well that's just, like, your opinion, man
Hey all. Sorry if this topic has come up before but I don't remember seeing anything. Recently I've become a podcast junky and can't get enough. I'm always looking for the next "must listen to" podcast. So my question to you is, what are your favorites? Here are a couple of mine....
1. Sword and Scale: If you like true crime this is the best I've come across. Be warned though it is VERY graphic, some real sick stuff. (most are about 1hr long)
2. Lore: As you may have guessed it's all about folk lore. Some true through i.e. HH Holmes a UM alum. (on average about 20-30 minutes long)
3. Criminal: More true crime but at different angle. Different topics from different view points. (on average about 20-30 minutes long)
4. The Unresolved Podcast: Based on unsolved mysteries. A fairly new podcast. Topics range from psychotic killers to folk lore. (wide range, 40-60 minutes long)
5. Serial: If you podcast you've most surely heard of this one. True crime into it's second season. I recommend binge listening to this one. A lot of in-depth info, too much to wait 2 weeks between episodes.
6. Radiolab: A WIDE range of topics. They have a huge library of episodes, you'll surely find something that interests you. Great research done by this team.
Those are my favorites. What's yours?? I need more! Must have more!
I and my cohosts at the Detroit City FC Fancast podcast sat down with Michigan Soccer seniors and Detroit City FC alumni Colin McAtee, Will Mellors-Blair, James Murphy and T.J. VanSlooten for a discussion about their time at City, their experiences at Michigan and what they're looking forward to in the upcoming season.
iTunes, Stitcher or http://www.dcfcfc.com/episode-9-university-of-michigan-soccer/ for those interested.
(Thanks to Brian for the permission to be a little self-promoting here.)
Probably everybody who is still interested in the NBA listens to Zach Lowe's podcasts, but for those who don't here is a great interview with Stan Van Gundy.
Key issues that SVG discusses:
1) Insight into the non-signing of Greg Monroe
2) Defensive switching on pick and rolls
3) Orlando vs. Detroit for attracting free agents
4) "Form a fucking wall!"
4a) "trying to be less controversial. . ."
The new Solid Verbal episode just posted and Dan and Ty talk to Brian about the coaching search. Solid Verbal is one of my favorite sports podcasts and it'll be interesting to hear what their opinions are vs. Brian's.
Episode link: http://www.solidverbal.com/2014/12/17/michigan-man-1217/
EDIT: Brian's segment starts at 20:18 of the show.
Cato and Todd are both high school coaches now so their perspective tends to make a good counterbalance to us bloggers--they mostly talk about problems that are coachable versus those that aren't, which we can't really tell you.
They love Jourdan Lewis and his aggressive play. Turnover ratio is turnover ratio--they think it's carelessness.
PSU blog has a podcast, invited me to be the requisite opponent expert/jerk. And guess what they lead with? Ah heck don't guess here's what they lead with:
The podcast link: http://curtinrdchronicles.com/2013/10/08/a-quarter-and-two-seconds/