|07/16/2018 - 3:57pm||The word in SEC land is that…||
The word in SEC land is that Orgeron is safe this year and that the expectations come in next year. Maybe.
|07/16/2018 - 10:49am||I used YouTube TV to stream…||
I used YouTube TV to stream last year (ditched Sling) and found it to be a much better viewing experience thank Sling. No buffering issues and no service issues and I was able to see any UM game. My only complaint is the looping of the same idiotic commercials but that is not a YouTube issue. I highly recommend.
|07/15/2018 - 10:54pm||person 1: Please pass the…||
person 1: Please pass the salt
person 2: Pass it? I don't think I can even swallow it.
|07/14/2018 - 9:53pm||We ended up getting…||
We ended up getting recommendations on a custom jeweler who did good work and had solid reputations (also met a guy who bragged his main clients were "pumps prostitutes and politicians" to which I said "sometimes you get that all in 1 person" but they didn't laugh). There are some dubious characters out there so check up before you start working with someone unless you go to the mall which wasn't really quite the milieu we were pursuing...
also the color/clarity thing is valid up to a point - after a certain point (especially s clarity if I remember) you can't tell the difference without a microscope so not worth the extra cash for a higher rating
|07/13/2018 - 6:00pm||Such a likable guy - proud…||
Such a likable guy - proud he went to this Michigan of ours
|07/12/2018 - 1:35pm||I upvoted you for your…||
I upvoted you for your upvote because what the world needs now is, to quote the great philosophers Burt Bacharach and Hal David, love sweet love.
|07/11/2018 - 1:36pm||I picked Croatia to advance…||
I picked Croatia to advance in our work bracket and think Modric is a really unique player but would like to see England get to the final.
|07/10/2018 - 9:28am||Maybe an update on B1G…||
Maybe an update on B1G visitor's locker room conditions
|07/09/2018 - 11:17am||I thought it was great and…||
I thought it was great and appreciate the time and effort that go into it. I also really enjoy the slightly tangential stories (e.g. history of the banner and the '42 UM:ND game). It's a great preseason read and for anyone who is on the fence (if such a person exists) spending the time/money I highly recommend.
|07/06/2018 - 10:07am||C'mon Germany!!||
|07/03/2018 - 9:37pm||Even the series record…||
Even the series record against Texas. Or Tennessee. Maybe Kansas State. Or Oklahoma. I also wish we could have gotten a winning record against Iowa Pre-Flight before they stopped playing.
|07/03/2018 - 9:29pm||a good point. Has had run…||
a good point. Has had run ins with OSU, UM, Nebraska and Wisconsin fan bases. Maybe he'll carry water for PSU.....
|07/02/2018 - 2:29pm||Also live in Atlanta - would…||
Also live in Atlanta - would add:
- on balance good weather
- in addition to getting a flight to anywhere you are a 1/2 days drive to a lot of different places like the ocean, the gulf, the mountains
- a lot of scenic beauty
- we've found the people here to be very warm/friendly
- pollen is awful
- traffic is brutal
- SEC/ACC territory which....enough said
- it rarely snows/ices but when it does it is a disaster because a) it rarely does b) because it rarely does there is no equipment to deal with it c) it is enormously hilly in Atlanta and even if you DID have the equipment dealing with ice in hills is much nastier than dealing with pre-salted ice on say Maple Road in metro Detroit.
|06/28/2018 - 12:41pm||June 2008 was right before…||
June 2008 was right before the real pain began....sort of like that moment in a slasher movie where the kids are laughing in the cabin and eating pizza and drinking beer. The lights will soon go out and they will run into the woods to be hacked down by the chainsaw-wielding guy in the goalie's mask....but none of that has happened yet. Ah - memories.
|06/26/2018 - 10:57am||Just as a casual observer…||
Just as a casual observer who has played a lot of RISK - don't we seem to be having more than our fair share of "lousy nights filled with bad luck" given the odds/weightings?
