- Member for
- 1 year 28 weeks
|1 year 20 weeks ago||Ohio State's had the last||
Ohio State's had the last three. No need to be greedy.
|1 year 23 weeks ago||re: Gene The Weak "...he's||
re: Gene The Weak
"...he's managed to dodge any significant NCAA investigation into what sure looks like fairly massive and widespread extra benefits being given to his players..."
Very interesting. Your indications of this would be, what, exactly? If "massive" multiple sources would be all over it. If "widespread" even the Chengelis's of the halt, lame and lazy sporting press would be on it. I don't see that happening.
Seriously, I'd like to know what these "massive and widspread" extra benefits are and to whom?
|1 year 25 weeks ago||Opposing fans like to throw||
Opposing fans like to throw stuff around about Urban but the fact is he's a young man in this profession. He's only 48 yrs old. As a point of reference, Nick Saban is 61. Les Miles is 59.
The fact is that Urban is exactly where he wants to be, in his home state at Ohio State where he started his coaching career. He's already making $4 million/yr+, he has his health under control, finished 12-0 w/a win over Michigan in his first year and is about to wrap up his second top 5 recruiting class.
The question is not how long to Ohio State fans think he's going to stay. The question is how long before the rest of the B1G just surrenders to him.
|1 year 25 weeks ago||Ohio State scholarship numbers||
The limit is not on the 25 per class. The limit is on the 85 total. In this case OSU is limited to 82 total.
|1 year 26 weeks ago||Well, since that hasn't||
Well, since that hasn't happened in this century it's not much to worry about really.
|1 year 27 weeks ago||Let me count the ways; 1)||
Let me count the ways;
1) When he announced that Tressel had a 10.1 NCAA violation he should have then announced that he had fired Tressel. He didn't. He backed him w/o reservation.
2) When the media heat came down on Tressel/OSU Gene The Weak immediately folded and fired Tressel. (Smith's word means nothing).
3) When Gene The Weak started taking heat he didn't have the balls to face the press. So he did a YouTube video and released that.
4) When he announced OSU's self-imposed sactions he said, due to his vast NCAA experience, that he had hit the "sweet spot." How'd that work out Geno?
5) Instead of doing the obvious, self-imposing a bowl ban on a 6-6 team, he challenged the NCAA to do it. They did...on what turned out to be a 12-0 team. Moronic.
6) The guy is nothing but a bureaucratic weasel, exactly what you'd expect of a Notre Dame grad.
|1 year 28 weeks ago||Weak resumé?||
I wouldn't call 2 losses to #1 seeds, a road loss to a #6 seed and win over a #2 seed weak. But that's just me.
|1 year 28 weeks ago||Well, at least he finally had||
Well, at least he finally had the ball to admit it.
|1 year 28 weeks ago||This is the biggest issue||
Don't doubt for a minute that the B1G will try to move the Ohio State v UM game earlier in the season while keeping them in opposite divisions. Why? That's what's best for the BTN.
With more teams, the inventory of conference games grows and the BTN wants big games earlier in the season. It's one of the few things that the SEC does that's better than the B1G scheme.
DiNardo on BTN has been beating this drum for two years. He makes no bones about it. Ohio State v. UM should be an early season game for two reasons: 1) Huge TV ratings early in the season; 2) Prevents OSU v UM in back to back weeks in the B1G championship game. If you care about the tradition of "The Game" put your attention here.
As for the division names I don't really care at this point. The only reason I dislike the current Leaders and Legends is that they are snark bait for national writers/reporters who like to dump on the B1G and find that the lowest of low-hanging fruit.
FWIW I like the B1G logo.