I've been watching though some of the highlights and other parts of the game, and trying to assess some of the blocking. The internet sucks here, so I am kind of limited as to my resources. Also, I'm just a casual fan and don't know that much about offensive line blocking schemes. These are just my observations, please share your own if you have more or different ones. Here's a little bit of what I've seen:
- Williams: Seemed to be able to block anyone in a white and maroon uniform
- Funchess: Stood up a DE a couple times, seems much improved from last year
- Butt: Struggles with block on safety (Haven't found a lot a lot of film on him)
- Lewan: Same old Taylor
- Schofield: Excellent play
- Kalis: Awesome at zone run blocking. Definitely has that mean streak
- Glasgow: Pulled very well on Toussaint's 2nd(?) TD, but didn't really hit anyone. Does pretty well in pass protection at keeping defender in front, occasionally gets shoved back
- Miller: Gets the least amount of push of any of the linemen, looked alright in pass protection. Whiffed on second level at least once.
Overall a pretty nice performance from the line compared to last year.
Receivers, especially Chesson and Reynolds look good.
Toussaint had a nice blitz pickup that I noticed and might have whiffed on another (couldn't catch number with bad quality video)