to play football, not to play trumpet
Georgia has fired Mark Richt, a source told https://t.co/IUb98wmtlA— Mark Schlabach (@Mark_Schlabach) November 29, 2015
This is relevant to our recruiting as well...
EDIT: ...and now it's official: http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/112915aaa.html
Apparently, Jeremy Pruit was fired and left his mark on the way out.
Mark Richt has lost control of Jeremy Pruitt. https://t.co/4sNuepyaSe— ricobert1 (@ricobert1) November 5, 2015
EDIT: Apparently, I jumped the gun a little bit. Seems to be a false report. My bad. Still, not a good look at ALL for Georgia that this seems to have been taken so seriously so quickly.
Big win for the #8 Women's Gymnastics team over #7 perennial powerhouse UGA Gym Dawgs.
Not surprisingly Georgia is the feature. I had flipped to that game just as the ball was snapped on that 4th-and-18. All I could do was stare at my TV in complete stunned silence. Then I snapped back to reality and started texting everyone I knew to turn on CBS if they weren't already watching. Unreal.
Here's an interesting Rivals article (link). Highlights!
- Obviously: OSU and Michigan have the best recruiters. You probably know all about Michigan's body of work, but OSU was admittedly impressive in Texas and Georgia. They secured the #1 Texan and took a 4 star running back wanted by Texas/Oregon. They also beat out 'Bama and Georgia for a 5 star Georgian linebacker.
- Also expected: Fred Jackson's recruiting prowess in Detroit is like Nick Saban and Lane Kiffin, but cleaner (This is almost not an exaggeration.)
- Greg Mattison's work all over the country gets mentioned. He's credited for securing Poggi from the Crimson Temptress, but you probably knew that already.
- I think Indiana's continued recruiting successes are the most noteworthy. They pulled a couple 4 star prospects from the Hoosier State--but also a 4 star out of Georgia. Indy raiding the SEC is pretty wild.
- Jerry Montgomery didn't make the list. These things probably vary by year, and I don't think it's a strong indication of anything in particular, but it's a relevant omission for Michigan fans.
- Frosting should come in two varieties: Chuck E. Cheese-style and the kind made with cream cheese. Also, all pie crusts should be made of graham crackers.