gambling establishment etc
- Member for
- 6 years 3 weeks
- View recent blog entries
|37 weeks 2 days ago||2013|
|44 weeks 5 days ago||Kill thread; yourself.||
Kill thread; yourself.
|44 weeks 5 days ago||Destroy the Internet. Salt||
Destroy the Internet. Salt the earth.
|45 weeks 5 days ago||I don't think that many,||
I don't think that many, although the teams they have faced have been incapable of big offensive plays because they are terrible.
The only team to consistently take shots was Notre Dame. There were drives that were seemingly built out of the Tecmo Super Bowl playbook, where Rees just stepped back, and hucked the ball downfield. The plays rarely worked, but the receivers tended to be open, or would draw a PI/holding penalty from Dennard (who did nothing but commit penalties that game).
I agree with Mathlete: the key to this game is hitting those big plays, and forcing the MSU DB's to play against our talented receivers in space. We'll either draw penalties, or Gallon and Funchess will chew up yardage. This also requires Gardner to be solid, or at least Rees-ian in his passes (overthrowing everyone is preferable to turnovers).
ND had a fine gameplan against MSU (the best of any of their opponents by far), and it worked. It wasn't pretty, but you could see they were never panicked, and they simply bled MSU dry over the course of the game. It was punt-punt-punt for a while, but ND never got impatient, didn't make too many bonehead mistakes, and left with a fairly comfortable victory. That's the key.
My biggest concern is that the ND d-line was nigh on dominant throughout that whole game, and I don't know that we have that kind of talent up front to kill drives dead on the reg.
|1 year 2 weeks ago||This is the holy grail. Just||
This is the holy grail. Just give up. Braver/smarter men than you and I have tried and failed to unearth it.
Just live with the delay, or put up with Matt Millen.
|1 year 2 weeks ago||Nashville||
Anybody trolling this thread looking for a friendly Nashville establishment, a small (but hopefully growing) contingent of us meet at Bar Louie in the Gulch. They have a decent beer selection, are not overrun with SEC fans, have many TVs, and the managers are Michigan grads.
They're very amenable, and when our crowd is big enough, they'll stick us in a private room.
Oh, and sometimes the awesome cook who lived in Sterling Heights will give us free nachos. Because he's awesome.
Bar Louie: 314 11th Ave S Nashville, TN 37203
|1 year 3 weeks ago||(No subject)||
|1 year 7 weeks ago||OSU_fans.txt||
Just culling from the dankest nugs of the shittiest fanbase in all of sports. Misogyny, victim blaming, and minimization ahoy!
A selection of comments from various Eleven Warriors stories about the Hyde incident (horrific grammar and spelling obviously not mine):
"The bitch is the agressor, but if Drayer's story is correct then [Hyde will] probably miss a couple games."
"Anyway in reference to hitting a chick there are exceptions."
"I hate the fact that he might have thrown away his season. There's very few circumstances when hitting a female is warranted"
"I hate when women assault a man, then hide behind their gender when there might be consequences."
"The fact that she went on vacation immediately AFTER that shows that the ordeal couldn't have been that serious."
"It was so serious that she put a young mans future in jepoardy yet she couldnt delay her vacation?"
"How about just be held accountable for her actions?"
"Women should really think about what they do or say about crying assault or rape."
"I think too many times we give the female species "free passes" on things of this nature."
"I thing she was entitled to get slapped."
As a social worker who has worked with male perpetrators of domestic violence...this is the kind of shit that they say all of the time. Always her fault.
In summation: fuck Ohio State forever and ever. And if you say or think any of these things, fuck you too.
|1 year 8 weeks ago||Here, I fixed that sign||
|1 year 43 weeks ago||Meh. They still have to stop||
They still have to stop it.
|1 year 49 weeks ago||Dipping is one of those||
Dipping is one of those things that is awful and disgusting, and you can't rationalize doing it, but you catch yourself doing it and enjoying it for no good reason.
Kind of like housing a large pizza or a dozen donuts by yourself.
What I'm saying is Kansas should have to self report every time Charlie Weis takes down a Hot N Ready by himself.
|2 years 1 day ago||I so wish PSU was stuck with||
I so wish PSU was stuck with Air Force this week instead of Navy. Navy's defense is horrific, and their triple option is not as fearsome as it has once been (I still chose Navy in my Pick em, because seriously, fuck Penn State).
I think AF would probably drub PSU by two or three scores.
|2 years 1 day ago||I highly recommend using||
I highly recommend using Chrome and installing ad-block. It takes care of every ad on the site, including the ones that pop up over the stream itself.
I couldn't imagine that site without it.
|2 years 5 days ago||Being an undergrad now seems||
Being an undergrad now seems hard.
Where are the kids playing NHL '95 tournaments in their rooms?
|2 years 1 week ago||I think the offense is going||
I think the offense is going to have a lot of fun on Saturday.
Air Force wasn't equipped to really stymie Idaho State (who was playing catch up for the whole game), so I don't think they have a prayer against Fitz or Denard. I think Denard senses it too. There was a twinkle in his eye at the end of that clip.
|2 years 2 weeks ago||I know it's just Idaho State,||
I know it's just Idaho State, but Air Force put up 629 yards of total offense, and their senior RB Getz went HAM.
