Ahhhh that's why!
Crude Bug Tracking
- Anonymous comments are not being saved.
- Many users did not get registration emails. (email validation now disabled)
- No real indication you've done anything when you sign up.
- comment showing options are confusing
- "new" post clickto is goofy when newest comments are first.
- Tabs are ugly for some users.
- New July 2. pale blue shows when there's side-scrolling
- "Useful Stuff" dropdown appears off edge of screen
- occasional CAPTCHA loop
- URLs not always auto-linking themselves in comments/diaries.
- Navbar doesn't work in IE6.
- "mark all read" broken.
- More space-efficient comments.
- stealth comments.
- rename "save" to something like "post".
- Load ads last to improve performance
- Have "more" link on message board tabs take you directly to board instead of landing screen.
- Create a "for Brian" checkbox on posts/comments/diaries for things that require my attention.
- Create mobile version.
- Recruiting wiki.
- Subscription infrastructure.
- MGoTorrents integration.
- Diaries homepage.
- Message board revamp.
- you don't have to preview comments or message board posts anymore.
- comment threading options enabled for message board
- Ticket ads now less ugly.
- Brian @ AOL posts now visible to plebes.
- message board restyled so it doesn't bleed into the right sidebar.
- Added "Hot" tab for message board.
- Fixed IE6 bug where content would end up pushed down the page.
- leaderboard ad centered.
- Killed the "ad takeover bug" by removing the code that delayed ad loading until end of page.
- Added "MGoElsewhere" block with useful links to the Fanhouse, Facebook, and MGo.licio.us, as some had requested their return.
- Deleted all accounts that had never been logged in and disabled email validation temporarily.
- Fixed MGoStore block.
- Made the "more" links in the diaries tab block work better.
- Fixed the Fanhouse links in the MGoElsewhere block, which had bombed out due to the Fanhouse revamp.
IE7 to Firefox. When hitting the "# new" under comments in the recent posts section, under IE7 it would take me directly to the 1st new comment (which is what I want); under Firefox, it takes me to the last (or most recent) new comment, which I do not want.
That "Speak Up Against Reckless Driving" ad keeps redirecting me to a blank white page that only shows that banner on top. WTF? In order to avoid this I have to stop the page from loading all the way. Really really annoying. Maybe it's just my browser, not sure.
I've deleted the old one, but when I try to upload a new one, the old one keeps popping up instead.
Must have needed a server refresh.
I just gave my own post a point.
Probably already know this, but something goofy is going on with MGoPoints and year old posts.
The green points activity list shows up in the MGoBoard sidebar thing if I vote on a comment and then click on >> to see previous board posts.
I have an Opera-related MGoBug - missing feeds plug-in and "The selected file /tmp/file8eBi9i could not be uploaded, because the destination sites/mgoblog.com/files/js/js_d11614f8e88bc6e87e7b8d4aa8816409.js is not properly configured."
Not a huge deal, but I'm running the IE9 beta and things look pretty solid overall, however the WYSIWYG editor doesn't function for comments, it just shows a dotted line around the object/text box, but does not open it to allow you to enter any text.
Plain text works.....obviously.
In 5 minutes I have seen 3 commenters who used blockquotes and added an extra, empty blockquote at the bottom of their post. I don't know if this is a WYSIWYG quote-button thing, or if everybody is as late to the coffeepot as I am this morning, but it's starting to look systemic.
Also, I notice daily that the "Comment Viewing Options" box is in a fight with the bottom-most comment on any given page, especially when said comment is "new" and has the associated style applied. I'm always in Safari on a Mac. (By "in a fight", I mean that the top border of the CVO box is pretty much a strikethrough on the comment's timestamp, reply button, points label, and "new" tag.)
The link to the #comments section from mainpage stories (if you click on the "comments" link at the bottom of a story) does not re-align the page to the comments section, just opens the comments below the story. So the page reloads, and opens the comments, but does not set the comments to the top of the page like it used to.
I don't see a "comments" tag in the source code. The #new link works, since there is an "a id=new" in the code.
Firefox 3.6.x FWIW.
My account page has me down as a member for 24 weeks, even though I posted a diary on 9/11/09 (60+ weeks ago) and registered some time before that. Come to think of it, the 24 weeks may not even be advancing at this point.
Nevertheless, this could also be happening with other users.
Site cache issue. There's a group of pages that tend to fail, reverting back to February. It's always a pain when I upload diaries, as my "diary blog" also pops up with a February post as most recent.
You'll probably notice that you appear to sign off when you open your account page. If you click log on, without even putting in your user name and password, you should see the proper 1 year 13 weeks.
I'm not sure if this is still monitored, but it seems like the right place to ask. When I go to MGoBoard, I can read every topic on the first page just fine, but when I click on either the "2" or ">" at the bottom, it takes me to what I think are a list of the recent front-page topics.
Any help you can give to fix this is appreciated. I'm running Windows 7 and IE8.
Anyone else have this issue?
same problem on chrome
Yeah, I'm seeing this all over the place, from the mini MGoBoard box in the sidebar to the main MGoBoard page to the Diaries box (also on the sidebar).
Meanwhile, when I click the little double arrow in the "Diaries" box in the sidebar, it works as expected most of the time, but I sometimes get way more than 5 new links, and they do not seem to correspond to anything recent or popular. I'm not sure if there's anything different about the starting conditions for these two outcomes.
I'd be glad to help try and sort through what's happening, but I just really can't figure out where the code is that does the linkjacking.
Also, I've just observed that the MGoBoard mini-box seems to work just fine, when I'm actually viewing the MGoBoard itself. If I'm viewing the front page or any content page (diary, board post, front page post), the mini-box fails as described above.
I'm on a Mac, in Safari, Chrome, and FF.
I get this error message when I try to upload an avatar:
I cleared my cache per a previous suggestion, but no luck there either. Thanks for your help.
I think all your tips are great! Break it up and list it down. It always looks better and more readable when you write your points that way. Thanks for the tips! bookkeeping certification
This post is so informative for those who are addicted to online shopping, such a beautiful mind to create this type of cool and attractive website.
Looking for camping site in New York, then Adirondack camping is the best place for camping. Discover the Adirondack wild with Adirondack experience and have ultimate fun. For more details click http://www.adirondackexperience.com/
I am feeling good to post this comment here, this is such a enjoyable moment and I want to visit this website again.
Forum is an online hub, where people come and share their knowledge and forum posting is a way to interact with people and receive information. Link bullets help in building good clients base, as it helps in building new relation. For more information visit http://www.linkbullets.com/forum-posting