needs moar usage
- Member for
- 2 years 49 weeks
- View recent blog entries
- Current value
|19 weeks 5 days ago||Wow, that must have been nice||
Wow, that must have been nice for the band too. Well done, Mr. Kitchens.
|26 weeks 4 days ago||Parkinggod's||
|26 weeks 5 days ago||Saturday's gonna be||
Saturday's gonna be bittersweet.
|26 weeks 6 days ago||While no one can ever replace||
While no one can ever replace Denard, I do hope that Rich gets a chance to coach another great talent at quarterback, and see them through to their senior year. It's gotta be hard to have a special relationship with a person like Denard and have things get cut short. I still remember Rich and Denard hugging before their last game together in Jacksonville. As posted earlier by others, let's remember that these are real and strong relationships between people, not simply coaches and their players.
|27 weeks 2 days ago||Wow||
That would be an incredibly emotional finish.
|27 weeks 2 days ago||Only Hoke||
With grace? Does he seek it out? Does he not like attention?
Hoke: “Do you think he’s graceful?”
Yeah, I think he’s graceful.
Hoke: “Then I would say yeah.”
|27 weeks 5 days ago||I believe this is Taiwanese.||
I believe this is Taiwanese.
|36 weeks 3 days ago||Why do you think there's zero||
Why do you think there's zero chance?
|37 weeks 6 days ago||Putting your most talented||
Putting your most talented players on the field is always a good move. So, Devin will inevitably provide some new challenges to opposing Defensive Coordinators, but as we saw last year, having Denard and Devin on the field at the same time is not a recipe for assured success. With the switch to wide out, I don't expect there to be too many gimmicky packages, instead it should be more traditional. If anything, he'll probably get more attention in red zone situations. Devin will be a real asset this season, and while I don't know if opposing DC's will prepare for it, you gotta imagine Borges has some clever trick plays drawn up to utilize all of his skills.
|38 weeks 7 hours ago||Do you not see good things||
Do you not see good things happening with VIncent back there, or is it more that you feel much more confident in another back?
edit: Pretty much answered it before I posted, thanks.
|38 weeks 20 hours ago||1. Rawls carries will likely||
1. Rawls' carries will likely depend on ball security. As a runner he has some tools that Smith lacks, but it must be said that Smith is experienced, a great blocker, and a receiving threat out of the backfield. There's no telling how big the drop off is given the lack of film on Rawls though. My biggest worry is that Rawls struggles early, and Smith is stuck trying to pick up 3 or 4 yards at best per carry.
2. Denard will probably have two or three 20+ yd runs. He certainly has the capability to go over 100 yds in the game, but the vast majority of his runs could not end in punishing blows, which is too much to ask, I'm afraid. If Fitz was starting I would answer differently. Read options are really something with two home run threats.
3. Given the venue, maybe. Weather won't be an issue, and it's not a true away game.
4. DB is not the position group of concern (weird saying that). The back 7 should be fine, but not if the DL can't take care of business up front first.
5. Overall, I don't think there will be a huge jump. However, situationally, the D will perform markedly better than last year due to more Mattisonization. Once again, it really depends on the front four. I think the D will outright dominate Big Ten offenses at times this year, but Alabama is a different animal.
6. I think it's fair to expect two offensive TD's.
7. Not his natural position, but an experienced offensive lineman who is apparently mobile.
8. The two outside linebackers are younger, but I anticipate that their mental miscues will be kept to a minimum.
9. Probably in spurts only. The DB situation this year is so much better than in years past that I could be overestimating their abilities, though.
10. More and more as the season progresses.
11. I think that he will be a better player, and his stats should show it. Last year's schedule was kind, and there are more difficult road tests this year, so there's that to factor in too. I would guess he cuts down on INT's to 12, fumbles once or twice, and completes over 63% of his passes with a few more TD's through the air.
12. Comfortable with a 3 wide set + TE. Once we get to 4 wideouts, not every player will present a match up issue for a team like Alabama.
