|07/15/2018 - 7:47am||Right! For me it’s one bag…||
Right! For me it’s one bag of shock a week, and then every 3-4 weeks I add muratic acid, chlorine and phosphate reducer and backwash the filter. Kids swimming in the backyard is fantastic!
my list includes: gas line for grill; multiple shower heads; speakers in every room wired to one mobile-ready reciever so I can play the tunes from a central place; a smoker; and a workout room. Oh, and a walk in pantry.
|07/14/2018 - 10:31pm||I suppose it depends on…||
I suppose it depends on where you live. I have/had one in TX and it was great. It was very easy to maintain, just costed a little in chemicals and more in maintenance as it aged. Folks pay a high monthly fee for outside maintenance, which I think is bc it’s intimidating. A Michigan Man can sure maintain his pool.
|07/06/2018 - 4:09pm||Tryna move back to Michigan…||
Tryna move back to Michigan but the housing sucks balls. My latest option fell apart. Anyone got a room?
|06/04/2018 - 7:56am||What went wrong||
Not beating OSU, moral victories aside. We win one or two and the tone is very different. The reasons for not beating them are plentiful and I think (hope?) they have been addressed if not resolved.
Longer look back says Brandon hiring Hoke is what went wrong-est.
Right: Harbaugh is the right coach for Michigan
|06/02/2018 - 10:39am||Over?||
It was NEVER over for me!
|05/17/2018 - 9:06pm||For the time being?
For the time being?
|05/17/2018 - 5:32pm||You better Belize it!||
You better Belize it!
|04/16/2018 - 12:49pm||Spoiler alert anyone????
Spoiler alert anyone????
|04/14/2018 - 1:33pm||I knew it was coming but was||
I knew it was coming but was stilled shocked to see it in print. Good for Moe!
|04/13/2018 - 5:23pm||8 or 9. Our schedule is tough||
8 or 9. Our schedule is tough and we’re just not there on O to handle so many road challenges.
|04/09/2018 - 6:37pm||Why? (Real question)||
Why? (Real question)
|04/03/2018 - 10:08pm||Yeah||
Been dragging my feet on renewing season tix for this very reason
|04/02/2018 - 3:50pm||Put me in, Coach!||
I’m still hoarse from Saturday but I’ve been rehabbing, taking IVs and sitting in the oxygen chamber. I’m coming out strong for the win tonight!
|04/01/2018 - 1:24pm||Nope!||
Not if you use USC math!
|04/01/2018 - 10:56am||the hero we needed||
I think it was clear to Poole that when he got in in the 2nd half that we needed a spark. Mathews had success with his athletism in the 1st, taking people off the dribble and Poole did the same. I loved him taking some authority! That got us in the crowd going and sparked the team. Didn't know about the halftime talk til just now but I love seeing his play follow his halftime talk. What a leader!
|03/29/2018 - 12:40pm||Gah!||
You’re right; and that’s why the WW2 Naval museum is in Fredericksburg! Another site to check out...
|03/29/2018 - 12:37pm||Congrats Coach!||
I saw him at a football game some time ago and he took a few minutes to chat, which was awesome. I’ve felt bad since then because I said “hey John!” rather than “coach” but he didn’t even hate on me like Bob Knight choking out a kid for not calling him coach. Anyway, cool story and I feel better now that I have it off my chest.
|03/29/2018 - 9:20am||Things to do in SA when not at the game||
Thought I'd share some ideas to avoid the tourist traps on the riverwalk...
San Antonio has some fantastic restaurants, something that continues to surprise me even after almost 9 years here, and some good bars:
- The only place worth eating at on the Riverwalk is Boudro’s; don’t eat anywhere else right on the river unless you enjoy bland, salty, and/or fatty, tourist food. Boudro’s is great and will require a reservation. Actually, most good places downtown will need a reservation.
- Pearl district has many really good restaurants and they’re very creative with the menus. They will be pricey though. My favorites are Southerleigh (Texas Eclectic & brewery), Il Sogno (Italian), and Down on Grayson. Boiler House has a good breakfast/brunch.
- Guenther House is very popular and has a great rep, especially for brunch; I’ve not been there, though.
- The boutique hotels are also a good choice for food. I recently ate at Rebelle at the St. Anthony and it was great with great drinks.
- Southtown is also a trendy strip with some good restaraunts and bars – Feast is my fave.
- The bars on the Riverwalk are pretty good, but will be what you expect in a tourist zone. A cool bar on the north side of downtown that I like is the Brooklynite. Southtown and Pearl will also have bars to hang out in.
- Of course, Whataburger is always an option and I wouldn’t pass it up! For barbeque, go to Rudy’s. Or, if you have a car, head to Lockhart for some really good bbq and if you cant choose a place, choose Smitty’s Place. Austin has good bbq, but the juice aint worth the squeeze in terms of wait time and travel time.
- The TexMex in SA is phenomenal, I recommend Pappasitos or maybe Chuy’s, though both require a car. For Mexican, go to La Fogata. Again, there are many many to choose from!
Things to do on Sunday in between Michigan wins:
- Sea World and Six Flags
- Many great golf courses – LaCantera, The Quarry, TPC San Antonio, Brackenridge are pretty close and give a good challenge. Watch out for rattlesnakes.