|06/23/2018 - 12:43am||a great guy and a great…||
a great guy and a great musician - I found the video very moving and riveting
|06/22/2018 - 11:37am||that seems like fake news to…||
that seems like fake news to me /s
|06/22/2018 - 9:14am||she is sort of the…||
she is sort of the Scandinavian Yoko Oni
|06/22/2018 - 9:13am||Interesting to see how much…||
Interesting to see how much South American teams have struggled so far this cup. That might turnaround (and personally with Brazil I hope it does even though Neymar is a whining baby) but still has struck me as a little surprising.
|06/21/2018 - 6:06am||Trying to figure out why I…||
Trying to figure out why I should care about him/his career and I just can't find any good reasons.
|06/14/2018 - 4:42pm||Thanks for sharing - WW II…||
Thanks for sharing - WW II has always fascinated me and the D-Day invasion remains one of the most impressive military operations in history.
|06/14/2018 - 5:39am||How many President's emerged…||
How many President's emerged from Alabama?
|06/13/2018 - 4:30pm||We used YouTube TV and a…||
We used YouTube TV and a chrome cast and it worked like a dream. We also stream Netflix and Amazon Pride via Xbox and it also works very well though the prime thing can get klugey if you pay for the streamed movie
|06/12/2018 - 12:57pm||Maybe Gerald Ford as…||
Maybe Gerald Ford as honorable mention at center? Not all american but did play in East-West Shrine game and an all stars game against the Bears
|06/07/2018 - 1:24pm||They take the phrase "animal…||
They take the phrase "animal husbandry" way too literally.
|06/06/2018 - 7:51am||The hole in my life has been…||
The hole in my life has been filled. Thanks as always Brian and team for your curation of the best sports blog around.
|06/06/2018 - 7:33am||To quote David St. Hubbins …||
To quote David St. Hubbins (or maybe it was Nigel Tufnel) Fromm Spinal Tap
"this is mic #1 this is mic #1. Isn't this a lot of fun"
|06/01/2018 - 9:27am||AMC Pacer & Gremlin||
1978 '79 and '80 were magical years because these two epically awful cars were both in production by the same company. And come to think of it the Concord was also in production around that time. AMC sort of cleanly proved out the Darwinian nature of the auto industry.
|05/30/2018 - 11:05pm||Athlon 2017 preseason Top 10||
too hard to find more than that:
1. Alabama (finished #1)
2. OSU (finished #5)
3. FSU (finished out of top 25)
4. Washington (finished #16)
5. USC (finished #12)
6. PSU (finished #8)
7. Clemson (finished #4)
8. Oklahoma (finished #3)
9. Auburn (finished #10)
10. Michigan (sigh)
other AP top 10's that weren't in preseason top 10: UGA (#2), UCF (#6), Wisconsin (#7), TCU (#9)
so 6 of the 10 they predicted in top 10 finished in top 10
|05/24/2018 - 10:50am||Wonder what the line is on THAT contest||
Vegas lines on RISK are notoriously unreliable.
|05/22/2018 - 9:40am||Have you tried "Squatty Potty"....||
a friend told me it works wonders....
|05/22/2018 - 9:35am||A good clarification but....||
still lame and (imho) overly optimistic in this case - perhaps to get all of our many brethren to go buy the magazine because WE'RE GONNA FINISH #5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Preseason rankings are just conversation starters; sort of the clickbait of rankings. And they are about as accurate as Bagdad Bob.
|05/18/2018 - 5:45am||I don't know about you guys||
but I find the Normandy scenes very emotional. What a great experience for them to have.
|05/16/2018 - 5:04pm||Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone||
but didn't go to OSU in spite of rumors to the contrary
|05/16/2018 - 4:58pm||They have some really cool ones now!||
They have some really cool minecraft themed ones now. Maybe Oakland IS still in play...
|05/09/2018 - 1:08pm||Maybe he's into a perverse form of "cow tipping"?||
Ohio and all that....
|04/26/2018 - 4:07pm||At least you didn't re-post Yo Blu's GIF||
|04/25/2018 - 2:27pm||Is Nebraska still in the Big Ten?||
asking for a friend....
