he grew a beard
- Member for
- 6 years 8 weeks
- View recent blog entries
- Nick Saban (Obviously they'd love to have him. Friend in Bama athletic dept told me Bama will pay him whatever he wants, so money isn't an issue. Saban will leave if he wants a new challenge...personally, I don't think UT is a challenge)
- Art Briles (Knows the state of Texas. Can they get him to flip? Is he too old? Imagine the talent on the field when he can recruit to Austin)
- Kevin Sumlin (Knows the state of Texas. My feeling is they'd love to have him, but not sure if they can flip him from A&M. Manziel heading to NFL will help the cause)
- James Franklin (One of the best young coaches in America. Probably not proven enough for Texas yet.)
- David Shaw (Probably top 5 coach in America, can recruit, can placate to boosters and will bring a toughness that UT has lacked the past few years)
- Will Muschamp (Will not get the job, but may get an interview based on previous deal to be coach-in-waiting under Mack)
- Mike Gundy (Knows the Texas/Oklahoma recruiting ground and is young enough to be around for a long time. Can't win the big game though)
- Kirby Smart (Bama assistant that is hailed as a coaching prodigy. Probably needs to have a smaller job to prove himself first)
- Kliff Kingsbury (UT may take a run at him just to try to beat others to him. Yes he's young and yes he's still unproven, but you can tell the guy will be a hell of a coach. IMO, despite being a magnet for recruits, not yet ready for big-time.)
|1 week 5 days ago||All of the other coaches on||
All of the other coaches on the planet are dead.
|2 weeks 14 hours ago||Huge call of the day. You win||
Huge call of the day. You win a box of Snickers Charge Bars.
|2 weeks 3 days ago||Anyone put Brian down as a||
Anyone put Brian down as a write-in?
|3 weeks 2 days ago||I LoveYou, Man||
I LoveYou, Man
|4 weeks 15 hours ago||But pardon it anyway.||
But pardon it anyway.
|6 weeks 1 day ago||This right here. He's a||
This right here. He's a little volatile and can be a blowhard at times, but he definitely knows people and is still connected to Michigan.
Trust him with trepidation.
|7 weeks 1 day ago||I'm clearly in the minority||
I'm clearly in the minority here, but I actually appreciate Cowherd's schtick. He seems to genuinely believe what he says and quite often has actual facts to back up his opinions. I'm not even a sports bettor, but his knowledge on that subject seems second to none in the industry.
|8 weeks 1 day ago||Today I learned our backup||
Today I learned our backup quarterback is a body of water.
|8 weeks 2 days ago||Kind of a volatile||
Kind of a volatile personality, but is still well-connected from his time in Detroit. Was first to report the Hoke hire (way before anyone else).
|9 weeks 6 days ago||Buddy of mine that is||
Buddy of mine that is massively into CMU football said rumor yesterday morning was academic ineligibility and if that were the case, they may have to vacate their first 2 wins of this season.
|10 weeks 5 days ago||I literally laughed out loud||
I literally laughed out loud when I read this. The CMU fan base has been screaming for Enos to lose his job for 3 years now. Yes, they beat two terrible teams to start the year, but he is in NO WAY major conference coach material. He would be an absolute joke of a hire.
|13 weeks 5 days ago||You are correct, sir.||
You are correct, sir.
|24 weeks 1 day ago||At least you didn't work in||
At least you didn't work in the Meth Lab.
|26 weeks 6 days ago||Allowing outsiders to join is||
Allowing outsiders to join is not a new concept. My parents (football and basketball season ticket holders since '79) joined the AAUM in 1992 and neither of them ever attended UM.
The people running AAUM and Dave Brandon have nothing to do with this. It's been an option for quite a long time.
|42 weeks 1 day ago||Thanks for the reminder.||
Thanks for the reminder. Coudn't remember if I paid mine or not. FYI, I called the ticket office and they were able to confirm it for me if anyone is in the same boat.
|42 weeks 2 days ago||Though I hate to say it, I||
Though I hate to say it, I don't see MSU losing another game in B1G play. Once Payne's back, they'll be head and shoulders above their competition.
|42 weeks 3 days ago||Love it.||
|44 weeks 3 hours ago||POSBANG ME SO HARD.||
POSBANG ME SO HARD.
|45 weeks 2 days ago||It'll be a hell of a||
It'll be a hell of a recruiting tool for us when he tells kids, "I left ALABAMA to come to Michigan."
|45 weeks 5 days ago||I've been on that date.||
I've been on that date.
|47 weeks 5 days ago||Agreed. I think Hoke is||
Agreed. I think Hoke is bluffing big time. I think Shane might even get the start, but Devin will be in shortly after. Might as well make KSU gameplan for both QBs.
|48 weeks 4 days ago||I guess it's kinda like||
I guess it's kinda like sganaki at a Greek restaurant.
|49 weeks 3 days ago||(No subject)|
|49 weeks 4 days ago||THIS.||
|49 weeks 4 days ago||These are the guys they'll||
These are the guys they'll choose from:
|49 weeks 4 days ago||Still don't understand why we||
Still don't understand why we took KCP instead. I may never forgive Joe for it.
|1 year 1 day ago||This, so much.||
This, so much.
|1 year 5 days ago||I 100% believe Jackson will||
I 100% believe Jackson will retire at the end of the year and exit along with his son. So you won't have to worry about him for too much longer.
|1 year 5 weeks ago||Can't bring myself to talk||
Can't bring myself to talk about the game, so only one thing to add to this conversation...Better Off Ted is one of the most underrated shows of the last 10 years!
|1 year 6 weeks ago||On a similar note, I'm a||
On a similar note, I'm a basketball season ticket holder, so I had access to purchase single game tickets a couple of days ago. I signed in to pick up extra Arizona tickets and the cost of a seat in the last row of the arena was $60.