13. Probably not.
But really, who knows. Kickoff just needs to happen to stop all of this.
|38 weeks 2 days ago||At the End of the Day...||
I trust that Mattison will be able to keep Alabama's score within striking distance. However, if Borges is faced with a lot of 3rd and long situations, I don't see this one ending pretty. Besides flukey plays changing things, the game will likely come down to whether or not the front 4 can handle Alabama's offensive line, stymy drives, and put the ball back in Denard's hands.
Playing against Alabama in the first game of the season will only help. Win or lose, the team will be better prepared than most to meet the challanges of the rest of the season.
|1 year 7 weeks ago||That's the beauty of it,||
That's the beauty of it, who'd expect it!?
|1 year 7 weeks ago||Thanks! I've been hankerin||
Thanks! I've been hankerin for some practice video. I think the offense is really gonna take off this year. It'll be tough replacing Molk and Hemingway, but I think Denard will be improved, and I expect the running backs to rack up more yards too.
|1 year 9 weeks ago||haha, the Borges transition||
haha, the Borges transition from listening to speaking in the beginning is hilarious. He looks so bored prior to answering.
|1 year 9 weeks ago||http://www.atdhenet.tv/||
if devotee's method doesn't work for you
|1 year 12 weeks ago||I don't think anyone should||
I don't think anyone should cut racists slack. While it's not his explicit "fault" that he was born into circumstances that led him to believe other races to be inferior, he was confronted with arguments against racism and still chose to be racist. That's not something to cast aside. He couldn't see the error of his ways, and I think he should be held accountable.
|1 year 15 weeks ago||dayumn||
"This, has started a hilarious recruiting "rivalry" in which MSU will offer Ohio players and OSU will take whichever ones they want."
|1 year 17 weeks ago||Well, now he can spend more||
Well, now he can spend more time with LeGarrette
|1 year 17 weeks ago||I'll be curious to see who||
I'll be curious to see who ends up in Eugene as the new Head Coach. Any ideas?
|1 year 23 weeks ago||I doubt Keenum will be the||
I doubt Keenum will be the best QB Sumlin coaches.
|1 year 24 weeks ago||Who doesn't want to stick||
Who doesn't want to stick with their guys? Look at who Hoke took with him to Michigan from SDSU, pretty much everyone except for Long(<Mattison anyway), and he wasn't going to use the 3-3-5 up here anyway.
Bottom line, I think if Rich is going to succeed, why mess with what worked at WVU? Especially if he gets Casteel, I see little reason to expect they won't replicate a lot of the success they had in Morgantown. They'll likely be able to recruit better than they did at WVU too, being that close to Texas and Cali should work well. Obviously, the UM brand is stronger than Arizona's but I don't think Rich needs top 10 talent to win it all.
Plus, I'm sure they're all hungry to prove themselves. I expect Arizona to be quite good. They'll have a winning season next year, that RS SR QB will be such an asset breaking everyone into the system.
|1 year 25 weeks ago||Well who thought App State||
Well who thought App State would be rescheduled? It's not so crazy if it's a one time away game for Arizona. Dave Brandon's got an ego too, so I don't see him refusing a game outright. However, I don't know how they could promise him that in the first place.
|1 year 25 weeks ago||Who is NORIL? They received 1||
Who is NORIL? They received 1 vote in the AP.
|1 year 25 weeks ago||How do you all think Campbell||
How do you all think Campbell will pan out? He definitely seems impressive, especially for his age.
|1 year 27 weeks ago||RIP Sparky||
|1 year 27 weeks ago||I would be interested to see||
I would be interested to see how the offensive gameplan would shape up without the use of the Deuce formation. On defense, contain the option looks and deep balls. Hopefully Scheelhaase and Jenkins don't resurrect their early season connection.
|1 year 28 weeks ago||I don't think RR follows the||
I don't think RR follows the analogy. He/She means that there will be an intermediary coach, like Kiffin who came in after Carroll, and presumably there will be a a legendary type coach to come in after Kiffin to restore the glory, like Saban did for Bama. Could be misreading it though.
|1 year 28 weeks ago||Mad Hatter, y'all. Should be||
Mad Hatter, y'all. Should be a great game, I got LSU on top 22-17
|1 year 29 weeks ago||Just curious, what Massive||
Just curious, what Massive Attack and Mastodon tracks are you thinking of? Big fan of both groups.