Good test for Michigan. Slightly scary, but good test regardless. Should be fun.
|2 years 2 weeks ago||This post, however, owned.||
This post, however, owned. Yaaay you.
|2 years 2 weeks ago||Voted down for homophobia.||
Voted down for homophobia. Booooo you.
|2 years 2 weeks ago||Don't go to sleep on Air||
Don't go to sleep on Air Force. I know they played Idaho State, but they still racked up 629 yards of total offense, and their RB is DARN GOOD.
Gonna need to play tight and hard to control that game like we'll want.
|2 years 2 weeks ago||Rivals claims that Lewan's||
Rivals claims that Lewan's injury is "not serious."
Whatever that means.
|2 years 2 weeks ago||(No subject)||
|2 years 2 weeks ago||Your kicker is 65% for FG's||
Your kicker is 65% for FG's beyond 50 yards?
And we have two kickers, but they're both normal college kickers. So, you know, not Jason Elam or Sebastian Janikowski...
Also nobody is blowing Saban's oversigning out of proportion. Except Saban. And the University of Alabama. You know, by redacting their scholarship numbers for CERTAINLY NO NEFARIOUS REASON.
|2 years 2 weeks ago||1) I expect Rawls to look||
1) I expect Rawls to look Rawlsian. He will run forward into a mess of Crimson giants, and will sometimes get forward yards and sometimes not. Michigan will mix in Smith and probably Hayes. Dee Hart will look at our sideline with yearning.
2) Denard will probably break a run or two, but it's more important for him to pass. If he went to Alabama and all you did was use him as a CB and PR, that would be sad. Shame on fake alternate universe Alabama.
3) Does any team have faith on hitting a 52 yard field goal for the win? I mean, other than the Oakland Raiders. That is a silly question.
4) Your DB situation might be worse than Michigan's DB situation, but only based on experience, and it is definitely worse than our LB situation...which is not a situation, unless you define situation as "a position where you have experience, talent, and depth." Our D-line will not be very good, however.
5) One that won't be measurable in our first game against Alabama, I would expect. Kovacs will probably break into your backfield a couple of times, as will Jake Ryan, but I don't know how much we can glean from this. Your offense, like all SEC offenses, is kind of boring, but that's not to say it's ineffective. Pounding the ball into the middle of our line will probably be good enough, and your speed at WR is...speedy.
6) I expect to have 2 offensive TD's in the game.
7) He's a 5th year senior who was well-hyped during his recruitment oh so many years ago. He'll be fine.
8) Since this wasn't a huge problem last year, especially toward the end of the year, no, mental mistakes are not my concern going into this game.
9) I'm glad you would take Kovacs, but Saban would have pushed him out years ago. As for our CB's playing on an island...maybe? JT Floyd is born again hard, and Countess has a good up-side, but neither are faster than your slowest WR. Still, with good technique...I don't know.
11) I think Denard improved to a point with his passing, but how that shows up on the field is a big unknown. He was getting better as the year went on in 2011, however (Sugar Bowl notwithstanding). He does less than good when he's being pressured, so that bodes great for this game!
12) Roundtree, Gallon, and Dileo all have good hands, but are tiny. The rest are untested or freshmen. Also Devin Gardner exists, but I don't know anything about his hands other than that high school clip that Brian posted earlier of Devin making silly catches.
13) We don't have an endless stream of 5-star death machines, if that's your question. We have barely a functional starting lineup, and then freshmen. It probably won't be good.
14) That is not a question. Also, Arizona is going to own, so there.
|2 years 2 weeks ago||Nashville Fans||
So I took it upon myself to create a website and Twitter feed for Nashville Michigan fans, just so you know where to watch the games on any given week.
Now all 12 games this year will have an official watching location, and I hope some Nashville based fans see this and come out. I really want to reinvigorate the alumni base in the area!
|2 years 2 weeks ago||A few posts up||
The place is called Benchmark, and it's on 21st, across the street from the north end of Vanderbilt.
However, they're only doing 6 games there, and we have to share the bar with Alabama and Nebraska alumni clubs (the U of M spirit club here is...lame), so I'm trying to work out another place to watch the remaining games/the games I don't want to watch with Bama or Nebraska fans.
There are a couple of groups on Facebook you can keep an eye on.
The unofficial one: http://www.facebook.com/groups/20492365847/
And the official one: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nashville-University-of-Michigan-Spirit-Club/112431547869
You can also email me at aaronpj (at) gmail.com, because I would love to catch the non-Benchmark games with another Michigan fan.
Edit: Also, out of curiosity, do you have plans to go to any Vandy games this fall?
|2 years 3 weeks ago||Nashville Location Solved!||
To any Nashville Michigan fans that don't live in the nightmarish hellscape that is Green Hills, the U of M Nashville Spirit Club posted today on their facebook that Benchmark on 21st is the new game-day watching locale.
Full address: 204 21st Avenue South, Nashville, TN
Best news: it's easily walkable from my apartment.
|2 years 4 weeks ago||Nashville, TN||
Is the Crow's Nest the only place in Nashville for Michigan football? I know the official bar (as of last year) was the Frayed Knot (yuk yuk), but that has since closed.
I mean, I'll drive out to the Crow's Nest, but Green Hills suuuuucks.
|2 years 42 weeks ago||We beat Ohio, so||
|2 years 49 weeks ago||We be taking out abscesses||
We be taking out abscesses all over the place!
|3 years 1 week ago||I found myself replaying the||
I found myself replaying the death blow by Kovacs four or five or ten times.
I knew it was huge in the stadium, but now that I get to see it up close...damn, son!