Here's an interesting Rivals article (link). Highlights!
- Obviously: OSU and Michigan have the best recruiters. You probably know all about Michigan's body of work, but OSU was admittedly impressive in Texas and Georgia. They secured the #1 Texan and took a 4 star running back wanted by Texas/Oregon. They also beat out 'Bama and Georgia for a 5 star Georgian linebacker.
- Also expected: Fred Jackson's recruiting prowess in Detroit is like Nick Saban and Lane Kiffin, but cleaner (This is almost not an exaggeration.)
- Greg Mattison's work all over the country gets mentioned. He's credited for securing Poggi from the Crimson Temptress, but you probably knew that already.
- I think Indiana's continued recruiting successes are the most noteworthy. They pulled a couple 4 star prospects from the Hoosier State--but also a 4 star out of Georgia. Indy raiding the SEC is pretty wild.
- Jerry Montgomery didn't make the list. These things probably vary by year, and I don't think it's a strong indication of anything in particular, but it's a relevant omission for Michigan fans.
- Frosting should come in two varieties: Chuck E. Cheese-style and the kind made with cream cheese. Also, all pie crusts should be made of graham crackers.
This guy better hope he goes into a prison with a ton of Bama fans otherwise he's going to find out really fast how often he is going to get teabagged, among other things, while doing his stint.
The question is, would you teabag a drunk OSU fan?
I wouldn't. But i'd be tempted to dump the feces filled OSU cooler on him.
Lesson to be learned here. Don't get so wasted in public that you pass out in public. So with that in mind, what are you drinking this evening?
K-state is not going to make it to unbeaten; Oregon looks unlikely too that it would maintain unbeaten.
Of course USC is waiting for ND but USC looked just plain ordinary.
Alabama will meet (and beat) Auburn (hey, give us Derick Green!), and it will beat Georgia for SEC championship.
Of all scenarios, an Alabama-ND match probably is the worst that Brian Kelly can get.
Just read http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page/LSU-Bama-Fans/last-time-met (this was about the Alabama fan that violated a passed out LSU fan after the National Championship game last year) and have to say that while the act was sophmoric, this doesn't seem out of the realm of many younger fans. I know most of us on here are die hard fans and just thought this story showed how much a "bad decision" could alter a family's life.
Given its Friday and I am getting depressed over the fact that Denard's last home game is tomorrow, I was hoping to incite some comments on stupid sports related things people on the board have done or have had done onto them. I have never ventured south to Ohio for a game based off of some prior stories I have read on here and am interested on hearing from others.