- Texas wine country tour. For the misses, of course.
- Museums: McNay Art Museum and The Witte are 2 good ones I can vouch for. The Ripley’s Odditorium doesn’t count.
- Remember the Alamo!
- Fredericksburg is a good day trip, but mostly for those who want to visit a small town main street with shops.
- Walk or jog the Riverwalk – its really nice and its been extended north and south of the main downtown section
- Mission trail
May your time in SA be filled with gread food, margaritas, and a double shot of Michigan wins!
|03/27/2018 - 12:41pm||Same reaction||
This was also a featured topic XM ESPU show. My first thought was JH hasn't been so visible in a year. What you talking bout Willis?
And the Michigan hate is absurd. No top 5 winds in tournament; bad offense; lucky to be here (buzzer beater). I can't wait to win out!
|03/26/2018 - 8:16pm||dang it||
They're on to us!
|03/26/2018 - 7:50pm||Not the travel packages||
go to the athletics site and click over "tickets" and mens basketball. You'll get a link to buy just the tickets. I literall just did it.
|03/26/2018 - 4:47pm||My poor kids||
Got worried about me when I expressed frustration with this refereeing phenomenon. My kids play competitive sports and my wife felt the inclination to explain to them that we can yell at the TV but they are not to mimic me in their games. Awkward!
|03/26/2018 - 1:18pm||This.||
A thousand times this.
|03/26/2018 - 9:19am||I agree!||
Virtual mobile +1 sir!
|03/25/2018 - 10:38am||Bus, cab, Uber or Lyft||
No subway. If you’re in downtown it’s walkable since downtown not that big. If you have time you can take a river taxi but that still involves walking.
|03/25/2018 - 10:28am||Man, Matthews was key- so||
Man, Matthews was key- so glad he took off his Clark Kent glasses!
|03/24/2018 - 11:54pm||Just ask Houston. You always||
Just ask Houston. You always foul...but I’m glad they didn’t!!!
|03/24/2018 - 11:37pm||Oh my my||
Oh hell yes
|03/24/2018 - 11:36pm||For real||
Those announcers are the pits
|03/24/2018 - 11:16pm||ticket watch please!||
ticket watch please!
|03/24/2018 - 11:12pm||first things first||
2nd - trash refs, trash announcers, and trash FSU
WOOOOOOO GO BLUE
|03/24/2018 - 10:42pm||and Win the Game||
and Win the Game
|03/24/2018 - 10:28pm||are these fucking announcers||
are these fucking announcers cheering for FSU?
do i know the answer to my question?
|03/24/2018 - 10:24pm||BLOW THESE FUCKERS OUTTA HEAH||
enough from this garbage FSU game plan. show 'em how we do!
|03/24/2018 - 10:15pm||there you go Charles||
THATS HOW YOU S'POSED TO DRIVE
|03/24/2018 - 10:14pm||got dang||
these gots to go in...right?
|03/24/2018 - 9:56pm||Mathews||
I'd like to see Mathews to challenge the rim more - i know he's a bad FT shooter, but he's the only one athletic enough to finish.
We're making poor choices on the pick 'n roll - couple bad bounce passes. I'd like to see more emphasis on this but better :)
and i'd like to see some 3's go in
|03/24/2018 - 9:49pm||fffffffff||
needed that Moe! Hopefully coach asks Moe if he's going to make a basket today.
after that first half, to have the lead - hoo boy.
|03/24/2018 - 9:47pm||defense!||
hellz yeah boys
|03/24/2018 - 9:45pm||smart play by Moe||
looking forward to some good 'ol Beilein halftime adjustments...please!
|03/24/2018 - 9:38pm||not playing great but in it||
making me drink a lot though!
|03/22/2018 - 11:33pm||Ahhhhhh!||
When I say “go”, you say “blue”!
|03/22/2018 - 10:50pm||Hellz yeah!||
What a dominant performance!
|03/21/2018 - 11:10am||Damn!||
Those are nice! Just bought the XXXIIs...might need to send em back for these!
|03/20/2018 - 9:34am||Didn’t listen so don’t have context...||
Did Jay make the reference to Drevno or are you filling in the blanks?
|02/27/2018 - 1:43pm||Why?||
What is the relationship between student and paycheck? They are playing g basketball either way.
|02/24/2018 - 4:25pm||Late season pushes man!||
This is what I was hoping for a few games ago- our late season surge. Thats what I'm talking 'bout!!! This is a level up!
|02/24/2018 - 10:22am||When he slaps the floor||
You know he's ready for some real defense! Then we'll know he's done for as the FBI and NCAA go in for an easy layup.
|02/22/2018 - 7:02pm||Nice writing!||
Really enjoyed this, Brian. Thanks
|02/12/2018 - 7:06pm||Excellent points||
And it's clear we're playing better than the start of the season. I'm thinking of the difference makers we've had at the point and wondering where it will come from when the game is tight and we need someone with a great handle late in the game. To me, the rest the season is house money and to be enjoyed because we're too limited at PG for realistic expectations to be a deep tourney run.