at least it's not just us?
EDIT: If you're tired of comments on the MSM, you might want to avoid this. Based on prior similar posts (and the number of responses to those posts) I judged that it may be of interest to a subset of the readership.
Most avid MGoBlog readers have seen this post: http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/brandon-no-monday-announcement
Here are some additional details:
* Tom Dienhart, who is one of my favorite members of the lamestream media (LSM), posted this early yesterday: https://twitter.com/TomDienhart/status/7488853665382400
* To a guy from CBS, Brandon's tweet was interpreted as a response: http://college-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/260... NB: MGoBlog is listed among the "respected sources," unlike Dienhart.
* This morning, Tommy is still on the case with this jewel: http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1157352 Among the choice tidbits in that column are "From the get-go, Rodriguez has seemed like a bad fit for Michigan," "But some [ED: Like Tom!] feel that may not be enough for him to keep his job,"and "RichRod's biggest sin may not be his inability to develop a defense. It may be that under his watch, Michigan's football program is on probation for the first time." Cue the Sparty voice: "MAJOR violations ... huh, huh!"
- - -
* Is Dienhart to Purdue as The Freep (which, btw, classifies Tom as an "expert" ... http://www.freep.com/article/20101124/SPORTS06/101124049/) is to Michigan State?
* Does any "national columnist" add less value to the college football discussion than Tom? Bleacher Report people don't count.
Uh oh...T-Woolf (@TWoolf29) is on the prowl. Two tweets from the last hour:
Yall journalist disgust me, y'all read someones tweets and shape a story based off of what you think is being said. Find out the facts!
and, minutes later,
I'm going to find out the lazy reporter who wrote that article and do something cause they got me in trouble over something I didn't say.
I am reminded of a similar situation . . .
(tried and failed to embed...)
High comedy all evening. Old bits. Convos with Stoney. Him trying to figure out what the hell he is doing.
If you're a fan, I recommend reading through the stream even if you don't have an account.
Not a huge issue at all, but just for curiosity I'm just wondering who thinks RichRod is actually doing the tweeting on his page, or whether it's someone in the athletic department. He always talks about how he doesn't even remember what he wrote...I'm thinking he didn't write it.
And what's up with the latest ones..."Who is going to be ready when we SPOT THE BALL" or "Keep the MAIN THING the MAIN THING" lol. Hope to see a lot of hard edge in your responses.
Me and another Michigan grab built TwitPick'em - which is just another pool. Please fill out a bracket to help me test it. A warning: it send a tweet once you save your bracket - so if you don't like that sort of thing, I understand. We're just really late on this and want to spread the word.
These just came across my twitter feed about an hour ago at exactly the same time. Were DeShawn and Manny driving around campus together and someone got plowed over?
MGoTwitterStalk in full effect...
313fresh: why do ppl in ann aarbor think they can walk in front of a moving car
Peedi3416: No more texting and driving for me. I just learned my lesson