Tennessee is not recruiting well just because they got 18 dudes
3/31 UPDATE: Here
First things first, it's VERY simple, so unless you care about the minutia of uniforms, you may not notice anything new or different.
For the rest of us, here's my concept based on Nike's Mach Speed template:
- Keep it simple!
- Jumpman and B1G logos balanced and visible, but not too pronounced
- Clear sternum (NC, CFP, bowl patch would go here)
- Modernized font similar to last week's twitter leak (extremely similar to Oregon State)
- Same pants as 2015, but following lines of Nike Mach Speed template
- Maize drop shadow on away numbers
- Maize cuffs and collar on away
- It was difficult to find tiny ways to change the uniform that pay enough repsect to the absurdly long-standing traditions of the program.
- After playing with all the options, I've come to realize I like the 2015 away pants a lot and I hope we keep the design.
- A modernized font will look cool and not gaudy if the rest of the uniform is grounded well enough.
- Hat-tip to two users from Sportlogos.net for the template - here
What are you hoping to see in the fast-approaching new uniforms?
Has anyone heard any info on when we can expect an anouncement with official drawups of the uniforms and when they will be available to buy online? I've been hesitant to buy an Adidas jersey, but now that we're switching back to Nike (Jordan), I can't wait to get one.
Michigan and the winged helmet was number 5.
For anyone that can't view
2. Penn State
1. Notre Dame
Obviously I disagree but I am biased.
The Omaha article ranking Big Ten helmets was linked by Rittenberg yesterday. I didn't post this as a "Yeah, we're number one." As the writer says, "It's obvious". As for the others, I'm less of a fan of the plain like PSU or Nebraska, than others, but whatever. What I found fascinating, however, is the stat that MSU has changed its helmet 16 times since 1960.
Via HT from Dr Saturday:
A nice recap of Oregon's uni combos this year. And yes, they had a different combo for every game. Sometimes a shirt, or a helmet, or sometimes an entirely different color combo (still surpirsed no all-neon yellow look this year).To think we bitch about striping changes every couple years on an away jersey...
Jim Mora: "Striping? You're talking about striping?"