the just released schedules were a flat-out statement that the B10 doesn't believe SOS will matter in playoff selection
- Member for
- 4 years 38 weeks
- View recent blog entries
- Current value
|26 weeks 1 hour ago||Meh. They still have to stop||
They still have to stop it.
|31 weeks 5 days ago||Dipping is one of those||
Dipping is one of those things that is awful and disgusting, and you can't rationalize doing it, but you catch yourself doing it and enjoying it for no good reason.
Kind of like housing a large pizza or a dozen donuts by yourself.
What I'm saying is Kansas should have to self report every time Charlie Weis takes down a Hot N Ready by himself.
|35 weeks 6 hours ago||I so wish PSU was stuck with||
I so wish PSU was stuck with Air Force this week instead of Navy. Navy's defense is horrific, and their triple option is not as fearsome as it has once been (I still chose Navy in my Pick em, because seriously, fuck Penn State).
I think AF would probably drub PSU by two or three scores.
|35 weeks 17 hours ago||I highly recommend using||
I highly recommend using Chrome and installing ad-block. It takes care of every ad on the site, including the ones that pop up over the stream itself.
I couldn't imagine that site without it.
|35 weeks 5 days ago||Being an undergrad now seems||
Being an undergrad now seems hard.
Where are the kids playing NHL '95 tournaments in their rooms?
|36 weeks 1 day ago||I think the offense is going||
I think the offense is going to have a lot of fun on Saturday.
Air Force wasn't equipped to really stymie Idaho State (who was playing catch up for the whole game), so I don't think they have a prayer against Fitz or Denard. I think Denard senses it too. There was a twinkle in his eye at the end of that clip.
|36 weeks 6 days ago||I know it's just Idaho State,||
I know it's just Idaho State, but Air Force put up 629 yards of total offense, and their senior RB Getz went HAM.
Good test for Michigan. Slightly scary, but good test regardless. Should be fun.
|36 weeks 6 days ago||This post, however, owned.||
This post, however, owned. Yaaay you.
|36 weeks 6 days ago||Voted down for homophobia.||
Voted down for homophobia. Booooo you.
|36 weeks 6 days ago||Don't go to sleep on Air||
Don't go to sleep on Air Force. I know they played Idaho State, but they still racked up 629 yards of total offense, and their RB is DARN GOOD.
Gonna need to play tight and hard to control that game like we'll want.
|36 weeks 6 days ago||Rivals claims that Lewan's||
Rivals claims that Lewan's injury is "not serious."
Whatever that means.
|36 weeks 6 days ago||(No subject)||
|37 weeks 3 days ago||Your kicker is 65% for FG's||
Your kicker is 65% for FG's beyond 50 yards?
And we have two kickers, but they're both normal college kickers. So, you know, not Jason Elam or Sebastian Janikowski...
Also nobody is blowing Saban's oversigning out of proportion. Except Saban. And the University of Alabama. You know, by redacting their scholarship numbers for CERTAINLY NO NEFARIOUS REASON.
|37 weeks 3 days ago||1) I expect Rawls to look||
1) I expect Rawls to look Rawlsian. He will run forward into a mess of Crimson giants, and will sometimes get forward yards and sometimes not. Michigan will mix in Smith and probably Hayes. Dee Hart will look at our sideline with yearning.
2) Denard will probably break a run or two, but it's more important for him to pass. If he went to Alabama and all you did was use him as a CB and PR, that would be sad. Shame on fake alternate universe Alabama.
3) Does any team have faith on hitting a 52 yard field goal for the win? I mean, other than the Oakland Raiders. That is a silly question.
4) Your DB situation might be worse than Michigan's DB situation, but only based on experience, and it is definitely worse than our LB situation...which is not a situation, unless you define situation as "a position where you have experience, talent, and depth." Our D-line will not be very good, however.
5) One that won't be measurable in our first game against Alabama, I would expect. Kovacs will probably break into your backfield a couple of times, as will Jake Ryan, but I don't know how much we can glean from this. Your offense, like all SEC offenses, is kind of boring, but that's not to say it's ineffective. Pounding the ball into the middle of our line will probably be good enough, and your speed at WR is...speedy.
6) I expect to have 2 offensive TD's in the game.
7) He's a 5th year senior who was well-hyped during his recruitment oh so many years ago. He'll be fine.
8) Since this wasn't a huge problem last year, especially toward the end of the year, no, mental mistakes are not my concern going into this game.
9) I'm glad you would take Kovacs, but Saban would have pushed him out years ago. As for our CB's playing on an island...maybe? JT Floyd is born again hard, and Countess has a good up-side, but neither are faster than your slowest WR. Still, with good technique...I don't know.
