260 lbs with a 4.75 40? That's amazing.
TomVH: U Conn Visitors List
This is the home of the U Conn visitors list. I'll update the list as I talk to more players. As always you can get more updates from me on my Twitter Page.
- Demetrius Hart - The visit is back on, according to his mom.
- Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix - He's coming with Demetrius.
- AJ Jordan - Trotwood wide receiver. Wisconsin may lead right now, so it's good to get him on campus.
- Anthony Zettel - He said he thinks he's coming, so it's not 100%. If he does it will be unofficially. Either way it will be good to have him on campus for a game..
- Avery Walls - Safety out of Georgia has been to Michigan twice, and rumors are that Michigan leads.
- Daren Kitchen - Defensive back from Louisiana might not be coming.
- Jake Fisher - Michigan commit will be there.
- Delonte Hollowell - Michigan commit.
- Brennen Beyer - Michigan commit.
- Coy Brown - running back from Indiana
- Brian Blackburn - Instate quarterback.
- Terry Richardson - Cass Tech DB.
- Chris Wormley - Ohio defensive end.
- Matt Godin - Instate defensive tackle from Detroit Catholic Central will be there. He's best friends with Danny O'Brien, and they'll be traveling together. They're both very high on Michigan.
- Danny O'Brien - Instate defensive tackle, big time prospect. 6-foot-3, 278-pound defensive tackle from Flint Powers. He has Michigan and Tennessee as his top two so far. He still wants to look at some other schools, though, so that's an early list. Says he was a Michigan fan when he was really young, and he has started to really like them this summer. Talking with Coach Rodriguez and seeing the facilities has brought his interest up.
- Tyler Alt: Tyler is a Defensive/Offensive Lineman from Greensbug Central Catholic in Pennsylvania. I've been emailing back and forth with his dad, and they will be in for the first game. Michigan is recruiting Tyler as a guard/center, or DE/DT. As a sophomore Alt was All State honorable mention, and listed by the Pittsburgh Post Gazette as one of the top 10 sophomores in western PA. He plays OT and DE now in high school, but at 6-foot-3, 260-pounds he'd be better suited as mentioned before on the interior of either line. Here's a look at his sophomore film. His dad said he is very interested in Michigan.
- Nick Patti (Still coming even if D. Hart doesn't) - 2012 QB, teammate of Demetrius Hart will be up with his Dad, and potentially with his trainer Tom Shaw. Shaw trains a ton of football players in Florida, including Florida State commit Karlos Williams. Nick told me that Shaw will play a big role in his decision, and he considers Tom to be an uncle. Getting him on campus could be a good thing for a few reasons.
- Hunter and Cam Stanley - 2012 offensive linemen from Toledo, Ohio. They're twins! The 6-foot-4, 260-pound linemen are both very high on Michigan. They camped at Michigan's four-day camp, and jointly took home the offensive line MVP award (they do everything together!). Hunter actually ran his best 40 time at Michigan's camp with a 4.75. Michigan is in their top three along with Notre Dame and Northwestern. They both want to make their decision relatively early, and as you can tell by their list they think they fit best in a spread offense.
- .....AND TWINS!! (I had to)
- Kaleb Ringer - 2012 linebacker from Clayton, Ohio. His uncle is Javon Ringer, former MSU star running back. He told me his family affiliations won't play into anything, and he's actually a Michigan fan (FWIW). He currently holds verbal offers from Cincinnati and Iowa, which is a good sign of his talent level. He and his teammate Jeremy Campbell (DL) will be there. Campbell is listed at 5'11-6'0, weighing in at around 250-pounds. Ringer says that Campbell can squat 750 pounds, which seems like a lot to me. [Ed: me too.]
- Royce Jenkins-Stone - 2012 Cass Tech linebacker will be there. He loves Michigan.
- Chase Deback - 2012 instate offensive lineman from Charlotte, Michigan. Says he's a fan of Michigan State, but will put his fandom to the side for his recruitment. He wants to go wherever he feels is the best place for him. Being a fan of MSU growing up won't play into it. It's often hard for 16-17 year olds to distinguish the difference, though.
- Nathan Ricketts - 2012 instate linebacker. Shameless plug here. Ricketts is a 6-foot-2 linebacker with some good speed from Holland, Michigan.
After Barwis you go 275 lbs with a 4.59 40... while carrying Drew Dileo over your shoulder.
It's early, but it sounds like those Stanley kids could be big pick-ups for us.
to get both package deals. Hopefully when it says the Davis twins both play DB, that doesn't mean "once in a while" as their 2nd position. Hopefully it means they will play it well, because if QB/DB means QB, we probably don't get that guy.
They're both willing to play wherever they're needed most.
Great work Tom!
Tom as always, outstanding. Here is hoping for a great show on Sep 4. When is Hart going to make his decision?
I would be very very happy if Walls commits after the UConn game for 2 reasons.
1. It's a 4-star safety in a position of need
2. It means that the game was awesome and we probably won.
(reason 2 is slightly more important in my eyes at the moment lol)
Are you stating position of need as you’re thinking Walls will be playing CB as opposed to S? We have plenty of Safety’s filling the roster.
I also believe that Walls will continue to be a recruit that will work on the recruiting side of things for Michigan. Trying to pull other recruits toward us as he has done so far. The sooner he commits the more his buddies see his commitment to the program.
always some quality in your work.
I played D-3 at Hope College in Holland and Ricketts' dad is the defensive coordinator there so I got to know Nate while he was growing up for 4 years. as an 8th grader he had the size and athleticism that made you say, "wow" he's d-1 someday. I haven't had the chance to watch him play in high school at all but I'd love to have him be a Michigan guy he always had outstanding character as well.
I played when Ricketts was d-cord the first stint. Nate was like 4 or 5. Cool that he has turned into a prospect. He has some good genes to draw from.
'06 Graduate # none, hahahah, I played tennis
Control ALT Delete will be a great t-shirt.
Control the line of scrimmage
Delete the quarterback
How high on the list of prospects does Chris Bryant fall? And with his addition to the Rivals 250 has he seen any new offers come in that we should be worried about?
Reading around the board that Dee Hart cant make it in due to clearinghouse issues? Didn't know something like that could stop someone from coming on an official. Could you clear this up? Thanks in advance
Demetrius Hart was removed, he's no longer coming. He is missing some paperwork with the clearinghouse, so he can't come on an official visit yet. He's taking an unofficial to Auburn instead.
Also removed Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix, because that means he most likely won't come either. It isn't ruled out of the question, though. He might just show up.
Nick Patti is still coming.
Just to confirm, Haha Dix is now coming?
He (Ha'Sean) told me he doesn't want that reported, but everyone and their mother is proudly displaying that he will be there.
Kitchen commit watch perhaps????
I wouldn't think impossible for a blue chip kid but wow that's a lot of plates
FWIW, I don't know if things have changed, but last night at the M Club of Greater Detroit's fall kickoff dinner at the junge center, sam webb spoke and indicated that the paperwork situation with demetrius was solved and that he would be making it for the UConn game. Of course I trust Tom more, but that's what webb said last night....