VIDEO: Spring Game Every Snap
I was waiting for this video to pop up so I could watch what I missed. Even though our back up QB's don't look nearly as polished as DG, I believe Shane will come to Michigan and impress right away.
Thank you so much! Been waiting for this
Thank You! You da man!
I wouldn't be surprised to see Thomas Rawls get a few goaline off tackle/ sweeps this year. Dude is bigger than all backfield guys except the MIKE
Can't wait to see the rotation up front this year. Taco, Willie and Ondre looked aggressive as hell.
I was pretty impressed by Ringer, especially considering his name doesn't come up often for playing time.
I love how things are coming together. Starting to see depth and talent everywhere. Hope we are ALABAMA scary in a couple years.
Really glad the video progressed beyond the first two minutes. Some of the O there was UGLY. We might be a slow starting team this year, or that might just have been chance. Either way, after those first ten or so snaps, everything was beautiful.
I am feeling Norfleet. Gotta get him some carries/catches.
After seeing the whole game for the first time I will say that I don't think the highlights did the team justice. Both the o and d looked big, fast and physical. Much more talented than any team since 06 or 07.
The rush ends particularly looked impressive. Clark has a freakish first step and Mario and taco both looked pretty good. Cam Gordon and Beyer both looked much better than at any time in the past as well. I'm pretty excited for this season after seeing that.
- Dennis Norfleet creates yards on every play where he doesn't have a tackler on him before he takes the pitch. We have to get him involved.
- The Drake Johnson hype is real -- he is not flashy, but runs the play consistently and gets the yards that are there. A classic UM back who could squeeze Rawls out of the rotation, IMO.
- Our secondary is good. Very little separation for the receivers, and most of the successful passing plays were the result of great throws and/or catches.
- Our LBs were excellent, and deep. Bolden, Ringer, Gordon/Beyer all looked real good as back-ups. The starters were awesome. This is definitely our best position group.
- The D-Line looked bigger, stronger, and faster than any line in recent memory. Again, there is good depth to go along with strong starters. SDE seems to be the only position that is "meh".
- The last three bullets add-up to one awesome conlcusion: OUR DEFENSE WILL BE VERY, VERY GOOD. Mattison has gotten done with sub-par talent the last two seasons. Now he'll have much better talent at almost every position. I believe we'll have the best defense in the B1G--besting Sparty and Ohio.
- The offensive line is coming together. The talent is obvious--so is the youth. More than a few blown assignments, but also some crushing blocks agasint very good D-line play. This unit, IMO, is the most important determiner of our success this fall. I think RB will work itself out nicely with Fitz and Green added to what we have, and the WRs appear to be at least serviceable. Add the TEs and I'm not too concerned about pass-catchers...just time for DG to throw and lanes for our RBs.
- No kicking plays? I guess with Gibbons/Wile we don't have much to worry about, but I'd like to see our return game improve this year.