11) I think Denard improved to a point with his passing, but how that shows up on the field is a big unknown. He was getting better as the year went on in 2011, however (Sugar Bowl notwithstanding). He does less than good when he's being pressured, so that bodes great for this game!
12) Roundtree, Gallon, and Dileo all have good hands, but are tiny. The rest are untested or freshmen. Also Devin Gardner exists, but I don't know anything about his hands other than that high school clip that Brian posted earlier of Devin making silly catches.
13) We don't have an endless stream of 5-star death machines, if that's your question. We have barely a functional starting lineup, and then freshmen. It probably won't be good.
14) That is not a question. Also, Arizona is going to own, so there.
|37 weeks 4 days ago||Nashville Fans||
So I took it upon myself to create a website and Twitter feed for Nashville Michigan fans, just so you know where to watch the games on any given week.
Now all 12 games this year will have an official watching location, and I hope some Nashville based fans see this and come out. I really want to reinvigorate the alumni base in the area!
|37 weeks 4 days ago||A few posts up||
The place is called Benchmark, and it's on 21st, across the street from the north end of Vanderbilt.
However, they're only doing 6 games there, and we have to share the bar with Alabama and Nebraska alumni clubs (the U of M spirit club here is...lame), so I'm trying to work out another place to watch the remaining games/the games I don't want to watch with Bama or Nebraska fans.
There are a couple of groups on Facebook you can keep an eye on.
The unofficial one: http://www.facebook.com/groups/20492365847/
And the official one: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nashville-University-of-Michigan-Spirit-Club/112431547869
You can also email me at aaronpj (at) gmail.com, because I would love to catch the non-Benchmark games with another Michigan fan.
Edit: Also, out of curiosity, do you have plans to go to any Vandy games this fall?
|38 weeks 4 days ago||Nashville Location Solved!||
To any Nashville Michigan fans that don't live in the nightmarish hellscape that is Green Hills, the U of M Nashville Spirit Club posted today on their facebook that Benchmark on 21st is the new game-day watching locale.
Full address: 204 21st Avenue South, Nashville, TN
Best news: it's easily walkable from my apartment.
|39 weeks 5 days ago||Nashville, TN||
Is the Crow's Nest the only place in Nashville for Michigan football? I know the official bar (as of last year) was the Frayed Knot (yuk yuk), but that has since closed.
I mean, I'll drive out to the Crow's Nest, but Green Hills suuuuucks.
|1 year 24 weeks ago||We beat Ohio, so||
|1 year 32 weeks ago||We be taking out abscesses||
We be taking out abscesses all over the place!
|1 year 36 weeks ago||I found myself replaying the||
I found myself replaying the death blow by Kovacs four or five or ten times.
I knew it was huge in the stadium, but now that I get to see it up close...damn, son!
|1 year 36 weeks ago||If their QB was a senior,||
If their QB was a senior, they would be winning this game right now.
|1 year 36 weeks ago||Holy shit counter draw! We||
Holy shit counter draw!
We have to run that play!
|1 year 36 weeks ago||Hahah, the BTN announcers||
Hahah, the BTN announcers just said that the heat was to blame for MSU's poor D-Line play.
|1 year 36 weeks ago||Hahaha, God damn, MSU...||
Hahaha, God damn, MSU...
|1 year 36 weeks ago||Sparty NOOOO!||
Muffed punt. MSU continues to allow the defense to scrimmage.
|1 year 36 weeks ago||They look like crap,||
They look like crap, especially up the middle.
I would be gnashing my teeth if I were an MSU fan.
|1 year 37 weeks ago||Zuh?||
On Wunderground, the only weather site worth visiting, the forecast isn't quite so doom and gloom:
Partly sunny through mid morning...then becoming mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs 89 to 93...with a heat index around 95. Light and variable winds...becoming west 5 to 15 mph...then turning to south late. Chance of rain 20 percent.
It's going to be sticky.
|1 year 37 weeks ago||Calling it now||
Baylor over TCU in the Texas Jesus Bowl.
I think TCU will get caught up in a fight against an experienced Baylor team, they won't expect it, and they'll suffer for their insolence.
It will be the biggest massacre in Waco's history.
|1 year 37 weeks ago||The gourmand side of me: We||
The gourmand side of me: We have purchased a 10lb pork tenderloin, and will lovingly marinate it in lemon and oil before rubbing it gently with herbs and salt and stuffing each thickly sliced chop with proscuttio, pepperoni, and provalone and grilling it over charcoal and applewood chips.
A fresh apple slaw will present a delicate compliment to the heavier pork dish, and a cold pasta salad will suit the balmy temperatures well.
The "forever an undergrad" side of me: I also can't wait to clumsily stuff handfuls of Cheez-Its in my mouth while I guzzle cheap beer and play Cornhole.