gambling establishment etc
- Member for
- 5 years 29 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|1 day 2 hours ago||I may be crazy||
but I felt like there was a lot less piped-in music this game. I heard the band a lot, because I remember them playing over the Miami band pretty much all the time. It seems like most of the piped-in music is relagated to kickoffs, which is annoying but not super terrible.
There are still moments where the music is played for zero reason, just a 10 second snippet that leads to nowhere. This happened during pregame before the team ran out of the tunnel -- multiple songs before they actually ran out. It happened later in the 2nd half as well. But there's no Eminem cheer any more and no more In the Big House, so it's not like it's super invasive.
|6 days 7 hours ago||Completely inept rushing in the Iowa game||
22 yards rushing for the game. Game was actually pretty close initially (10-9 Iowa in the 3rd), then U-M muffed a punt, Iowa scored soon after, and U-M decided they wouldn't play defense or protect Navarre the rest of the day.
|6 days 19 hours ago||Tressel started coaching in 2002||
"that time" was 1995-2002, when we were 5-3 against OSU
|6 days 20 hours ago||I remember grumblings during the Carr era||
The Tennessee game where TE Jason Witten outran our entire secondary in the Citrus Bowl (this is where SEC SPEED really took on a life of its own), followed the next year by that Iowa game, which was the worst home loss (at that time) since the 60s. People were pissed. But U-M rarely lost to MSU during that time and at least kept even with OSU, so it was no where near the situation we're in now.
Those Carr losses were shocking at the time because U-M went 3 years without losing by more than a TD. Now it's just commonplace.
|1 week 1 day ago||The thing that broke me in this game||
was the TD to make it 28-0. U-M runs a double A-gap blitz, the thing that has victimized our team countless times during the Hoke era, and Golson just calmly throws a slant and the guy prances into the endzone untouched. Seriously what the hell is wrong with this team, these concepts are not rocket science and other teams have no difficulty dealing with them at all. It looks like our team doesn't even know how to tie their own shoelaces.
|1 week 2 days ago||Wow, new puntasauras record||
from the 29 yard line with a touchback
|1 week 3 days ago||USC with two true freshman OGs||
blowing Stanford up right down the middle for 10 yards a pop
|1 week 3 days ago||Purdue sacks the QB, knocks ball loose and doesn't fall on it||
guy tries to run with it and the classic result where the one CMU guy that's within 10 yards of the ball recovers it among 4 Purdue guys
|1 week 3 days ago||Their FG kicker is horrid||
earlier he had probably one of the worst misses I've seen in a while. Still though, 4th and 5 is managable; I agree that if you're the underdog, you have to make some plays
|1 week 3 days ago||Terry Bowden puntasauras||
punt from the 34 on 4th and 5, downed at the 9
|1 week 3 days ago||Purdue safety ejected for targeting||
I didn't think it was malicious or anything, but I guess you can't lightly tap a guy in the helmet anymore
|1 week 4 days ago||UA really blew it on that 3rd down play||
3rd and inches and they run probably one of the worst QB sneaks ever; the QB got flipped over sideways and ended up on his back without lunging forward or anything. At the time I thought they should go on 4th, but it could go either way really. The UA defense held UTSA to a 3-and-out the previous drive, so I imagine RR felt content with playing defense.
I actually turned the game off and went to be bed after the INT and didn't see the choice with 23 seconds to go.
|1 week 5 days ago||God I'm so hungry||
bad day for this post; my car's in the shop for the day and I have to eat crappy cafeteria food at work. As soon as I saw this post, my stomach started doing the Jack Links puma growl
|2 weeks 37 min ago||He was obviously hurting in the second half||
There was a play where he got kind of bowled over and it showed him grimacing after. I thought it was his right shoulder, but I guess not. Surprised no one has a clip of the video so we can dissect what happened.
|2 weeks 6 days ago||Not to burst your bubble||
but Clark vs Scherff #2 is Ojemudia
|3 weeks 1 hour ago||Defense of line||
it's just that one paragraph, but it reads like youtube captions
|3 weeks 6 hours ago||File photo||
stares deep into my soul
|3 weeks 1 day ago||Game's on ESPN2||
so you should be fine. In general, though, if you already get ESPN or BTN from from your cable provider, you can watch legit online via WatchESPN or BTN2go. You just click on a game and a pop up will come up for you to log in to your cable provider to verify access. It's cool stuff; I have a computer in my TV room and usually watch mutliple games at a time.
|3 weeks 4 days ago||Michigan Drill times||
His times are from the full-length Day 21 Countdown to Kickoff video which had 26 seconds of Karsch time at the beginning. Just subtract 26 seconds from everything for the youtube video times.
|3 weeks 6 days ago||Youth football is great||
My cousin's kid played for grades 5-7 and I worked the chain gang most games. Beats doing lawn work or some other dumb crap around the house. It's fun to cheer when a kid actually manages to kick an XP or complete a pass. In three years, they only had one kickoff where the kicking team recovered the ball because the KR kid let it roll dead like it was a punt, so that's pretty good.
|3 weeks 6 days ago||Which was about all that a lot of people could do||
even if they didn't have adverse situations. It was BTN's first game and Bright House Networks in Livonia hadn't finalized the deal with BTN yet. I think Comcast did the week before, so you could see it if you weren't in the Livonia/Farmington Hills area. I didn't see a single play and had to resort to radio, and I didn't listen too intently because I figured it wouldn't be a big deal. Listening to football on radio is such a disconnect that it's hard for me to pay attention much.
|3 weeks 6 days ago||I have a question for the football folks||
I'm watching the safety play at 3:28 of the 2nd video, and after the DL shifts, Miller decides to release downfield and block air. After looking at the Hokepoints of IZ, is there ever a time that the C releases downfield? Seems like the C is always covered, and the line shift from the DL shouldn't have changed that.
|4 weeks 20 hours ago||Geek story from U-M||
A friend of mine wanted to put the sandperson cheer on his computer for his error sound. Why, I have no idea. Back in 1996, this involved multiple steps which took us the good part of an evening to figure out how to do.
