"The University of Illinois is also in turmoil. The university sports an Interim Chancellor, an Interim Athletic Director, and an Interim Football Coach; the game will be played at Soldier Field, making this an Illini Interim Home Game."
A couple weeks ago, I put together a google map with all of the Michigan bars I'm aware of (and also everything from the spreadsheet that bouje has been maintaining.) The map is here.
Hopefully this will prevent the "where's the Michigan bar in Pittsburgh/Fresno/Topeka/wherever" threads that pop up every week, but if your favorite gameday hangout isn't on here, put it in the thread and let me know. I'll do my best to keep the map up to date.
Jordan Johnson, a 3-star guard prospect (No. 530 overall), is decommiting from Georgia Tech because a campus cop accused him of forging his stadium pass during Saturday's game against Georgia.
Bet the coaching staff is really happy with that cop.
Wheatley visiting Walker, Durkin visiting Gary and Jim playing basketball in Indiana
Yes Fishaw is a sunshine blower optimist but his source was first the guy who broke Walker was looking elsewhere when he was an OSU committ. That source is updating it to "a lock" to Michigan after saying UM was heavy favorite for many weeks.
Plus Kareem wore that UM towel folks - so it must be true.
(Wiltfong Lorenz Ace - "the 3 amigos" of UM crystal ballz - all are Walker to UM and have been for weeks).
Last-ish week for data to file in as most teams completed the regular season.
A few general thoughts on landscape in general and then we'll move on to the data and UM specific at bottom:
- I added Ole Miss data in chart in case we play in bowl (they would be the best offense we face all year in adv stats view)... and NC in case they beat Clemson.
- LSU is pretty impressive in advanced stats despite being "1 dimensional on offense".
- Said about a month ago, advanced stats pointed to Oklahoma as one to watch and indeed they are really impressing considering some injuries they took of late.
- Been saying the past 3 weeks advanced stats pointed to some fraud in OK State that might be exploited when they play a true top tier team. That came to bear. Unfortunately the same can be said of Iowa. Is MSU a top tier team - I don't know but Iowa does not strike the profile of a 0 loss or 1 loss team on paper- again a team that avoided OSU, MSU, UM in crossovers. Toughest opponent has been Pitt or NW?
- Likewise the stats indicate North Carolina's defense is a fraud.
- Northwestern's advanced stats continue to be massively bipolar between offense and defense; only Boston College (top 5 defense, bottom 5 offense) is more bipolar. That said while they have a good D they avoided OSU, MSU and Indiana - the 3 best offenses in the conference. 10 wins with one of the worst offenses in P5; it's good to be in the West!
- Utah's offense has fallen off a cliff the past few weeks with injury to Booker.
The chart! (for reference last year, UM D was mid 30s/40 and UM O was 70s/90s so massive improvements)
- UM FEI defense has fallen off a cliff of late. Fell from #11 to #19 this week. This was #2 in mid October. S&P+ still likes the defense.
- UM FEI & S&P+ offense has inched up to mid 30s from being stuck around 40 for weeks on end. Considering the state of our running game, I'll take that.
- UM FEI "special teams efficiency" has been pretty stable in mid teens after being #1 about 5 weeks ago.
- UM faced 4 of the worst defenses in the nation in Oregon State, UNLV, Scarlet Knights and Indiana.
- UM faced 5 quite good defenses in MSU, OSU, Utah, PSU, NW.
- UM didn't play a top 20 offense all year - when facing the 4 in the 20-35 range they generally got hit - Indiana, MSU, OSU. BYU was the exception.
Widely quoted NCAA stats below - these judge an offense or defense only on total yards.
NCAA Stats for comparison:
- Total Offense: 71 - 387.0 yds/game
- Total Defense: 4 - 281.3 yds/game [This was #2 almost the entire year, thanks for nothing Buckeyes]
Robert Nkemdiche has taken the lead in the Paul Hornung fan vote and we need to change that fact. Link http://louisvillesports.org/paul-hornung/award-poll/