Mike Lantry, 1972
Some guy just screamed GET IN THE HOLE like an ass after tee-off. Game has begun suddenly. Steelers win coin flip and make a gain of five.
Just started reading an article on slate called "Moneygolf: Will New Statistics Unlock the Secrets of Golf?".
So far it's pretty interesting and delving into the new technology and new types of stats that will make the GIR, Fairways Hit, etc. a tad more obsolete.
Interesting for stat geeks and technology nerds, both.
Is anyone else having an absolutely horrendous time reading the new layout for the MGoBoard page? For example, the way it shows up on my screen, the "Topic" column is way too narrow and the "created" and "last reply" columns are way too wide. It's way too hard to read the thread titles, at least for me. I just wanted to see if other people are having this problem, as well, or if it's something I need to change on my computer.
[mod edit: Get all of your complaints and suggestions out in this thread. Any new thread in the same vein will be deleted. Grumble.]
It looks like Bradley is about to get the Aston Villa job. Who's next for the USMNT? Klinsmann?
There's also some speculation in the article about a possible Landon Donovan transfer.
EDIT: As noted by Speakeasy below, this is not a done deal. Both Bradley and his agent have denied the report.
I tooled around with a redesign for the new comment threads after watching the new boards fluctuate like crazy. See below:
- Changed the header section to prioritize the title, author, and notification of newness
- Metadata like points, post date, and join date are still featured in the top but offset in size and color
- The text is easier to read as the lines are a little tighter with more space between paragraphs.
- Threading is easier to follow as the comment box has a background and border.
- Despite adding more info than the current design, it takes up less space on the screen.
Re-run of a U of M grad on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire is at the million dollar question on Game Show Network!
Annnnddddd, he wins 1 million dollars!