|04/20/2018 - 11:02pm||some obvious thoughts||
- data analytics/mining/science & insights
- medical industry of all kinds (home healthcare along with med research and pharma)
- virtual reality technology which I think will act as a layer on top of a bunch of industries (imagine "virtually" walking through a design of your home before it is built as a way to "experience" the architect design before any building starts. Same concept with say an operating procedure where a doctor can use vt to operate on someone thousands of miles away - already happening today but will increase)
- payments industry chain (banks, payment, credit etc)
- m&a activity along with partnerships (future business solutions will require a lot of specialization and therefore a lot of real-time collaboration among experts to create an end-to-end solution)
- I think there is already a collapsing into regional city hubs (Chicago, Denver, Atlanta, Dallas/Houston, Seattle, SF, LA, WDC, NYC, Boston, maybe Philadelphia, maybe Charlotte) but that could halt/reverse as people get tired of the congestion and use some of the above trends to exist remotely
- "experience economy" - only way to differentiate so it will also act as a layer on top of all sorts of industries. The "Lyft" experience is > the "taxi" experience in pretty much every way; personally I feel that youtubetv > sling tv because of the experience - so the first mover can end up getting mowed down by the fast follower with the better experience. I think AOL will overtake Compuserve as a result.
- also, seemingly, vape shops
- bricks and mortar retail - especially strip malls (see vape shop exception above)
- personally I think accounting and legal professions will take a hit in the next ten years as AI/rules-based concepts start to take out the lower end repetitive aspects of those professions
- again just personal opinion but I think the traditional world of academia is a bit of a bubble waiting to pop. When you look at tuition cost trends along with things like distance-based learning and the Khan academy and the comfort with which "today's kids" deal with virtual technology I could see a world where a substantial % of the population just opts out of the "go live here 4-5 years while you get a degree" approach. I think smaller schools with small endowments (heh heh he said endowment) will be the canary in the coal mine.
- not dying but we've already seen the "splintering" of entertainment, broadband delivery, news/media industries so places that can somehow simplify and package/aggregate (e.g. Youtube TV) will emerge
- oil change shops....electric cars will slowly replace gas cars in the fleet and no need for jiffy lube
there are more but I think this is boring enough already....
|04/13/2018 - 12:05pm||Merge Peters + O'Korn||
I felt like if you merged John O'Korn's seemingly unshakeable self-confidence with Brandon Peters mostly consistent competence we would have had a really solid QB. But either way, I know that I would have done a worse job at 18-21 handling some of the stuff those guys had to handle.
|04/02/2018 - 11:21am||If there is an exception to every rule....||
...there must be a rule with no exception"
Some dude in a dorm room a long time ago
|04/02/2018 - 10:03am||Resliency||
I think this is an interesting point Grendel....each time I've watched our team this season (especially in the BTT and the NCAA tournament) I've been struck by their resiliency. We might get buried and lose big but there is a lot of moxie (there I said it) on this team. Hope it prevails tonight!
|04/02/2018 - 8:08am||Need "The Knowledge" to weigh in before tip-off||
so I know how to calibrate my emotions...
|04/01/2018 - 12:28pm||Does our 2013 "loss" to Louisville count as a loss?||
vacated wins and all of that....
|03/29/2018 - 5:46am||T-shirt available for sale||
"Misuse of the word "Literally" figuratively drive me insane" - $20!
|03/27/2018 - 1:45pm||Good thing we're not playing Harvard then||
if that's what they call it...
|03/26/2018 - 10:44am||except they spell it "weke"||
or so I have read
|03/26/2018 - 10:10am||Agreed||
Final Four team is a Final Four team. Taking them lightly is a sure path to peril. I imagine Coach Beilein and staff and the team are smart enough to not fall into that trap.
|03/25/2018 - 12:50pm||Was thinking the same thing||
hopefully today brings a Frozen Four berth and a sweep of the Spartans.
Also "Lansing".....how odd to name a city after a procedure that drains puss from a boil.
|03/22/2018 - 11:55am||Ben Mason effectively playing Offense (FB) and Defense (LB)||
Coach Harbaugh looking to mold him into Owen Marecic II - the Sequel