It's off-season, Spring practice is over, and we have had our fill of "prediction" threads. So, let's set the scene for this thread topic:
Imagine: Michigan AD David Brandon decides to try a new marketing campaign to stir up enthusiasm for his first football season as AD. He does so by creating a lottery exclusively for the Michigan faithful. The "cost" to enter the lottery is register for MGoBlog. The Grand Prize in this hypothetical lottery is the winner's choice of the following:
- A week of workouts with Barwis this Summer/Fall
- A week of recruiting visits with RR
- Practice with the team for a week during the season
- Assist Jim Brandstatter with color commentary during any Michigan game this Fall
- Work with David Brandon for a week to improve anything related to Michigan football
- Call one series of offense and defense, respectively, in any game
- Or _______?
Further imagine: You win the Grand Prize. Which prize do you select and why?
Me, I select the option of calling the plays. Why? First, Barwis would kill me and leave my wife a widow. Second, I have been to Pahokee. Third, see the first response. Fourth, I would not be able to resist trying to be Bob Ufer -- and I am no Bob Ufer. Fifth, "improve what"? So, by default, I am calling some plays. It will during a close game against the hated Irish or Buckeyes. After we book the win, Brian will analyze the brilliance -- or lack thereof -- of my play selections, and you, my brethren (and sisters) will comment . . .