1. Wiring the sound from VCR into his roommate's computer
2. Recording the sound using the default Windows recorder
3. Outputting it as some kind of sound file
4. Transporting it via floppy disk to friend's computer
But holy shit, once he fired up that error sound, it was epic
|4 weeks 4 days ago||Clark's a wildly inconsistent player||
The Michigan Drill video (Countdown to Kickoff Day 21) is an interesting look into his abilities. He absolutely explodes Braden back 2 yards in one matchup, and gets easily handled by Williams in another. I think for Big 10 media days, anonymous opposing players/coaches said he is one of the best DEs for about 6-7 plays a game; the rest of the time, he's just kind of there.
|5 weeks 1 day ago||I'm guessing Kalis is injured||
He's been in zero practice highlights so far. The Michigan Drill video from a couple days ago had 30 matchups in it, including a bunch of walk-ons, and zero Kalis. Every OL except him showed up in that video. The dude's probably hurt.
|5 weeks 2 days ago||I keep refreshing to find Page Not Found||
Stick with a title OP
|5 weeks 3 days ago||Here's last year's Michigan Drill video||
seems really subdued compared to this year's.
|5 weeks 3 days ago||I don't know anything about football||
so this is just a guess on the winners/losers.
1. Bunting vs. Marshall -- close call here, go with Bunting since RB got by
2. Braden vs. Hurst, Jr. -- Hurst sheds the block here and makes the tackle
3. G. Glasgow vs. Pallante -- Pallante gets pancaked
4. Bosch vs. Godin -- Solid control by Bosch here
5. Norfleet vs. Watson -- Norfleet got a great initial burst here, but Watson still gets off the block and forces a cutback
6. Williams vs. Clark -- looks like a win for Williams here. Clark can't shed the block.
7. Magnuson vs. Pipkins -- Solid push by Magnuson, Pipkins sheds the block and makes the tackle a little downfield
8. Pliska vs. Morgan -- Some distance apart at the snap; Morgan breaks even on the initial burst and sheds the block and plugs the hole
9. Dawson vs. Henry -- Dawson gives a lot of ground right at the beginning. RB technically gets by, but doesn't really mean much when Dawson gives 2 yards at the snap
10. Miller vs. R. Glasgow -- Miller does an OK job, RB gets by
11. Bars vs. Bolden -- Bars totally owned, ends up on the ground. Bolden strips the ball and runs it the other way
12. Chesson vs Thomas -- Thomas on rollerskates here; much cheering from offensive teammates
13. LTT vs. Hurst, Jr. -- LTT owned here, Hurst sheds block and makes tackle
14. Fox vs. Wormley -- Wormley sheds the block pretty easily
15. Samuelson vs. Ross -- Some distance apart at the snap; Ross sheds the block but gets trucked by Isaac.
16. Bunting vs. Poggi -- Bunting's head is down here and Poggi sheds him no problem
17. Braden vs. Clark -- Great burst by Clark here, sheds the block no problem. Much cheering from defensive teammates.
18. Heitzman vs. Beyer -- Beyer owned here and left knee hits the ground. Cheering for Heitzman
19. Cole vs. Charlton -- Cole gets pushed back, great burst by Charlton. RB gets by, but see #9
20. Bosch vs. Godin -- Bosch controls him pretty well, Godin doesn't get off the block
21. Kugler vs. Henry (I think?) -- Henry gets an arm on the RB, but doesn't completely fly off the block. I'd call this a push.
22. Dever vs. J. Clark -- Good intial burst by Clark, forces a cutback, but Dever doesn't stop either and pushes him to the sideline. Chippiness ensues.
23. Dawson vs. Pipkins -- Pipkins sheds the block easily and makes the tackle. Cheering and chestbumps for Pipkins.
24. Miller vs. Pallante -- Miller controls pretty well, starts to hold at the end
25. Bars vs. Ferns -- So #51 is Ferns, right? Because that guy is tall; he almost looks even with Bars. He sheds the block and makes the tackle.
26. Jocz vs. Charlton (?) -- Just guessing it's Charlton, hard to tell number here. This one's a push, Charlton doesn't fly off the block or anything
27. LTT vs. Mone -- Mone easily get off the block, but doesn't quite make the tackle. Still gets the RB out of bounds. He gets some chestbumps.
28. Miller vs. Henry -- Henry sheds the block to get an arm on the RB. Push like #21
29. Pliska vs. Winovich -- Some distance apart at the snap; Winovich seems to do an OK job and would make a tackle a few yards downfield
30. Chesson vs. Watson -- Chesson has good initial burst, RB gets by, but Watson does fight back and plays through the whistle to put Chesson on his back
|5 weeks 5 days ago||Shots of Marcus Ray giving the sideline report||
from 50 yards away
plenty of Bo Denvers and Delante Hills to go around as well (less Delante Hills because of the injury, obviously)
|6 weeks 19 hours ago||3x Wheel of Doom||
easily the most clueless Michigan defense I've ever seen