also think all the small little states crammed together are really boroughs of New York. (really - how can you be a state if it takes less time to cross than going from Saginaw to Grand Rapids?) And your whole population fits into Time Square on New Years Eve.
3) We didn't know until this week you had football. All East Coast colleges have hockey, lacrosse and basketball only. We thought only Harvard and Yale had football.
4) Our helmets have wings and our state is shaped like two mittens. Maryland, your hemlet looks like something from wonderland and your state is shaped like something burned on the bottom of the oven.
5) We eat cheese and bratwurst and deep dish pizzas and other manly food. All you eat are lobsters.
6) Michigan is very close to Ohio. Maryland is very close to Washington DC. The smell must be similar.
7) Rutgers - please - please consider changing your colors. We don't need any more red teams. You can't have blue or yellow either. So maybe tan would work.
8) Our stadium is the Big House. You can choose "add-on garage" or "above ground pool".
I hope this helps.
I see no reason to disparage Beeblebrox College.
Also, the part about the east coast schools having hockey is sadly not true.
I thought we were Maize? They can have piss yellow all they want.
We should also educate them on their competition in the conference in the historical sense so that they know where their future competition has been. For example:
Basketball - Conference and NCAA Champions (NOTE: fixed terrible typo - sincere thanks to Don for the below comment, as that's what I originally wrote)
|TEAM||Conference Champions - Basketball||NCAA Championships|
In football as well (not enough data for the BTCG, of course)...
|TEAM||Big Ten Championships||National Championships (Claimed)|
Welcome to our conference, Maryland and Rutgers.
You should also know that if you have some moderate success in athletics (most likely in sports other than football) you can pass University of Chicago for the number of all-time B1G championships. Shortly after doing that, you will also be able to pass MSU.
I believe they would surpass mSu first, THEN Chicago.
Is that how the NJ guidos pronounce it?
We are easily irritated and very sarcastic. Got it. :)