landing spot. will be interesting to see how he does.
A couple weeks ago, I put together a google map with all of the Michigan bars I'm aware of (and also everything from the spreadsheet that bouje has been maintaining.) The map is here.
Hopefully this will prevent the "where's the Michigan bar in Pittsburgh/Fresno/Topeka/wherever" threads that pop up every week, but if your favorite gameday hangout isn't on here, put it in the thread and let me know. I'll do my best to keep the map up to date.
Per the Chargers' website, James Ross was a "non-contract participant" in San Diego's rookie minicamp, and called back when a safety was placed on IR. Since he wasn't simply replacing another LB, it seems that they liked what they saw in camp and brought him back as soon as a roster spot opened.
There were previous posts here about his invitation to the Ravens camp, but wasn't signed, and a later post about LBs making rosters mentioned he'd been invited to the Chargers' camp also. Great to know it wasn't the end of the story for him.
What are your favorite UM football teams since the new millennium? This is my personal top 5:
1. 2003- Loved our ability to basically run the ball at will, Braylon was Braylon, and our defense was awesome.
2. 2006- So close to winning it all, but losing two in a row sucked a little for me. Anyways, the offense led by Mike Hart was great, and the defense was amazing until our defensive coordinator couldn't game plan for a spread team.
3. 2004- Couldn't believe this team had gotten as far as it did. Freshman quarterback and a running back that wasn't even 5'10 leading our team to the Rose Bowl? I would of laughed in your face if you told me that at the beginning of the season. Plus Braylon coming back as a senior was nice.
4. 2015- First year of Harbaugh. Started off a little slow but ended up beating the SEC East champions in their own backyard 41-7. Doubled their win total from the previous year as well and had a streak of 3 consecutive shut outs.
5. 2011- People may say this year was a fluke but I don't care. We had Denard, beat Ohio State for the first time in what seemed like a 100 years, and won a BCS bowl game (Sugar Bowl).
...days until the season of EXTREME OPTIMISM begins.
Which means we are only...
...Saturdays until football returns.
A classic Big Ten football matchup coming to NYC! Consider the future created!
What grabbed me about this article was the picture. What does MLive choose to represent UM? A picture of two backup tight ends running wild through Florida.
It's a beautiful thing.